Confirmed with Link: Ottawa sends Zaitsev, '23 2nd, & '26 4th to Chicago for Future Considerations

BHawk21

Mar 21, 2022
Yes he was. Most players I don't like during the Q era was due to Q's overuse of said veteran player (Handzus overuse cost us a Cup in my opinion).
mehh he averaged 9 minutes a game in the LA series games they lost. He also get a double OT winner that series. Dont think that cost us the cup.

Last edited:

Putt Pirate

Dec 15, 2015
mehh he averaged 9 minutes a game in the LA series games they lost. He also get a double OT winner that series. Dont think that cost us the cup.
That is because he got hurt one game and played only 6 shifts/5mn one game. Most games he played a few more minutes than you state. And was slow, pathetic, and over used.

BHawk21

Mar 21, 2022
That is because he got hurt one game and played only 6 shifts/5mn one game. Most games he played a few more minutes than you state. And was slow, pathetic, and over used.
so he was hurt one of the 4 games they lost and played like 10 min a game the others. Not sure if they played Peter Regin a few more minutes a game they pull it out. but hell who knows.

Putt Pirate

Dec 15, 2015
so he was hurt one of the 4 games they lost and played like 10 min a game the others. Not sure if they played Peter Regin a few more minutes a game they pull it out. but hell who knows.
I have a pretty good memory of that series and he was exceptionally poor. So much he stood out how crap he was while Q trotted him out there. A stump could have skated better than him. Q loved his geriatrics lol!

Northernhawk

Feb 22, 2020
I’m impressed with the fact Zaitsev is a 3 minute a game PKer on a team that’s going naked 8th overall in PK
When it comes to defencemen I look at time on ice as a big component

Hawks defencemen for the 21st ranked PK ice time
JJohnson 2:11
CMurphy 2:07
SJones 2:02
JMcCabe 2:00
JTinordi 1:32
IPhillips 0:54
CJones 0:27
FRoos 0:18
ARegula 0:15
IMitchell 0:05

NZaitsev 3:03 on the 8th ranked PK
He’s 18th in ice time on PK of all defencemen in NHL this year, 16th last season
So he’s a penalty killer folks!

hockeydoug

May 26, 2012
I'm so excited.

Another 8 picks in the top 100.

How many players are going to fall through the cracks from 22 and the upcoming drafts? GMs don't like to leave their 2nds and 3rds unsigned and there's only so much TOI to go around

Here's to hoping Davidson packages a bunch of these to move up.

I like it better than Mrazek for 13 spots, but this all-in on picks thing is going to be a hot mess looking back in 4-6 years.

If it's a real rebuild without time constraints from ownership (like the overrated Stevie Y has), spread these assets out and take some players to develop and flip while they're still cost controlled.

What do I know? They never return my calls

Reactions: Space umpire

Northernhawk

Feb 22, 2020
I'm so excited.

Another 8 picks in the top 100.

How many players are going to fall through the cracks from 22 and the upcoming drafts? GMs don't like to leave their 2nds and 3rds unsigned and there's only so much TOI to go around

Here's to hoping Davidson packages a bunch of these to move up.

I like it better than Mrazek for 13 spots, but this all-in on picks thing is going to be a hot mess looking back in 4-6 years.

If it's a real rebuild without time constraints from ownership (like the overrated Stevie Y has), spread these assets out and take some players to develop and flip while they're still cost controlled.

What do I know? They never return my calls
Currently picking
4, 26, 36, 43, 58, 68, 93, 100, 132 and 196...with a little luck it’ll be #1 or #2 instead of 4

It’ll be 2 firsts, 2 seconds, 2 thirds, 2 fifths a sixth and a seventh

Is staff quo

And extra fourth from Ottawa

And that’s with a week of trades to go!

Let’s see what we could be getting at those picks right now...
4-RJohansen, ALarsson, GReinhart, SJones, SBennett, MMarner, JPulhujarvi in
26-
36-
43-
58-
68-
93-
100-

Ad

Upcoming events

• Lecce vs Udinese
    Lecce vs Udinese