GDT: Ottawa Senators vs. Dallas Stars - Nov. 3 @ 1pm - SNET-E, TSN1200

Status
Not open for further replies.

MainDotC

Depth Defenceman
Apr 29, 2007
Westerville, OH
Don't care about the loss. I'm more concerned with Andy.

Also, did anyone else hear robin drop two f-bombs?

Yeah, you could hear it in HD on GCL. He really has an attitude problem and he's not paying enough attention to the example set forth by the veterans on this team.

dingbatz

Apr 20, 2013
Disappointing loss. But we got a point. And there were stretches where we looked amazing tonight. I'm hoping that it's something they can build on. Glad to hear that Andy is okay.

HavlatMach9

streamable 3rah1
Mar 17, 2011
Ottawa
Guys don't fuss about the shootouts. Do well in shootout practice, and you'll be picked. I imagine the guys always picked are the best at it.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
This shootout loss is entirely on MacLean.

Michalek and Spezza have missed the last 6 of their attempts and he throws them on again against arguably best shootout goalie in the league.

R2010

May 23, 2011
Spezza with the suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuper slow outside deke, Lehtonen sees it before it happens.

Benn scores! crapcrapcrapcrapcrap.

Actually Spezza missed his target. He had Lethonen over the shoulder he just missed his spot. Everyone is ragging on our shootout lineups but I gotta be honest that as a goalie both Michalek and Ryan's moves are tough saves to make. Just need a bit more speed on a goalie like Lethonen and need to come down the middle more.

senators2007

May 21, 2007
except for 10 min in the first, ottawa actually played a decent game, this is good to see hopefully they build off of it and get a WIN next game

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
Gotta take a positive out of this game. Team looked a lot better.

Boro looked great. Cowen was much better outside of the 1st period. Spezza scoring again. Karlsson, MacArthur, Turris and Ryan continue to dominate. Smith was real good again.

Tundraman

ModerationIsKey
Feb 13, 2010
North
I am done with the nhl until they finally ****ing grow a brain and remove the shootouts. It is such a gimmick. Hockey is a TEAM game, not a skills competition.

They won't do it because it keeps more teams in the running and bums in the seats until later in the season

VVS

Nov 22, 2007
Ottawa, ON
I don't understand why it's the same players going to the shoot-out over and over.

Why don't we ever see Karlsson? Turris? MacArthur?

EK47

Feb 7, 2013
Karlsson looks better and better! I really hope Andy is OK.

Rocket of Russia

Needs more Tang
Mar 8, 2012
USA
Guys don't fuss about the shootouts. Do well in shootout practice, and you'll be picked. I imagine the guys always picked are the best at it.

This guy needs to stop using logic.

Shootout is better than a tie. I'll never understand all the hate it gets. It's not replacing overtime. It just gets rid of ties...with 6 one on one breakaways. The pains of being an NHL fan in 2013. After a game-tying goal with 10 seconds left with the tender pulled...oh the humanity!

Punchbowl

Apr 4, 2010
I am done with the nhl until they finally ****ing grow a brain and remove the shootouts. It is such a gimmick. Hockey is a TEAM game, not a skills competition.

Have fun watching soccer or something. Oh wait, they have shootouts too?

Nevermind, maybe football. Actually... a field-goal is kind of similar to the shoot-out since it's not really a 'team play' either.

Basketball sounds good. But what's with that free-throw? That's not a team play, it's pretty much a skills competition for the shooter. That's no good!

You know what's perfect? Baseball. The whole team is particip--wait, you're telling me only one player hits the ball at a time?

How dare hockey have an individual element to it, no other team sport does!

littleD

This guy needs to stop using logic.

Shootout is better than a tie. I'll never understand all the hate it gets. It's not replacing overtime. It just gets rid of ties...with 6 one on one breakaways. The pains of being an NHL fan in 2013. After a game-tying goal with 10 seconds left with the tender pulled...oh the humanity!

Shootout will never be better than a tie. Especially when add the stupidity that you get points for losing.

Slack

everything's fine?
Apr 27, 2012
This guy needs to stop using logic!

Shootout is better than a tie. I'll never understand all the hate it gets. It's not replacing overtime. It just gets rid of ties...with 6 one on one breakaways. Oh the pain to be an NHL fan in 2013!

Teams making/missing the playoffs due to an individual skills competition? You'll seriously never understand the hate? :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad