Post-Game Talk: Ottawa VS Boston

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
I am so happy that we traded for ryan. I mean who would have thought that ryan would be currently leading the team in points and goals.

Not that hard to believe. I expected Spezza/Karlsson/Ryan to be identical in point production if Ryan clicked.

What's amazing to see is that Ryan is our leading scorer NOT on a line with Spezza.

Larionov

Feb 9, 2005
Ottawa, ON
I was at the game, and I was shocked at how invisible Chara was. Dude s usually such a presence, but tonight he was a passenger. So too was Iginla, but I thought that Chara's decline was more shocking...

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Conacher has always looked good with Spezza; suggested it since pre-season!

Anyway...Spezza put the team on his back and was a well deserved 1st star tonight. Monster in both ends of the ice and saved at least 1 sure goal while scoring the tying goal and then assisting on the game winner. Awesome game from the captain (and the rest of the team played well too in the 2nd and 3rd).

Oh, and ANDY!

Spezza is not only our best forward when healthy, he's also clearly our best player.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Not that hard to believe. I expected Spezza/Karlsson/Ryan to be identical in point production if Ryan clicked.

What's amazing to see is that Ryan is our leading scorer NOT on a line with Spezza.

Clearly not Murray. He missed the boat. :sarcasm:

Murray needs to re-sign him. I swear that if melnyk somehow hinders murray from re-signing him, i am going to quickly jump on the "send melnyk to mars" train.

sensrulz

Nov 12, 2009
Why did Maclean start Anderson and Kassian ? He has no idea what he's doing. Terrible game.
I don't believe the negativity in here, SENS beat one of the best teams in the east after being down 2-0 and peeps are still unhappy.:shakehead

Golden

Haven't we suffered enough?
May 3, 2007
So happy to see the Sens win especially against Boston at home. I don't care if it was a back to back for Boston or if some of the goals were "lucky", how can you not be happy with way the they played in the third?

Really hope Bobby is okay.

SenatorArmy*

It's too bad we had to be down by 2 goals before we started playing with some urgency. We were really bad at getting to pucks in the defensive end, or is Boston's forecheck really that good?? Slow start by Ottawa. It seems like it could be an easy fix if they could just get some consistency. Play hard always, not just when you're digging yourself out of a hole

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
19,500+ at the rink, was great fun! I was the guy drinking beer and cheering for the Sens. (that should narrow it down)

The first period looked painfully like the Philly game, but we played much better in the second and third. Boston inexplicably lost their composure in the third; maybe it was a combination of our more consistent forecheck and fatigue on their part. Rask also usually doesn't let in some of those goals, but I'll take it!

You could tell right from the start that Neil had an extra jump. He suddenly looked 3 yrs younger out there! We never know if these guys are playing through injuries, maybe that was the case with Neil and hopefully he can keep playing like this the rest of the season.

Spezza had a great game. He looked very calm and composed, made great plays in the offensive AND the defensive zone.

There was nothing Anderson could do on those two goals, and he made some great saves. I'm happy with the way McLean has handled the goalies actually. Do you prefer Paddock's "win and you're in" method? We know how that worked out. Let's enjoy having two great goalies, it's unprecedented with this franchise.

Karlsson looked timid out there today. Less assertive in his breakouts, pushed around and sometimes passive in the defensive zone. He'll bounce back next game.

Oh and I LOVED Boro's play. Played again a simple game, mistake-free, very tough on the opponent.

Poor Iginla, he's nowhere near the player he used to be. He's the weakest link on his line, and he missed a few good opportunities created by his linemates. And his usual bull in a china shop game was nowhere to be seen. Aging sucks.

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
I was at the game, and I was shocked at how invisible Chara was. Dude s usually such a presence, but tonight he was a passenger. So too was Iginla, but I thought that Chara's decline was more shocking...
Yup, agreed on both counts. The only times I noticed Chara was once on a great shot from the point, and then two doomed stretch passes from deep in his zone late in the game.

sensrulz

Nov 12, 2009
It's too bad we had to be down by 2 goals before we started playing with some urgency. We were really bad at getting to pucks in the defensive end, or is Boston's forecheck really that good?? Slow start by Ottawa. It seems like it could be an easy fix if they could just get some consistency. Play hard always, not just when you're digging yourself out of a hole
Young teams are going to be inconsistent and will learn to establish and hold a lead as they mature.
#pesky sens

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
Anderson cost us another game.

When will stupid Maclean learn and start Lehner.

Honestly, at this point, they should just waive Anderson.

Spezza sucks, should have traded him years ago. He's not a captain, he's never even been on a boat.

I couldn't help but agree with the Turris trade thread from two or so years ago, can't believe we overpaid by giving away Rundbland and a pick. WTF.

Silfverberg already has 33 points in 7 games in Anaheim, and our pick is going to be a lottery pick this year because our team is awful.

I can't believe they played Anderson.

Lehner.

Edit: Sorry, wrote this reply before the game, with the intention of using it as my post game analysis. I made the mistake of assuming we'd lose, and not looking at the score until after posting. Please ignore it, I do not know how to delete posts.

SenatorArmy*

Young teams are going to be inconsistent and will learn to establish and hold a lead as they mature.
#pesky sens

But last year when we were MUCH younger (injury call-ups) & MUCH more consistent. We played 60 minute hockey. That's the kind of consistency they've lacked this season, though I understand they are trying to find their identity a bit.

HavlatMach9

streamable 3rah1
Mar 17, 2011
Ottawa
andy cheering after Ryan's goal

inIwDl0jDgp7L.gif

sensrulz

Nov 12, 2009
But last year when we were MUCH younger (injury call-ups) & MUCH more consistent. We played 60 minute hockey. That's the kind of consistency they've lacked this season, though I understand they are trying to find their identity a bit.
We were not much younger last year as Benoit, Alfie, Gonch were on the team and according to the stats we are .2 years older this year than last as a team and are the 6th youngest compared to the 3rd youngest in the league last year

Answer

Dec 17, 2006
Edmonton
Marchand's goal was all Greening not playing him hard and letting him get that killer shot off, easily.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad