Our 1st line: Palat-Johnson-Kucherov

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
We have to think of a new nickname for Kucherov. Kuch sounds too much like a slang-term for a certain lady part.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I'm starting to think TKO is killing us. Or at least, keeping them together might be killing us. They've been our three best forwards all year long, but having all that talent clogged up on the same line, combined with Cooper's inability to find and/or stick with another good line (KFC) has left us way too easy to defend. We're a one line team with more than enough talent to make three scoring lines.

I think it's time to break them up for the sake of scoring depth. We can't keep rolling out TKO, two lines of puke, and a solid fourth line. I realize that TKO has won games for us, but we're a better team than we've shown so far. I think it's finally time to break them up for the sake of a more balanced attack. Keeping them together feels like we're putting all of our eggs in one basket, and if Montreal can shut them down, we have no chance.

Palat-Stamkos-Drouin (The Pipe Dream line)
Killorn-Johnson-Kucherov
Paquette-Filppula-Callahan
Morrow-Boyle-Brown

Coopers Gum

Extend Andrej Sustr
Mar 6, 2012
water spicket
I'm starting to think TKO is killing us. Or at least, keeping them together might be killing us. They've been our three best forwards all year long, but having all that talent clogged up on the same line, combined with Cooper's inability to find and/or stick with another good line (KFC) has left us way too easy to defend. We're a one line team with more than enough talent to make three scoring lines.

I think it's time to break them up for the sake of scoring depth. We can't keep rolling out TKO, two lines of puke, and a solid fourth line. I realize that TKO has won games for us, but we're a better team than we've shown so far. I think it's finally time to break them up for the sake of a more balanced attack. Keeping them together feels like we're putting all of our eggs in one basket, and if Montreal can shut them down, we have no chance.

I'm slowly coming around to this way of thinking as well. Can't hurt. Just try it for a few shifts.

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona
I say put Stamkos with Kucherov and Callahan/Killorn.
That line can be pretty good.
Palat will be good with anyone.

Killorn - Stamkos - Kucherov
Palat - Johnson - Drouin
Paquette - Filppula - Callahan
Morrow - Boyle - J.T. Brown

zeykshade

May 27, 2011
Tannhauser Gate

Palat - Johnson - Drouin

Seconded. Won't happen because it makes too much sense.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB

Palat - Johnson - Drouin

Yup, I like these ones too. We should never be putting Stamkos on the ice without a playmaker as long as Drouin and Kucherov are on the team. Palat-Johnson-Drouin has similar potential to TKO.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York

Palat - Johnson - Drouin

Would swap Killorn and Paquette. So we have a KFC line, and paquette can do the dirty work for Kucherov and Stamkos. While keeping most of TKO in tact. 4th line is more than fine.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Would swap Killorn and Paquette. So we have a KFC line, and paquette can do the dirty work for Kucherov and Stamkos. While keeping most of TKO in tact. 4th line is more than fine.

Paquette's not fast enough. Stamkos needs to be surrounded by speed. PFC isn't as good as KFC, but it would give us a strong third line while not sacrificing speed from Stamkos's wing.

Leonardo87

Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Paquette's not fast enough. Stamkos needs to be surrounded by speed. PFC isn't as good as KFC, but it would give us a strong third line while not sacrificing speed from Stamkos's wing.

The solution is sitting in the press box, but lets not get into that, lol.

Leonardo87

Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I think it's time to break the kids up.

Stamkos-Johnson-Kucherov
Palat-Filpulla-Callahan
Drouin-Boyle-Killorn
Morrow-Paquette-Brown

If Callahan cannot score with those line-mates, then I will have run out of excuses. :shakehead

Like to add what DFC said. TKO has been great but has killed this team from finding other lines with strong chemistry match-ups. There is KFC but that leaves Stamkos with Bottom 6 leftovers since Drouin is not getting the chance by Cooper now. I think one or two of TKO needs to separated, and think the result will be 3 strong scoring lines rather than just one dominant scoring line.

But Coop is Coop and he will not do this. If Flip and Killorn are still with Stamkos I am not even watching the game Tuesday. Not saying both goals they gave up was on them, but that 2nd one certainly was on the forwards. That line gets pinned down too easily in the defensive zone.

Cigar City

Apr 21, 2012
Tampa

Palat - Johnson - Drouin

WOWWWW those are insane!

Why would Cooper do something that makes sense, though? However, if we lose in game 6, I expect to see him break it up.

TheSchmidt

Dec 28, 2013
I agree that the TKO line should be broken for the sake of the team, but for trying to be realistic, I'll leave Drouin out of the top 9 (as much as he should be in it)

Palat-Flip-Stamkos
Killorn-Johnson-Kucherov
Pacquette-Boyle-Brown
Morrow-Names-Drouin

Scratch that bum Callahan.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad