Our general manager is a bad ass

MasterDecoy

Who took my beer?
May 4, 2010
Beijing
C'mon, are the Back To the Future references lost on today's generation!

i meant the whole post dumdum, of course i got the doc brown reference. "today's generation"? christ im 35... :help:

wiat, so im a cool kid now? :yo: sweeeeet

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
you have a serious misunderstanding in regards to who frequents this board

edit/warning: im drunk and my english sucks, i know...

Educate me, I am writing what I see, why is it so many are eager to give smart remarks about such things as a post count since 2007? What does that matter? I thought anyone was free to give an opinion no matter how frequent, it is just a message board after all. I am drunk too.:laugh::laugh: Go Patriots, for today at least.

Coldplay

Courage
Aug 21, 2008
Montréal
I caught a glimpse of MB on Peel at around 1 AM last Thursday...was pretty surreal seeing his supreme taste in clothes in the flesh. :P

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
marc-bergevin-26-ans.jpg

before he discovered suits.

KingRoy33

Sep 7, 2010
Isn't it funny that many GM's now are following his footsteps in offering their RFA's a similar bridge contract to what MB gave Subban lol That's the sign of a good GM people.

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
Isn't it funny that many GM's now are following his footsteps in offering their RFA's a similar bridge contract to what MB gave Subban lol That's the sign of a good GM people.

It's a sign that other GMs are also trying to nickel and dime their RFAs and are (as of yet) still unsuccessful. I think it's pretty clear that Subban's a man of very high character for taking the contract, otherwise he would've pulled a Doughty or worse.

Kadri, Franson, Pieterangelo & Co. are as of yet unsigned for a reason.

Sorinth

Jan 18, 2013
It's a sign that other GMs are also trying to nickel and dime their RFAs and are (as of yet) still unsuccessful. I think it's pretty clear that Subban's a man of very high character for taking the contract, otherwise he would've pulled a Doughty or worse.

Kadri, Franson, Pieterangelo & Co. are as of yet unsigned for a reason.

What is pull a Doughty? Didn't he just sit out until he got the deal he wanted? That's exactly what Subban, except PK caved, or did I miss something?

At least in Toronto & NYR case they don't have the cap space to do anything except nickel and dime them so it's hard to argue those teams are intentionally trying to follow what we did. Not sure what's going on in Pieterangelo's case though.

FlyingKostitsyn

Mar 7, 2008
Quebec
BigDisk said:
Great interview with MB (french, too lazy to translate): http://www.rds.ca/hockey/canadiens/j...anche-1.658763

Gotta respect that man!

''Le jour de la ratification de l'entente, j'ai reçu vers minuit le mémo de la ligue nous avisant des changements à considérer. Le lendemain matin, j'ai avisé l'agent de Scott Gomez que c'était terminé pour son client.''

Basically, the day the agreement with the players was passed he received the list of changes to consider around midnight. The very next morning, he called Gomez to tell him he'd be bought out.

Bergevin doesn't **** around :laugh:

this is turning into a homo board.

I'm sure you too would blush like a little girly if you met Marc. Who wouldn't??

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah

Like OEL?..

Some of the other GMs you mention have no cap space, that's why it's taking longer.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad