Proposal: Our defence is awful. Who can Tallon target?

Erick*

You know you've been a bad franchise when a portion of the fanbase is really upset that an average player, at best, was traded.

Android 16

Jun 23, 2011
Florida
People wanted Kulikov to be traded, yet complaining we're too slow on defense?

Answer: Trade one of our quicker defenseman. And expect that to fix the problem.

Wha?

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
i think we should keep campbell, gudbranson, and kulikov, build around them. i dont get the kulikov bashing, hes been one of our best D imo. his mix between skating ability and puck handling is very nice to have, he can pinch in, grabs pucks out of the air, skates the blue line well and isnt a "statue" (especially on pp), i personally think he has an extremellllly underrated one-timer (he just doesnt unleash it often), and think he has a nice shot overall. no he doesnt have a garrison one-timer but i think he can rip it nicely. the only thing is on the pp he wants to be a puck mover/distributer to the forwards down low, he doesnt take many shots himself, which isnt a bad thing necessarily, but i think he has the one-timer where he should maybe be more aggressive and shoot more, because i do believe in his shot. on a side note id like to set up gudbranson like we did with garrison on the pp's, he also has a strong one-timer.
on top of them, i like weaver, i have no issue with him. hes a veteran, been with the team for a couple seasons, good pk'er, and is veryyy cheap. hes an asset for us just because he's so cheap, as a 3rd pairing D, at that price, i have no issue with him. we just need 2 new D. i dont want kuba or jovo anymore. Campbell with Gudbranson longterm, Kulikov with a new D, and Weaver with a new D. trade kuba if you can (nmc i believe), buy out jovo in the offseason. we also have petrovic and matheson coming up in the not terribly distant future.

Howboutthempanthers

Thread killer.
Sponsor
Sep 11, 2012
Brow. County, Fl.
i think we should keep campbell, gudbranson, and kulikov, build around them. i dont get the kulikov bashing, hes been one of our best D imo. his mix between skating ability and puck handling is very nice to have, he can pinch in, grabs pucks out of the air, skates the blue line well and isnt a "statue" (especially on pp), i personally think he has an extremellllly underrated one-timer (he just doesnt unleash it often), and think he has a nice shot overall. no he doesnt have a garrison one-timer but i think he can rip it nicely. the only thing is on the pp he wants to be a puck mover/distributer to the forwards down low, he doesnt take many shots himself, which isnt a bad thing necessarily, but i think he has the one-timer where he should maybe be more aggressive and shoot more, because i do believe in his shot. on a side note id like to set up gudbranson like we did with garrison on the pp's, he also has a strong one-timer.
on top of them, i like weaver, i have no issue with him. hes a veteran, been with the team for a couple seasons, good pk'er, and is veryyy cheap. hes an asset for us just because he's so cheap, as a 3rd pairing D, at that price, i have no issue with him. we just need 2 new D. i dont want kuba or jovo anymore. Campbell with Gudbranson longterm, Kulikov with a new D, and Weaver with a new D. trade kuba if you can (nmc i believe), buy out jovo in the offseason. we also have petrovic and matheson coming up in the not terribly distant future.
This. Perfectly fits my thinking as well.

Boothinator

@MrBoothinator
Sep 19, 2009

Dont forget Robak..He should have a shot at cracking the lineup before Matheson

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad