Ottawa Senators Regular Season MVP Poll

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
If Hammond deserves it then Methot does as well and I don't think you can name a SEASON mvp on a guy that played 20 games thats just non sense.

Stone or Karlsson for me.

UnHappyDude

Fire Dorion
Jan 11, 2011
Think of it this way. If your back puts up stunning numbers in a complete season is he the MVP? Hammond has played less then 25 game and has 17 wins well the sens overall have 41 wins. Hammond has had nothing to do with half the wins this year has

As many have said and shown in the Maclean thread the team was playing top ten quality under Cameron. Lehner was just playing terribly.

I respect your position.

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
How often is your top D the guy who played the most minutes over any goalie? Pretty sure Karlsson has more minutes then Anderson. How often is a non-goalie the player who has the most minutes on a team? Rarely.

Good point

Sens Rule

Sep 22, 2005
Good point

And I would say that legit a goalie is the true MVP 50% of the time and should get the Hart and top D 25% of the time. G is key position. D is second most important. The true MVP is not usually a forward unless you are 99 or 66.

For some reason forwards almost i variably win the Hart. And forwards have a far easier time getting in the hhof. Don't get why but that is the way it is.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
I totally get that Hammond's run has been fantastic and his record is nothing short of amazing but I'm shocked at how many people would give him the season MVP after such a short number of games and here is the main reason why:

Anderson has played more games than Hammond and was amongst top 5 in the league in save % BEFORE his injury and that's behind a team that was not nearly as good as the team playing in front of Hammond. The problem I have with this situation is that Anderson has always been a very good goaltender for Ottawa, if not the best goaltender this franchise ever had (save a year of Hasek). Anderson is not responsible for the way the team plays in front of him and neither is Hammond. I think it's safe to say that the players love to play in front of Hammond but it looks like the total opposite whe playing in front of Andy. The point I want to bring is, Andy has played absolutely phenomenal hockey this season for us and we ALL know that without him in the beginning of the season there would not even be playoffs hopes at this point and the same applies to Hammond who has helped us in the last 20 games. Andy was literally, exquisitely, the only player that gave an effort night in, night out to give us a chance to win games for the first half of the season. Anderson has played as good, if not better than Hammond, for the first half of the season(.925 save % before injury on a very bad team is no short feat.) and yet nobody gives him the credit he deserves. To me this is beyond ridiculous. Does Michalek also deserve the MVP for his recent play in the last 20 games? I get that a goalie is important but a season MVP is not a player that gives you 20 starts, especially since the other goalie gave you more games and stellar play as well. Not his fault that the team doesn't play in front of him.

I guess that hockey is really just about what have you done for me lately, as in the last 20 games.

Last edited:

Indrew

Feb 6, 2007
Clarke MacArthur. He did us all a solid, risking his own health in the process.

It's Karlsson. When he is on his game, the team is competitive.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad