Ottawa's 20 goal scorers

LuckyPierre

Jul 1, 2010
Stone, Dzingel, and Hoffman have each hit 20 this season.

They share the same pedigree of being homegrown offensive wingers.

Interesting that they were drafted in the 5th round or beyond, and each spent at least two campaigns in the AHL.

It demonstrates that the organization can in fact show restraint and patience with skilled wingers.

This was in spite of a lack of high end skill forwards above Stone/Hoffman/Dzingel on depth charts while all three were coming up.

It seemed like the the roster was continuously lacking a skilled winger or two, yet management chose (correctly) to marinate their late round winger prospects in spite of their quick development curves after being drafted.

In a year of negatives for this organization, it's refreshing to see some philosophies pay dividends. Stone and Hoffman hitting 20 goals for the fourth consecutive time, and Dzingel joining them is certainly a small victory for the drafting and development side.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
can’t see it happening
unless its EK and hoff for draisaitl and nurse plus random pieces from each side to even out the trade
Hoffman could be traded in a deal that involved RNH.. there may be other pieces as you say.. there are a lot of options to get value back in a deal for Hoffman without making it a blockbuster

GoGoSens

Oct 27, 2017
I do not understand why people are so hell bent on trading a top 6 winger for an average 3rd liner in RNH seriously it makes no sense.

We already have Brown and White if were rebuilding lets play the kids instead of trading for RNH.

I would stay away from any trade with the Oilers I don't want the culture of losing spreading over to the Sens.

Reactions: NB613

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
Hoffman could be traded in a deal that involved RNH.. there may be other pieces as you say.. there are a lot of options to get value back in a deal for Hoffman without making it a blockbuster

Why the heck would we do that? I don't think we should be downgrading our position of weakness(winger) to get a weaker player in a position of strength(center). Doesn't make any sense.

TheBradyBunch

Dec 17, 2008
gets paid 5 mill. not over rated at all.. he is what he is. gets paid as such, gets treated as such

Hoffman is fairly paid, if not underpaid. Some people do overrate him, though, because he's just unreal when he's on. When he's off, he's fine... but he's had stretches of 1 goal in ~20 games, a few with 1-2 goals in ~10-15... basically he has at least 20 games per year, mostly consecutively, where he scores at a 5-10 goal pace. He's never bad but there definitely are stretches where he doesnt bring enough.

If he could cut down on the streakiness, he would easily be a 35 goal guy. Mark Stone is a good example - his "high end" has been basically the same since his rookie year, but he's become more much consistent over the years.

Reactions: DanyHeatley

DanyHeatley

Dec 6, 2016
gets paid 5 mill. not over rated at all.. he is what he is. gets paid as such, gets treated as such

name one game where the commentator doesn’t comment on hoffman’s shot and how it’s apparently “one of the best in the league” not hating on the guy... he’s a talented player just a BIT overrated i think. unless of course he lives up to it and actually scores 30+ goals

Found Melnyk

since when was the conversation about his money/contract or $$ worth? i was commenting on his goals and production.

Last edited:

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Hoffman is fairly paid, if not underpaid. Some people do overrate him, though, because he's just unreal when he's on. When he's off, he's fine... but he's had stretches of 1 goal in ~20 games, a few with 1-2 goals in ~10-15... basically he has at least 20 games per year, mostly consecutively, where he scores at a 5-10 goal pace. He's never bad but there definitely are stretches where he doesnt bring enough.

If he could cut down on the streakiness, he would easily be a 35 goal guy. Mark Stone is a good example - his "high end" has been basically the same since his rookie year, but he's become more much consistent over the years.
But if he was consistent he would no longe the what he is. He would be more. And paid more. Some players are what they are and it’s fine. Hoffman for me personally is one of those guys

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
name one game where the commentator doesn’t comment on hoffman’s shot and how it’s apparently “one of the best in the league” not hating on the guy... he’s a talented player just a BIT overrated i think. unless of course he lives up to it and actually scores 30+ goals

since when was the conversation about his money/contract or $$ worth? i was commenting on his goals and production.
WHAT does he have to live up to though? His contract? He does. You’ve seem to set some standard for him that maybe he just can’t reach on this team.

tony d

Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
I'm hearing this Hoffman for RNH rumor as well. The Nuge would be good here but Edmonton better be adding if they want Hoffman. I think Duchene gets 20 for the team as well.

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
I'm hearing this Hoffman for RNH rumor as well. The Nuge would be good here but Edmonton better be adding if they want Hoffman. I think Duchene gets 20 for the team as well.

That would be an awful deal for us.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad