GDT: "Our football teams are better" - Edmonton Oilers v.s. Carolina Hurricanes 7PM, EST.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoldNewLettuce

Esquire
Dec 21, 2008
Canada
Can't wait to see what mcdavid can do in this godless clown league over a full season.

That ****ing oafish goober ref broke my heart!

TheRebuild

Bold as Boognish
Jun 12, 2014
Winter
I've noticed that whenever the Oilers play bad teams, they usually play worse. Also... when they play good teams, they also play bad. And mediocre teams as well. You get where I'm going with this.

Jul 16, 2013
Edmonton
Team motto this year.

6765723.jpg

harpoon

Dec 23, 2005
But it is visual.
Sure, you can identify instances and examples of progress with your eyes.
The problem is that your peabrain then extrapolates those visual signals wildly, creating unrealistic expectations based on what was really just isolated, incremental progress.
Then you start posting, "hey, I think we can get twelve to fifteen points on this upcoming roadtrip".
Then you feel disproportionately letdown when the team fails to meet your unrealistic expectations, created by those tiny visual clues.

Using "you" in the general sense of course ... ;)

sepHF

Patreeky
Feb 12, 2010
that ref has the most punchable face I have ever seen.

Why is some kid in his 20's an NHL ref anyways?

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Sure, you can identify instances and examples of progress with your eyes.
The problem is that your peabrain then extrapolates those visual signals wildly, creating unrealistic expectations based on what was really just isolated, incremental progress.
Then you start posting, "hey, I think we can get twelve to fifteen points on this upcoming roadtrip".
Then you feel disproportionately letdown when the team fails to meet your unrealistic expectations, created by those tiny visual clues.

Using "you" in the general sense of course ... ;)

I was at least hoping we would get out of the bottom five. Peabrain is right.

s7ark

RIP
Jul 3, 2003
Just a reminder to not talk about what has and hasn't been deleted on the main boards. thanks

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
Maybe they should trade RNH,Eberle, Hall, and Yakupov to shore up the defense and roll with McDavid, Draisaitl, and most likely Matthews/Chychrun. St Louis and Nashville are 2 of the top teams in the league and they are stacked on the blueline.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad