Confirmed with Link: Ottawa sends Zaitsev, '23 2nd, & '26 4th to Chicago for Future Considerations

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
The Tank is back on boys!

Justvoair him with Mitchell or C.Jones.....plus trips tonte p-box!

Excellent for the Tank.

Now justctrade McCabecandxwe realky go down the Tank hole!

MileHighHawksFan

When the going gets tough, Hawks fly together!
Jan 16, 2012
Denver, CO
Didnt realize he’s a righty, guess we wont be seeing much more of mitchell getting manhandled till some D get traded. Maybe Murphy, prolly McCabe, but hopefully both.

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
So how bad is Zaitsev? Could he be flipped for anything next year with retention?

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
That's currently pick #42 for 2023 where Ottawa stands bow...

If Kd Can add more mid 2nds we can bundle some 2nds to move back up to mid 1st to late teens to get a target covet in too 20 for this draft..

Last edited:

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
So how bad is Zaitsev? Could he be flipped for anything next year with retention?
He's probably the worst player on the Sens, which is a bad team.

Of course they deploy him in top 4 minutes.

So as a bottom pairing D-man, that could alleviate some pressure and make things easier on him.

But he'll be 32 years old at next year's deadline. Even with retention that's 2.25M to add a bottom pairing defenseman? Playoff teams can find cheaper bodies.

I wouldn't expect to get anything for him.

Reactions: hawksrule

MicronMega

Jan 31, 2022
Toronto, NY
That's not just any 2nd round pick, but an early one. Top 50.

Mike Doneghey is gonna cook.
I agree 10000000% Top 50 pick to take on a warm body isn't a bad deal MD has shown that he can find talent and has a plan. I'll take this all day long. Plus we need RHD next year who can play and a contract to get to the floor. Good deal.

This has Moelgaard, Willander, But, Peddle, Bjarnason, Whalberg written all over it

Reactions: Drumman44

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad