Our 1st line: Palat-Johnson-Kucherov

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
Won't he be an RFA still? You usually don't have to pay THAT much to resign them as it's not an open market.

No way is Brown getting $2 million.

I love Bishop and don't think lightly of moving him, but you have to seriously entertain the notion to save some money. Hopefully Vasi makes the decision simple.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Won't he be an RFA still? You usually don't have to pay THAT much to resign them as it's not an open market.

No way is Brown getting $2 million.

I love Bishop and don't think lightly of moving him, but you have to seriously entertain the notion to save some money. Hopefully Vasi makes the decision simple.

He'll be an older RFA though, meaning we'll be buying UFA years, and that's usually pricey. It'll be too late for a bridge deal. His current deal is basically a bridge deal. I don't know about anyone else, but the kid has convinced me he's a legit star. And he'll be paid like one.

2020 Cup Champions

Formerly Sila v Kucherove
Nov 26, 2013
He'll be an older RFA though, meaning we'll be buying UFA years, and that's usually pricey. It'll be too late for a bridge deal. His current deal is basically a bridge deal. I don't know about anyone else, but the kid has convinced me he's a legit star. And he'll be paid like one.

Maybe Yzerman gets cute and frees up some cap, pays TJ big money for his remaining RFA years and then signs him to a proportionally lower max length UFA contract.

I know I'm stretching here, b-but... it's got to be foretold in the Yzerplan.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
I trust the Yzerplan. We have Prospal's buyout coming off the books, as well as Gagner's retention. He's shown himself capable of making crafty cap moves (Trading Purcell for Gagner and then retaining Gagner to shave years and dollars off of what a potential buyout would be - moving Brewer, etc.). We'll be fine.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I trust the Yzerplan. We have Prospal's buyout coming off the books, as well as Gagner's retention. He's shown himself capable of making crafty cap moves (Trading Purcell for Gagner and then retaining Gagner to shave years and dollars off of what a potential buyout would be - moving Brewer, etc.). We'll be fine.

Yeah, that's the thing. We have money coming off the books too. We're going to be tight to the cap, but there will always be expendable pieces. Priority-wise, TKO is, for the time-being, top of the list. So I think if it comes to cutting salary, there are about a million options we'll turn to before we let one of these guys go, assuming they can recreate this year's success.

More 2004

Stamkos Apologist
May 3, 2004
Tampa
Yeah, that's the thing. We have money coming off the books too. We're going to be tight to the cap, but there will always be expendable pieces. Priority-wise, TKO is, for the time-being, top of the list. So I think if it comes to cutting salary, there are about a million options we'll turn to before we let one of these guys go, assuming they can recreate this year's success.

Yup, that's why drafting well is so important. Filling in the expendable guys with the next man up (Drouin, Koekkoek, Nesterov, Erne etc) cheap replacements that will most likely play well.

geoo9

Mar 15, 2013
rusland
In the Soviet hockey has existed a long tradition of creating and rally units and threes players. In the 1940s and 1950s. this trio were Eugene Babich, Vsevolod Bobrov Viktor Shuvalov in 1960 - Konstantin Loktev, Alexander Alexandrov Almetov and Benjamin; Boris Mayorov and Vyacheslav elders and Yevgeny Mayorov; Vladimir Vikulov,Victor Polupanov and Anatoly Firsov, in 1970 - Boris Mikhailov, Valery Kharlamov, Vladimir Petrov, who came to replace the Five Larionov [1].
Coach of the Soviet Union and CSKA Viktor Tikhonov began to draw up a three-hitter, first noticed the talented striker Sergei Makarov in Chelyabinsk "Tractor" and set it to CSKA.Vladimir Krutov, a powerful left winger, was discovered by Valery Kharlamov. Krutov - a graduate school CSKA.
Igor Larionov, a graduate school of the Resurrection "Khimik", discovered by Nicholas Epstein, joined them later
KLM (Krutov ? Larionov? Makarov) in its traditional composition began performing at the Canada Cup in 1981, when they were all on the 21-23 year. In this tournament they scored 22 points (11 + 11) in 7 games and became a key quintet team. This year the team won the Canada Cup, beating Team Canada in the finals with a score of 8: 1.At the Canada Cup in 1984 Five newly played a leading role in the team, scored 18 points (10 + 8) in 6 games, but lost to the Soviet Union in the semi-Canada in overtime 2: 3.
In a dramatic final of the Canada Cup in 1987 USSR team lost to the hosts of the tournament on the sum of three matches (6: 5, 5: 6, 5: 6).Link Larionov resist the strong trio of Team Canada, Michel Goulet - Wayne Gretzky - Mario Lemieux.
At the end of 1980x Tikhonov began to prepare to replace the top three Makarov - Larionov - Krutov new link - Grave - Fedorov - Bure, which, however, did not last long due to the departure of three players in the NHL.
Coach of the Soviet Union and CSKA Viktor Tikhonov began to draw up a three-hitter,first noticed the talented striker Sergei Makarov in Chelyabinsk "Tractor" and set it to CSKA.
Vladimir Krutov, a powerful left winger (PALAT), was discovered by Valery Kharlamov (TJ). Krutov(Kuch) - a graduate school CSKA.

PS -Wiki about KLM -did y see similarities?

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad