Our Defence for next season

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
Our #1 guy that's going to play most of the game needs to be reliable. Rielly doesn't bring that

Personally, I don't find a need to define that certain players, must have certain attributes, to be considered our #1 guy, or something else... Rielly brings a good game, and excels beside someone who is strong defensively. What's important is if the team works best, not that we have square pegs, for every square hole, and round pegs, for every round hole... adapt, and make the pieces fit.

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019
Who are we moving for cap space to get AP27 here?

I'd love to see it here, my credit card for the Marner AP jersey purchases wouldnt though :nod:

Johnsson should be enough, but you could also flip Kerfoot as well.

Are we talking about an in season trade now? IF so, then salaries are roughly equal for the proposed trade, but I'd wonder if the Blues would risk their chances of a repeat by moving AP?

If AP hits free agency, he'll decide where he goes and there's no trades involved.

MyBudJT

Mar 5, 2018
Are we talking about an in season trade now? IF so, then salaries are roughly equal for the proposed trade, but I'd wonder if the Blues would risk their chances of a repeat by moving AP?

If AP hits free agency, he'll decide where he goes and there's no trades involved.

No, the OP was specifically asking what our defense was for next season.

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
Holl is very capable but the question remains whether he can maintain a high level of consistent, quality play throughout the season and post-season.

First 40 he is defensive find and puts up 13 points to boot.
Next 40 he can prove that he done it consistently over season.
Playoffs, he’s been there before with Marlies and if he stays this solid player the second half we have a find. I think we have a find that will maintain.

m1ker

Apr 11, 2014
Personally, I don't find a need to define that certain players, must have certain attributes, to be considered our #1 guy, or something else... Rielly brings a good game, and excels beside someone who is strong defensively. What's important is if the team works best, not that we have square pegs, for every square hole, and round pegs, for every round hole... adapt, and make the pieces fit.
Yeah true but when your salary cap is tight and you only have enough money to pay 1 guy top dollar, Rielly doesn’t strike enough categories for me. I rather spread the wealth or pay a guy that is a benefit to stay on the ice the whole game

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
I'd love to get Pietro, but it's not so realistic.

Reilly - Savard/Vatanen
Dermott - Holl
Sandin - Liljigren

That's only costing us $16 mil which allows us to grab a very good backup, and save some cash for Andersen/Reilly extensions.

Don't hate this

sxvnert

Nov 23, 2015
Rielly Barrie/Vat/Pietrangelo
Muzzin Holl
Sandin Lili

or

Rielly Barrie/Vat/Pietrangelo
Sandin RHD
Muzzin Holl

Trade Dermott + Lili for young RHD

Either way the D will be fixed once and for all next season. It will become the power house we've all been waiting for.

Duke16

Apr 14, 2015
Ontario
I wouldnt be surprised at all if some combo of Dermott, Holl, Sandin, and Liljegren make up the second and third pair.

Hopefully Rielly has a partner.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad