Pre-Game Talk: Ottawa @ Vancouver Tuesday Oct. 25 10:00 pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChelFan31

Mar 22, 2016
Man they gotta get this Chabot issue resolved. Can't have him simply sitting around. Hes not going to develop this way.

Why is it that Management can never learn from their mistakes and finally not rush their prospects into the Nhl, when clearly they're not ready. They need to stop trying to force feed the kid into the lineup and instead send him back.

I saw this from a mile away too. Ever since Randy Lee put pressure on Chabot to improve his play drastically from Dev camp, and called him out publicly, it was a sign that they had his name penciled in the lineup. This is why we would have been better off hiring an outside GM. This management group simply rushes our prospects, and deteriorates from their true long term potential. Such a short minded mentality.

FFS. Wake up Eugene. Bring someone in to supervise/ govern this Management group. Can we pls get a Julien Briesbois in a President of Hockey Ops role. Let Dorion report to him.

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
Man they gotta get this Chabot issue resolved. Can't have him simply sitting around. Hes not going to develop this way.

Why is it that Management can never learn from their mistakes and finally not rush their prospects into the Nhl, when clearly they're not ready. They need to stop trying to force feed the kid into the lineup and instead send him back.

I saw this from a mile away too. Ever since Randy Lee put pressure on Chabot to improve his play drastically from Dev camp, and called him out publicly, it was a sign that they had his name penciled in the lineup. This is why we would have been better off hiring an outside GM. This management group simply rushes our prospects, and deteriorates from their true long term potential. Such a short minded mentality.

FFS. Wake up Eugene. Bring someone in to supervise/ govern this Management group. Can we pls get a Julien Briesbois in a President of Hockey Ops role. Let Dorion report to him.

FWIW, Boucher said something to the effect of he's not going to throw Chabot in, which makes us worse, to simply ease him into the NHL. He is here to win hockey games.

I heard this on the radio this morning, unfortunately I don't have a link.

So ya, it's an upper management thing keeping him here.

On topic, I like late games. I don't go to bed until late anyway.

ChelFan31

Mar 22, 2016
FWIW, Boucher said something to the effect of he's not going to throw Chabot in, which makes us worse, to simply ease him into the NHL. He is here to win hockey games.

I heard this on the radio this morning, unfortunately I don't have a link.

So ya, it's an upper management thing keeping him here.

clearly. Probably also the reason they didn't sign that #5 defenceman in the offseason as they ALREADY allocated that roster spot to Chabot.

This management team never disappoints in overvaluing their own prospects. Do they ever learn???

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
stop overreacting and being dramatic.

Chabot will probably be up here for his 9 game stint to give him an idea about the speed of the NHL then eventually sent back down to the minors to continue development

Larionov

Feb 9, 2005
Ottawa, ON
I suspect that Chabot will be sent back eventually, which is happy news for Team Canada for the World Juniors. As referenced above, the club probably thinks that this is a useful apprenticeship for him, and that it really doesn't matter much if he misses the first month or so of a junior season where he will dominate anyway. It's such a shame that they can't send almost-ready 19 year old prospects to the AHL - to me, that's a hole in the CBA that they need to fix.

As for the game against the Canucks, this is a game we can and should win - no excuses. The Canucks have a popgun offense and are now showing signs of returning to earth after their better than expected start. Hopefully they play Miller, who like Craig Anderson is now starting to show definite signs of aging. Markstrom is a better goalie now, and hopefully we can light up Miller one more time before the Canucks figure out who their starter should be.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Our forwards need to step up ,and dominate .The loses we have had are not all on the goaltending and the defense:nod:

Back in Black

All Sports would be great if they were Hockey
Jan 30, 2012
In the Penalty Box
Man they gotta get this Chabot issue resolved. Can't have him simply sitting around. He's not going to develop this way.
Ya, sorry, I gotta agree with the other reply's to your statement. He's here for 9 games, and there is no rush to throw him in at all. He's developing other ways by seeing the speed up close and being in all their practices. He'll get plenty of time to develop the rest of the year, once they send him down.

11 Hours to go! :popcorn:

HavlatMach9

streamable 3rah1
Mar 17, 2011
Ottawa
Man they gotta get this Chabot issue resolved. Can't have him simply sitting around. Hes not going to develop this way
i think he'll benefit quite a bit in practice having to play against strong players and a fast pace. If you see progress at practice, then give him play time and otherwise send him back.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
IMO Boucher / Dorion are under pressure to win now.. with some of the issues we've seen with the team's D zone play among other things I do not believe Boucher believes Chabot to be part of the immediate solution. I think they will try to stay patient and look for spots to plug him in but there is no doubt in my mind he will be sent back.

IMO its hard to try to bring a rookie D into and give them minutes when there is so little stability around them to coach them up.

Erik Alfredsson

Beast Mode Cowboy!
Jan 14, 2012
We need a better showing from the top 6 tomorrow. When Tom Pyatt's been your best forward at the 5 game mark something is not right. I don't know if Stone is nursing something, but Hoffman, Ryan and Brassard have barely done anything so far and they need to step it up.

Samboni

Jan 26, 2014
We need a better showing from the top 6 tomorrow. When Tom Pyatt's been your best forward at the 5 game mark something is not right. I don't know if Stone is nursing something, but Hoffman, Ryan and Brassard have barely done anything so far and they need to step it up.

I dunno, it's like they haven’t figured out Boucher's system. They aren't gelling like we hoped.

Erik Alfredsson

Beast Mode Cowboy!
Jan 14, 2012
I dunno, it's like they haven’t figured out Boucher's system. They aren't gelling like we hoped.

I'm not panicking yet, I'm going to listen to Boucher when he says it'll take a while before the team is fully adjusted to the system. I'd still like to see more out of the top 6 however, our highest payed players need to be contributing more than they are, and it's going to be tough to win games when most of our scoring is coming from our bottom 6.

Senacus Maximus

Jun 5, 2011
Vancouver
I'll be at this game in the lower bowl behind the benches. Hoping for a good effort!

Never spent so much on a game before, I usually sit nosebleeds haha. The Sens only come to Vancouver once a year so gotta make it count.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010

It's been 5 games.

Cooper was 5-8-3 in his first 16 games as an NHL coach with Tbay which was actually a worse record than Boucher despite getting a competent goalie pretty much right off the bat, and went on to bring tbay to a 101 pts season the very next year. Takes time to get teams playing your system.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
IMO Boucher / Dorion are under pressure to win now.. with some of the issues we've seen with the team's D zone play among other things I do not believe Boucher believes Chabot to be part of the immediate solution. I think they will try to stay patient and look for spots to plug him in but there is no doubt in my mind he will be sent back.

IMO its hard to try to bring a rookie D into and give them minutes when there is so little stability around them to coach them up.

I think you hit the nail on the head re: "under pressure to win now". How else can the Zibby for Brassard trade be explained? I think the acquisition of Phaneuf can be explained by that pressure too. Getting into the playoffs to get additional revenue seems to be the goal. Unfortunately it means sacrificing some of the future. Phaneuf and Brassard are both going to degrade over the course of their contracts given their age. Zibby was going to improve and last longer than Brassard. I don't like those two moves as I was looking forward to a brighter future and willing to sacrifice some of the "today".

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
I'll be at this game in the lower bowl behind the benches. Hoping for a good effort!

Never spent so much on a game before, I usually sit nosebleeds haha. The Sens only come to Vancouver once a year so gotta make it count.

Usually nose=bleeds for me too. However, I remember going to a Canucks game many years ago and sat immediately behind the penalty box. It was a nice close-up view of the action near the box but I could not see the play at both ends of the ice. I like the higher up view so I can see the entire ice surface and the play at all times.

Anyway, Peter Stastny got a penalty and I got his autograph! :) I also got a warning from the ref not to talk to the players in the box! HaHa!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad