Ottawa Senators Regular Season MVP Poll

mattsens

Jun 22, 2011
Ottawa
Still have to go with Karlsson even though it could easily be Hammond's or Stone's to take too

alfie follower

Oct 16, 2013
ottawa
I kinda wanted to add a Hammond/Anderson option, as I'm told Anderson was awesome in the first half of the season, but I didn't...

YouGotAStuGoing

Mar 26, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
There are so many legitimate options here: Hammond, who backstopped a historical run? Karlsson, who's on pace to get a second Norris while dictating the play every time he's on the ice? Stone, who equalized Alfredsson's rookie mark and stands a good chance of beating it? Anderson, without whom we wouldn't have won enough to even be in contention? Turris, who stepped up his game HUGE down the stretch?

I have to go with Hammond. But it's damn close between him and EK.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
It is Hammond for me. Yes Karlsson has been amazing, but we would not be where we are at without Hammond.

alfie follower

Oct 16, 2013
ottawa
Rick Nash won the Rangers MVP as per Rangers media votes, and the Players player MVP as voted by Rangers players today... which prompted this poll....

SlapJack

Scum bag Sens
Dec 6, 2010
For me I went with Karlsson, he drives the team. But it was hard not to click on Stone...

GreatStateofHockey

Oct 2, 2011
Why is everyone saying we'd be in a lottery position without Hammond, Karlsson or Stone? We are in a lottery position right now.

Anyways, without a doubt it's Karlsson. He's the guy who made the whole team click. Hammond was great for Like 8 or 9 games but has only been good or average since. Sens are just scoring a lot of goals.

Smash88

Mar 15, 2012
Ottawa
Our season definitely turned around when Hammond started, but outside of 1 or 2 games, I can't really say he was the MVP of any of those games.

He was very solid, but I feel the team really turned it up too.

The straw (player) that stirs that drink (team), has been Karlsson.

I'll go with Karlsson, but Hammond is a close second.

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
Why is everyone saying we'd be in a lottery position without Hammond, Karlsson or Stone? We are in a lottery position right now.

Anyways, without a doubt it's Karlsson. He's the guy who made the whole team click. Hammond was great for Like 8 or 9 games but has only been good or average since. Sens are just scoring a lot of goals.

Still using the old term of lottery position which would be top 5.

YouGotAStuGoing

Mar 26, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
Media: "At some point this year they [Pageau, Stone, etc] have been a healthy scratch. What have they done down the stretch when the games have mattered to become so important?"

Cameron: "Played good."

Love it.

KnuckChuckinTkachuk

Give'yer balls a tug
Jan 23, 2011
Id divide it almost into 4 groups:

The captain (Karlsson)
The Turris line (Michalek/MaC, Turris, Stone)
Goalies (Hammond/Anderson)
Energy line (Condra, Pageau, Lazar)

All could get votes, all big factors on how the historic run as taken place.

LynxBud

Nov 27, 2013
Gloucester
I love Karlsson and I think he is without a doubt our Most Valuable Player..

..however, without Hammond, we'd never be in the playoff hunt and people wouldn't even be considering Karlsson for the Norris right now.

So for THIS season, Hammond is the MVP for making this season so damn interesting and making our team one of the talking points among NHL analysts for the last while. Before he came in I was admittedly hoping Ottawa would finish low to get a solid player in such a deep draft. Seemed pointless to cheer on the Sens to win when we were so far down in the rankings.
I'd even admit that if we miss the playoffs, I'll still be disappointed as hell on missing out on the top 10 in this year's draft. Making the playoffs, even for a round, makes it worth it for me.

Regardless of Hammond's shakey games that he's had.. 18-1-2, there's something there.

Filatov2Kovalev2Bonk

Effortless sexy.
Jul 13, 2006
Cumberland
Hammond. If he doesn't play at a .930 SP% (Crazy numbers for a career AHLer) he doesn't give the team confidence and so on. It's all him.

If he plays at a .900 or .910 clip this team isn't close to a playoff spot.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad