Pre-Game Talk: Ottawa @ Vancouver Tuesday Oct. 25 10:00 pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
A winnable game.

Hopefully this trip will get the goalies back on track, Ceci will start to play, and the forwards do something on the PP. You can se ethey are really trying hard to figure out what the system is, and it will take time...

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Lol I still am puzzled Ryan on that top line. I think they really wanna give Ryan a lot of chances with Brassard before demoting him. Expecting to see Dzingel the best player on that line as he's been our best forward this season.

I'd switch dzingel with Pyatt tho if I'm Boucher.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
Lol I still am puzzled Ryan on that top line. I think they really wanna give Ryan a lot of chances with Brassard before demoting him. Expecting to see Dzingel the best player on that line as he's been our best forward this season.

I'd switch dzingel with Pyatt tho if I'm Boucher.

shouldn't be too puzzling. Brassard and Ryan need a chance to gain chemistry and Boucher likes pairs.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
shouldn't be too puzzling. Brassard and Ryan need a chance to gain chemistry and Boucher likes pairs.

They also looked to be finding each other a fair bit in pre-season. Dzingel to me adds another dynamic to the line, and is who I wanted there all along. Also keeps Smith with Pageau which is nice. Not sure about Pyatt with Turris and Hoffman, or Stone on Pageau's line, but we'll be hard to line match, that's for sure.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Thoughts on Chabot. In junior he simply dominates, he has th puck all the time and never gets touched he is so smooth, so he isn't ever playing a game where he is battling and handling players that are bigger then him. Keeping him in the NHL at least he gets a feel for punishment and the speed of the game. In junior I'm not saying he won't develop, but he needs to develop how to handle big players going fast, not skating through th neutral zone. So I like him here.

Ottawa could also be going for a Hail Mary here like Rundblad. Maybe they have Chabot here hoping he gets a few nice hilites, looks like a million bucks and then they flip him for Lindholm or an impact player.

But I like that he is here. These kids play so much hockey from the time they are drafted, WJC, his team made the QMJHL finals, rookie camp - he's played enough hockey. Missing 20 junior games won't impact him at all.

And we might need him. Clearly we need his transition game.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009

Ryan has looked like Ryan.

Brassard hasn't been overly impressive. He looks like a Turris style, give and go type of the rush, his best season was with Zucharello who is a Turris type, maybe he should be playing with different players, but he has been very very quiet.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
They also looked to be finding each other a fair bit in pre-season. Dzingel to me adds another dynamic to the line, and is who I wanted there all along. Also keeps Smith with Pageau which is nice. Not sure about Pyatt with Turris and Hoffman, or Stone on Pageau's line, but we'll be hard to line match, that's for sure.

Smith Pageau Stone was the best line the sens had at any point last season if you take into account possession stats. Stone is at his most effective when his linemates play a strait line game. I think making it as simple as possible for him right now might be the best chance the sens have in getting him back on track. He is the only elite forward on this team if he isnt going this team is going no where.

Like Pyatt with Turris and Hoff too lots of speed there and he is responsible a good match for Hoffman.

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011
dzingel-brass-ryan
smith-pageau-stone
hoffman-turris-pyatt
puempel-kelly-neil

d stays the same

Absolutely love these forward lines. :yo:

Well, I'm not crazy about the 4th line but it's just a 4th line. All other three can score, have some speed and skill. Lines 2+3 could also be used in a defensive way. :popcorn:

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Chabot not in.

They're going drag on these 9 games, aren't they?

The more this drags on (being on the NHL team without playing games), yhe more it seems that this is solely about giving Chabot a taste of what pro training and practices are like, and not really about the games themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad