Ottawa Senators Regular Season MVP Poll

SilverSeven

Apr 16, 2007
Ottawa, Ontario
We're probably in a lottery position without Hammond or Stone too. It's a tough call. Even Turris has stepped up huge.

I dont think so. With Andy in net we may not be where we are now, but we aren't in a lottery position. This turnaround started with EK rounding back into one of the best players in the world.

Maybe you could say it is Methot. His return brought back the Norris Karlsson and he has been a freaking stud back there. Kinda unheralded.

alfie follower

Oct 16, 2013
ottawa
Id divide it almost into 4 groups:

The captain (Karlsson)
The Turris line (Michalek/MaC, Turris, Stone)
Goalies (Hammond/Anderson)
Energy line (Condra, Pageau, Lazar)

All could get votes, all big factors on how the historic run as taken place.

yeah, thought about that kind of poll, but I was waiting to see if we get in or not....

MiscBrah

Mar 16, 2012
I'm finding it really hard to isolate one player who really put the team on his back.

It's a toss-up between EK/Hammond/Stone/Turris at the moment.

EK has been great since Methot returning and he's the straw that stirs the Sens. Elevates our team on a daily basis and has more impact on the game than anyone else. Every big moment that I remember this year has always involved Karlsson either breaking up a play, passing the puck for the GWG, or doing it himself (Philly S/O winner).

Hammond, where would we be without this guy? His back to back shutouts against Anaheim and Los Angeles is what really started this run and he's given us a chance to win game in game out.

Stone, we haven't had a rookie come up this big for us since Alfie. Night in, night out he's been one of our best players or our best player. Tied for 2nd in points, +18, 6 GWG's, the S/O winner against Detroit, the OT against the Pens. He's a guy you can put on the ice and you just know he's going to get it done.

Turris, slow start to the year, but man did he turn it up in the 2nd half of the season. He's been winning more face-offs giving us more scoring opportunities and producing at all the right times. When our other centres have struggled, he's come up big for us.

I honestly can't pick.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Karlsson for sure

There's an argument to be made for Hammond but Karlsson was already playing exceedingly well in mid-December and while we weren't winning much still he was by far our best player and remains our best player at the moment

Jaromir Jagrbombs

Sep 24, 2010
Ottawa, ON
Tough choice for me between Karlsson and Hammond. Ended up going with Karlsson because I think this team with Karlsson and no Hammond >>> this team with Hammond and no Karlsson.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Hard to pick.

Karlsson has been amazing for a good 50-60 games this year.

Ryan had the team on his back for a good 40 games.

Turris has emerged at many key points this year.

Stone has been amazing the past 40 or so games.

Hoffman drove scoring for a long while when others went cold.

Andy kept the team in it in the first half of the season.

Hammond saved the team and brought in a great story in the last 2 months.

Methot brought Karlsson to a new level.

......how do you pick just one?

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
Hard to pick.

Karlsson has been amazing for a good 50-60 games this year.

Ryan had the team on his back for a good 40 games.

Turris has emerged at many key points this year.

Stone has been amazing the past 40 or so games.

Hoffman drove scoring for a long while when others went cold.

Andy kept the team in it in the first half of the season.

Hammond saved the team and brought in a great story in the last 2 months.

Methot brought Karlsson to a new level.

......how do you pick just one?

That's just it, various guys have been key contributors at different times. If I had to pick just one, I guess I'd go with Karlsson since he's been on fire the longest.

But really uo could go with any of those guys.

Karlsson2Turris*

Tough between Stone vs Karlsson, but:

Norris winner>Calder winner

so Karlsson

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
Hard one.

Anderson stopped the team from losing basically every game we got earlier in the season. Karlsson sucked early then turned it on. Hammond has played less then 25 g but those have been a great 25 games.

Ryan for about 25 games turned his line in to a legit number one line.

Ill go off the board and say David Cameron. Hammond doesnt put up good numbers with MacLean as coach and the young players and the good players dont get opportunity without him.

Methot is also an interesting pick too. There was a stark turn around when Cameron took over statistically showing we were outplaying teams way more then under maclean but when methot came backthose positive stats turned into a landslide

Nairbo

Nov 15, 2010
Mark Methot

Karlsson is our best player because of him. He was terrible with Phillips, but so would most players.

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
Karlsson is our best player no doubt. But he mostly has been great ever since Methot came back.

Hammond has carried us ever since he took over in goal. But he hasn't been playing the entire season.

Stone has been consistently good all year, no matter which line he was on. Early on it was the kid line, now it's with Turris. I voted for Stone. Future superstar.

Sens Rule

Sep 22, 2005
Karlsson without a doubt. Team is in a lottery position without him.

Agreed. Hammond deserves some kind of trophy for being Awesome and Hamburgily. Stone gets the Sens ROY or Forward of the year award.

Michalek, Ryan additionally were our best forward for periods. Methot has been so much of a difference maker since he came back.

But it is all about Karlsson. Karlsson is the straw that stirs the drink. Karlsson is among the best handful of players in the world. To start the season he was just one of the better D in the league and that seemed to not be that great... But it was still a high level of play. The last 40-50 games he is among the top handful of players in the world... Arguably the best.

MVP is the Captain.

UnHappyDude

Fire Dorion
Jan 11, 2011
How can it not be Hammond? He has been the most valuable player to the team because his aura righted the ship entirely.

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
How can it not be Hammond? He has been the most valuable player to the team because his aura righted the ship entirely.

Think of it this way. If your back puts up stunning numbers in a complete season is he the MVP? Hammond has played less then 25 game and has 17 wins well the sens overall have 41 wins. Hammond has had nothing to do with half the wins this year has

As many have said and shown in the Maclean thread the team was playing top ten quality under Cameron. Lehner was just playing terribly.

Sens Rule

Sep 22, 2005
Think of it this way. If your back puts up stunning numbers in a complete season is he the MVP? Hammond has played less then 25 game and has 17 wins well the sens overall have 41 wins. Hammond has had nothing to do with half the wins this year has

As many have said and shown in the Maclean thread the team was playing top ten quality under Cameron. Lehner was just playing terribly.

How often is your top D the guy who played the most minutes over any goalie? Pretty sure Karlsson has more minutes then Anderson. How often is a non-goalie the player who has the most minutes on a team? Rarely.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Unbelievably tough between Hammond and Karlsson.

Karlsson has had a legendary 2nd half. Hammond has been 18-1-2 and basically took us from bottom 5 to tied for playoff spot right now.

I'm gonna say if Hammond wins next two it's him. If not it's Karlsson.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad