Good, is simply not good enough!
Oct 17, 2010
Hoping...

Rielly Barrie
Muzzin Holl
Dermott Liljegren
Sandin UFA

Andersen
Hutchinson (if he continues to play well)

...these parings are not set in stone, it'll be dependent on the situation.

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
Just don't see how we're supposed to pay yet another player close to 10mil.

Also, Tavares contract will be bad enough in a couple years, not sure we need another albatross contract.

Is Pietrangelo the perfect fit? Of course. If you're gonna go all in and have a cup window of maybe 3 years, go for it. Dubas has already made many similar moves so why not..We just better win a damn cup.

It wouldn't be an easy cap fit. The blueline overall gets more expensive, so the cutting would have to come from up front with some promoting from within. I'm just intrigued by that situation for however long it exists - the much utilized captain of a top team that most recently won the Cup being currently without a contract going into next season.

A Cup with a manageable enough cap situation moving forward is obviously the dream scenario. If it has to be either/or though, the choice for me is simple. That said, guarantees are hard to come by.

Last edited:

Jeffrey Pedler

Mar 21, 2018
This is stupid to mark them as #6, #5; this is D, not F. NHL season is a very long season. They may run out of gas in mid-Feb. Don't understand why Leafs don't call them up now :huh::huh::huh:

Why would they run out of gas by February?The Leafs offseason training plan is designed
to get them through a full season.

Also there is nothing wrong with starting them out on the bottom pairing. If one of the other pairings isn't producing, Sandin-Liljegren can always receive more minutes. Their is nothing wrong with developing defensemen, like they do fowards. Starting a defenseman out on the third pairing, or a forward on the third line, won't stunt their development.

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019
What is Plan B if Pietrangelo doesn't work out? Would think Dubas & company would need to be thinking about that.

TakeTheBody

Jan 10, 2018
Orr- Baun

L. Robinson- Horton

Pronger- Sandin.

Maybe we should get thru this season first and hope Reilly wakes up along the way.

Reactions: Joel Ward

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
Trade Rielly for Manson plus pick or prospect whatever
Sign Pietrangelo
Sign Muzzy
Sign Dermott for 5 years or 4 years,
Promote both Lilly & Sandin
Holl

I would trade Rielly soon to extrude more value from the trade. Time to move a different direction on what we need in a number one classification defenseman.

Trade Rielly for Pietrangelo as long as he is signed to a extension works too.

Leaffan1991

Oct 22, 2016
Canada
We can only protect three in expansion.
I would like to bring back Muzzin but would also like a top RHD..

Northernguy10

May 26, 2013
Timmins Ontario
Mo ?

Dermy Holl

Sandman Lily
This is what I'd go with and the ? would be Pietrangelo...If Muzzin, Barrie and Ceci are off the books @ 11,250,00 (this years salaries combined) and Sandin and Liljegren are added @ 1,757,500 (next years salaries combined) that leaves approx. 9.5 mil to sign Pietrangelo. Yes that's putting a strain on our cap down the road by having another high salary guy in the fold but what the heck. Roll that dice !

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
This is what I'd go with and the ? would be Pietrangelo...If Muzzin, Barrie and Ceci are off the books @ 11,250,00 (this years salaries combined) and Sandin and Liljegren are added @ 1,757,500 (next years salaries combined) that leaves approx. 9.5 mil to sign Pietrangelo. Yes that's putting a strain on our cap down the road by having another high salary guy in the fold but what the heck. Roll that dice !
Too many kids all learning the ropes at the same time. We can't win 9-8 games all the time. Muzz is a MUST keep. But not for 5 years. 3 years ideal. 4 years MAX. and 2 more vet pro guys in late 20s who have been there done that. Petro would be amazing but can't see how the CAP works and even Petro MAX 5 years left in tank.
Rielly XXX
Muzz Holl
XXX Dermy
Sandin XXX
(still 2 kids with Dermy and Sandin but you shift them in and out of lineup)

sxvnert

Nov 23, 2015
Sign Pietrangelo
Sign Muzzy
Holl

I would trade Rielly soon to extrude more value from the trade. Time to move a different direction on what we need in a number one classification defenseman.

No doubt Dubas will consider this in the summer:

Muzzin Pietrangelo
Sandin Holl
Dermott Lili

Durrr

Sep 11, 2012
Sign Pietrangelo
Sign Muzzy
Holl

What about just not trading a D man because he doesn't fit your personal definition of a #1? You're allowed to have more then 1 good player.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
Anyone calling for Reilly to be traded has lost their mind. He's only 25 years old one year removed from a Norris calibre season! I get that leaf fans need a new defenseman to blame this year because Gardiner is gone but this is still ridiculous.

Reilly thrives with the right defensively responsible D partnering him. Maybe a guy like Holl can grow into that spot... here's hoping.

m1ker

Apr 11, 2014
Reilly thrives with the right defensively responsible D partnering him. Maybe a guy like Holl can grow into that spot... here's hoping.
Our #1 guy that's going to play most of the game needs to be reliable. Rielly doesn't bring that

shortfuze

Apr 23, 2007
toronto
rielly - savard
muzzin - holl ( toronto is thin on the right side)
dermott - liljigren
sandin rotates in and out of the line up. i personally dont think its a good idea to let 2 rookies play (sandin, lillijren) so much, as well as have Holl and Dermott playing. i think thats a big recipe for disaster, especially if they want to be a top team.

MyBudJT

Mar 5, 2018
Who are we moving for cap space to get AP27 here?

I'd love to see it here, my credit card for the Marner AP jersey purchases wouldnt though :nod:

Johnsson should be enough, but you could also flip Kerfoot as well.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Denmark vs Great Britain
    Denmark vs Great Britain
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Kazakhstan vs Germany
    Kazakhstan vs Germany
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $2,330.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: