GDT: "Our football teams are better" - Edmonton Oilers v.s. Carolina Hurricanes 7PM, EST.

Status
Not open for further replies.

orbiter11

Sep 11, 2014
I mean at this stage Keep Hall, Mcdavid and maybe Draisaitl. Would it really matter if you turned the entire rest of the team over? You cant win without balance in your lineup. I think the Oilers are taking this total rebuild thing to a whole new level. Why would you be afraid to move any player other then Hall and Mcdavid. Example I predict the Turris would be a more valuable player to the Oilers then Nuge even if he got less points. Maybe Chiarelli will do something about this?

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015
Puck movement on PP horrible Eberle hangs on to it till Cane players surrond him forcing puck away.

molsonmuscle360

Jan 25, 2009
Ft. McMurray Ab
that ref has the most punchable face I have ever seen.

Why is some kid in his 20's an NHL ref anyways?

This is the issue with NHL reffing actually. Some of the best refs in hockey are youngish 20-29 year old guys reffing down in the WHL and over in Europe. The NHL is such a tough league to break into for a ref because you basically have to kill someone to lose your job.

SupremeTeam16

5-14-6-1
May 31, 2013
Baker’s Bay
The whole team should just be absolutely ashamed of themselves after tonights effort.

No effort combined with terrible execution equals getting embarrassed by another bottom dweller.

sepHF

Patreeky
Feb 12, 2010
this team plays with no passion. I miss the late 90's early 2000's Oilers so much.

sepHF

Patreeky
Feb 12, 2010
This is the issue with NHL reffing actually. Some of the best refs in hockey are youngish 20-29 year old guys reffing down in the WHL and over in Europe. The NHL is such a tough league to break into for a ref because you basically have to kill someone to lose your job.

This Linesman got hired at 27... pretty impressive actually.

Eskie Jetski

Jun 25, 2004
Anyone know if there's tapes of 80s Leafs games out somewhere? Those probably at least have entertainment value and the odd Oilers game here and there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad