Pre-Game Talk: Ottawa @ Washington | 7pm, TSN | Karlssons Returns!!!! Playoff Clinch?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sens613

Apr 12, 2012
Totally off topic , but for those who like to go out for the game, my buddies brought me to The Lodge on merivale for the penguins game. Good tvs Good food HOT servers and fairly cheap. Just throwing it out there.

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
Totally off topic , but for those who like to go out for the game, my buddies brought me to The Lodge on merivale for the penguins game. Good tvs Good food HOT servers and fairly cheap. Just throwing it out there.

Whereabouts is this located, i used to live in that area and i don't remember any really good sports bars on merrivale, is it new?

sens613

Apr 12, 2012
Ya it opened I believe start of april. It is where gracie O'maleys use to be. Whole place has been gutted , it went from dive to bar to clean higher end up. Granted all I had was calamari and a burger but it was well beyond pub standards. I just have had a hard time finding good spots to watch hockey in Ottawa, so hopefully this will help anyone else who Loves Hockeys , Beer , Girls and Food.

FlapjackSilver

Dec 15, 2010
Calgary
Whereabouts is this located, i used to live in that area and i don't remember any really good sports bars on merrivale, is it new?

The lodge used to be Gracie's. it shut down, reopened under a new name, menu, etc. apparently it's more "upscale" and overpriced. But I haven't been since they reopened.

Stone Valley

A State of Trance
Jan 19, 2010
Ottawa
www.youtube.com
No more clearer than this, we just need a bloody win. Not a bloody win, just a win, but if it has to be bloody, then bloody win! Just WIN!!!!!!!!!!! Cannot rely on the Jets to lose, to be honest I would rather Ottawa win their last 3 games, Winnipeg wins tonight, and Rangers lose the rest of their games.

mat_sens

@mat_sens #lalala
Jan 22, 2007
Ottawa
Conacher-Turris-Michalek,
Greening-Smith-Alfredsson,
Condra-Zibanejad-Silfverberg,
Latendresse-Pageau-Neil

Méthot-Karlsson,
Cowen-Gonchar,
Phillips-Gryba

FlapjackSilver

Dec 15, 2010
Calgary
From what I heard someone got hit by a bus after leaving the bar extremely drunk. Anyone know if that is the actual reason it got shut down?

Nah, well, at least that's not what I heard. I used to be tight with someone in-the-know... and apparently the owner just didn't pay his bills.

Lenny the Lynx

Sep 20, 2008
ON
I'm really happy they are taking Wiercioch out instead of Gryba.
Love the season PW has had but he could use a break. I'm a huge Gryba fan particularly against the Caps

ATdaisuki

Dec 4, 2012
Ottawa
Have to think the guys will bring their A game tonight with Karlsson back in the lineup.

or they may just give the puck to karlsson and slack off on the breakout. that's how we used to get out of the zone - give the puck to karlsson. now that he's back, the guys will most likely get lazy and we'll lose the rest of our games. the players then want karlsson to do everything for them in the off-season too, because that makes things easier for them as well. our entire team comes back in latendresse shape, but since karlsson had to do all the training for them, he becomes the incredible karlsson and we win the cup because he's that damn good. we win multiple cups with pretty much only karlsson playing, as the rest of the team has degenerated into blobs that sit on the ice, melting it (this causes the other team to fall over from skating on bad ice and also puts up obstacles for the opposition. they mostly sit in front of our net so the other team can't score). karlsson averages 65 minutes of ice time a game, wins the scoring race every year, but doesn't win any norris trophies because he's too good at offense which means can't play defense. he also fails to get into the hall of fame for the same reason.

just trying to be realistic.
i would like to use the excuse "i was intoxicated while making this post", but i don't take anything. this is AT being reality.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad