Proposal: Ottawa - Vancouver: trade of fan favourite players

TheBradyBunch

Dec 17, 2008
Anybody that thinks the Canucks can take on bad contracts does not understand their roster. They do not have cap space once you calculate in all the spending they need to do.

This is the classic line of thinking I see again and again and it's divorced from reality.

What in the world is Loui Eriksson????

I'm not saying the Nucks should do this trade but, again, it is not simply "taking on a bad contract". It is an incentivized swap of bad contracts.

Canadian Canuck

Hughes4Calder
Jul 30, 2013
Kamloops BC
Anybody that thinks the Canucks can take on bad contracts does not understand their roster. They do not have cap space once you calculate in all the spending they need to do.
Lmao we have tons of cap space have you seen capfrjendly? The only money we have to spend is on Baertschi, Virtanen+Stetcher

Canadian Canuck

Hughes4Calder
Jul 30, 2013
Kamloops BC
As others have said, Sens are losing a ton of salary and some cap space by swapping Ryan for Eriksson. Plus Eriksson can play anywhere in the lineup with his style of game.

Ryan+Chabot/Brown for Eriksson+Hutton?

Liver King

Jan 23, 2016
As others have said, Sens are losing a ton of salary and some cap space by swapping Ryan for Eriksson. Plus Eriksson can play anywhere in the lineup with his style of game.

that offer is such a laughable pile of trash for Ottawa

skyo

Benning Squad
Sep 22, 2013
CanucksCorner
canuckscorner.com
Eugene Melnyk would love that Eriksson' salary is only $1M next season after his $6M bonus is paid July 1st.
And his bonus / salary goes down each year after that, 4m / 1m, 3m / 1m, 1m / 3m.

Whereas Ryan's contract is steady at $2m bonus, 5.5m salary till 2022.

If the sens made that 2nd for 2019 when Vancouver host's the draft, that could be enticing.

Reactions: Canadian Canuck

50 in 07

Feb 10, 2016
How so? Ryan’s contract is trash. Much worse than Eriksson, Sens ownership need to shed salary and the difference is big. Eriksson can rebound and be a top 6 player.
Easy on the hyperbole. They're both awful contracts, Ryan's is worse. The difference is not a bluechip d or A+ forward prospect.

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
Lmao we have tons of cap space have you seen capfrjendly? The only money we have to spend is on Baertschi, Virtanen+Stetcher
For a year or so, then it all disappears in a puff of smoke as Boeser starts asking $7-9m per and Pettersson the same or more. Canucks should not be looking at cap dumps longer than a 1 year, 2 max.

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008

You're not gonna find any Sens fans willing to give up Chabot and I doubt you'll find many willing to give up Brown. That being said I'd definitely move Chlapik in that type of deal and I would consider White as well. Throw in a pick on either side and I'd consider it a win for both sides.

Ryan + Chlapik + mid pick or prospect for Eriksson + Hutton

OR

Ryan + White for Eriksson + Hutton + mid pick/prospect

LickTheEnvelope

Time to Retool... again...
Dec 16, 2008
Vancouver

?

Signing current RFAs for about fair value I have the Canucks at the current for next 3 years:

18/19:
22 Roster Players Signed, $18 mil cap space

19/20:
20 Roster Players (Inc. Goldobin and Demko) Signed, $14 mil cap space

20/21:
16 Roster Players Signed, $23 Mil cap space ... need to sign Gaudette, Dahlen, Tanev, Juolevi and a backup goalie

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
We have no place for Burrows on the roster with so many up and coming kids. Unless he snaps back into a top six role, without the Sedins, when he comes back. And no, we aren't about to bury the guy either. I'd love him back, but that time has passed. A 2nd for his contract is fine value, over the top even, though. It just doesn't make sense practically.

Ryan for Eriksson doesn't help us out. We still have an overpaid winger on the roster eating up a space. I haven't worked out the logistics, but if Ryan can still play in the top 6 for a few years, I'd be happy to take him and that contract....for a price. Eriksson for Ryan+ just shifts every thing around on our end and doesn't do anything for us unless the + is huge, and where we don't really have room for Ryan on top of our sad roster, I'd make room for the piece that would presumably be returned with him. Including Eriksson does nothing for us, and in fact would just hurt the return of taking a big bad contract.

THE Green Man

Dec 27, 2013
Narnia
You're not gonna find any Sens fans willing to give up Chabot and I doubt you'll find many willing to give up Brown. That being said I'd definitely move Chlapik in that type of deal and I would consider White as well. Throw in a pick on either side and I'd consider it a win for both sides.

Ryan + Chlapik + mid pick or prospect for Eriksson + Hutton

OR

Ryan + White for Eriksson + Hutton + mid pick/prospect
I actually like the premise of this deal, I like White as a player. What prospect would you be asking for back?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad