Post-Game Talk: Ottawa VS Boston

SenatorArmy*

still a nice goal though..all downhill after that for Marchand...looked like when he was going off after getting hit by the puck...the player opened the bench & they wouldnt' even look at him

Tundraman

ModerationIsKey
Feb 13, 2010
North
Marchand's goal was all Greening not playing him hard and letting him get that killer shot off, easily.

But then he doesn't get a helper on Neil's very important goal and he was the one who pressured the puck carrier. Sometimes things even out. No doubt he's underperformed this season but I noticed Greening was a lot tougher in the puck battles and it looked like he won more than he lost.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
That first was so bad I turned the game off. Had schoolwork to get done.

You missed a great comeback. Neil scored within the last minute of the 1st period, which completely changed the momentum of the game. They played a good second period, but the third period is where they dominated by scoring 3 more goals to win the game.

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
great win...! Lehner shoulda started :sarcasm:

once again our top guys delivered, seems the only way we can win.
weird to see a team do more crazy give aways than us. but alot of credit to our defence cuz im including those steals.

so we have only dropped one point against our division so far?

ChocolateLeclaire

Jan 12, 2010
Ottawa, Canada
andy cheering after Ryan's goal

inIwDl0jDgp7L.gif

For all you misguided Andy haters, here's more proof about how he cares about his team. Guy looked so happy with the win. Hopefully, the confidence here will get him on a roll.

Start Andy on Sunday.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
great win...! Lehner shoulda started :sarcasm:

once again our top guys delivered, seems the only way we can win.
weird to see a team do more crazy give aways than us. but alot of credit to our defence cuz im including those steals.

so we have only dropped one point against our division so far?

....isn't that the only way about 25 other teams in this league can win?

Again, great team win. Hopefully the guys take advantage of this momentum shift and ride it.

John Holmes*

Anderson cost us another game.

When will stupid Maclean learn and start Lehner.

Honestly, at this point, they should just waive Anderson.

Spezza sucks, should have traded him years ago. He's not a captain, he's never even been on a boat.

I couldn't help but agree with the Turris trade thread from two or so years ago, can't believe we overpaid by giving away Rundbland and a pick. WTF.

Silfverberg already has 33 points in 7 games in Anaheim, and our pick is going to be a lottery pick this year because our team is awful.

I can't believe they played Anderson.

Lehner.

Edit: Sorry, wrote this reply before the game, with the intention of using it as my post game analysis. I made the mistake of assuming we'd lose, and not looking at the score until after posting. Please ignore it, I do not know how to delete posts.

Don't quit your day job.

MiscBrah

Mar 16, 2012

Honestly, at this point, they should just waive Anderson.

Spezza sucks, should have traded him years ago. He's not a captain, he's never even been on a boat.

I couldn't help but agree with the Turris trade thread from two or so years ago, can't believe we overpaid by giving away Rundbland and a pick. WTF.

Silfverberg already has 33 points in 7 games in Anaheim, and our pick is going to be a lottery pick this year because our team is awful.

I can't believe they played Anderson.

Lehner.

Edit: Sorry, wrote this reply before the game, with the intention of using it as my post game analysis. I made the mistake of assuming we'd lose, and not looking at the score until after posting. Please ignore it, I do not know how to delete posts.

hahahahah love it! The funniest part is the "Lehner." at the end. Laughed hard, thanks.

Healfezza

Sep 9, 2008
Red Deer
I know it doesn't really "feel" like it, as we haven't exactly been dominant in the stretch, but Ottawa is 4-1-2 (10 of 14pts) in last 7.

The team really needs to start building on the positives.

SelleckStache

Mar 12, 2007
Ottawa
My favourite parts about the game :

Neil scores
Cowen scores
Anderson had a solid game
... Kassian wasn't just punching people

Crow was served up hot and often

mat_sens

@mat_sens #lalala
Jan 22, 2007
Ottawa
A big part of the poor play has been a lack of confidence. You saw both extremes yesterday.

But this team needs help up offensively (solid winger for Spezza) and defensively (top 4)

Healfezza

Sep 9, 2008
Red Deer
A big part of the poor play has been a lack of confidence. You saw both extremes yesterday.

But this team needs help up offensively (solid winger for Spezza) and defensively (top 4)

I think that the saddest thing is we knew we had these holes before the season started but chose to roll with the roster and hope someone stepped up to fill the void. It hasn't happened.

Topside

Jul 2, 2009

Trade for Byfuglien and get two birds stoned at once.

JK, please don't ever trade for Buff.

Here I Pageau Again

Jul 4, 2012
I know it doesn't really "feel" like it, as we haven't exactly been dominant in the stretch, but Ottawa is 4-1-2 (10 of 14pts) in last 7.

The team really needs to start building on the positives.

And aren't they 7-1-1 against eastern teams? I know the Sens need to be great against western teams to go anywhere IN THE PLAYOFFS, but having a record that good against Eastern teams does look good.

But yeah, it really doesn't feel like it! Despite playing horrific hockey, they have kept a bubble playoff spot.

GrantLemons

Church of FYOUS
Feb 3, 2013
Ottawa, ON
Great game, and a packed house. Place was dead until Neiler sniped. That goal got the team and the building into it.

First period was brutal, and appeared to be going to way of the Philly game. To the boys credit they came out and played possibly the best two periods of the entire season. Just about everyone had a solid effort in the last two periods. No one stood out as being bad to me.

Ryan almost blew the lid off the place when he just missed on his chance right after his 4-2 goal. **** that would've been awesome.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada

Lehner.

You should really use the sarcasm icon in that context, if that was the plan. I don't know you as a poster at all and thought you were serious. When I understood you weren't, I stopped laughing.

well we've only lost in regulation once in the last 6 games

O ye, of little faith

7 games... 4-1-2

And the 2 "losses" were in the shootouts, so not really feeling like losing for the players. And this is good, because they win despite not playing their best. They proved several times already that they can win a game by playing good Sens hockey for 20-30 minutes. So as the season goes on, they could become dangerous if they develop more consistency and continue to fix technical issues.

I think that the saddest thing is we knew we had these holes before the season started but chose to roll with the roster and hope someone stepped up to fill the void. It hasn't happened.

Yes but Melnyk obviously doesn't want to go all in and spend to the cap. We have a deep and talented prospect pool. We have to keep spots for them to develop or we will end up losing many prospects for nothing (or not much)

And aren't they 7-1-1 against eastern teams? I know the Sens need to be great against western teams to go anywhere IN THE PLAYOFFS, but having a record that good against Eastern teams does look good.

I wouldn't call the Stanley Cup finals "nowhere in the playoffs"

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010

What are you talking about? The team picked up Ryan with the intention of playing him with Spezza, that was clearly a hole we thought we had filled. As for the top 4 defenceman, the hope was that one of Wiercioch or Cowen would fill the gap, or at least fill it by committee. That one they likely thought might require shoring up, but they had reasonable internal options that just didn't pan out.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Was this the 1st game where we got more Power plays than our opponent?

I think it may very well have been...

the-twilight-zone-intro-o.gif

Milan the God*

For all you misguided Andy haters, here's more proof about how he cares about his team. Guy looked so happy with the win. Hopefully, the confidence here will get him on a roll.

Start Andy on Sunday.

I've actually had the pleasure of meeting Andy three times and he's the most down-to-earth and humble guy on the Sens.

ZekeA

The Pride is Back...
Jan 13, 2009
Where the Cup is
I have always been amazed how Ottawa can play like crap one game, and then the very next game play terrific................

Still don't understand it guess I never will............

All part of the game of Hockey~~~!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not just Ottawa but all teams................................

Mercurial

#lalala
Oct 29, 2009
I have always been amazed how Ottawa can play like crap one game, and then the very next game play terrific................

Young teams will do that. Also some days you just feel better with more energy or enthusiasmm happens to all of us.

Here I Pageau Again

Jul 4, 2012
I wouldn't call the Stanley Cup finals "nowhere in the playoffs"

I more mean in this year, for the Sens to compete they need to play well against the best. They did that on Friday and against the Redwings, but beyond that, they really haven't shown they can compete with the best (mainly in the west).

To do well in the playoffs, I feel that the Sens need to be a better team. The team we are seeing currently, is not a team I feel will do well in the playoffs. But its still early, and the fact that the Sens have actually maintained a bubble playoff position is a positive to take away. The Sens can be A LOT better than they have been, and thankfully they are not sitting at the bottom of the standings.

take a peek

Mar 4, 2007
How are there are any complaints after this game?

Came back from 2-0 against the freakin Bruins...ya know the team they never beat, the team in our division, the team that never gives up third period leads, ever...the team so many have a hard-on for....Them.

It's also awesome to see haters and whiners get their **** fed to them (as someone else pointed out)...Anderson was really good, Coach with the right decision, Spezza was amazing, Neil scoring and their line looking really effective, Cowen scoring and generally playing pretty well, Karlsson was good and far better than his counterpart Chara.

Good win.

Nov 16, 2007
in your head

Re: Chara

He's always struggled when teams attack him with speed rather then trying to go at him physically which a lot of teams get side tracked trying to do. We seemed to put his physical dominance in the back of our minds and just went at him with skill and speed. Boston tries to draw you into a physical battle you will rarely win. You beat them with smarts and thats what we did.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad