Value of: Ottawa Senators Fire Sale

CapnZin

Jul 20, 2017
Sweden
The two red “trade” boxes on the main menu of this forum is the start of the “fire sale”

SensFactor

Oct 25, 2008
Ottawa
I want Stone in Nashville for my second line RW, extended. So anyone not named: Arvidsson, Johansen, Forsberg, Fiala, Turris, Ekholm, Subban, Josi, Rinne and Saros are available along with all prospects and picks.
I want to see the Turris-Stone duo in Nashville.
Wish in one hand, shit in the other.. See which one fills up faster.

sens13

Mar 16, 2017
See you dont know anything

Bruins r deep unlike the sens. Thats they are down in the ahl

They would all get mins on sens

Senyshyn has almost the same # of goals so far as last season down at ahl. Zboril is stuck behind vet depth

Bruins can add a few 2nds sure

Good excuse. Sens would have rather have a 1st + recently drafted prospect.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Worthwhile for soon to be ufa plus a player coming back from AH injury?

There are risks for the Bruins or any club actually

Ok well someone will give up something decent for Stone. Pageau is coming off an injury so now he loses his value all of a sudden? That makes sense... He scored in his first game. Youre acting like Pageau is a throw in. He is only 26 we will just keep him then.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
See you dont know anything

Bruins r deep unlike the sens. Thats they are down in the ahl

They would all get mins on sens

Senyshyn has almost the same # of goals so far as last season down at ahl. Zboril is stuck behind vet depth

Bruins can add a few 2nds sure
The bruins forwards arent deep at all. Thats specifically why you are trying to make a deal.....

PredsHabs

Jul 9, 2013
Lyles,TN
What about this?

To Edmonton: Dzingel + Fiala + Ellis

To Ottawa: Edmonton 2019 1st + Nashville 2019 1st + Lucic (Cap Dump) + Puljujarvi + Nashville 2020 2nd(*becomes a first if we win cup this year or next)

To Nashville: Stone ( with agreement to sign long term like Turris) + Nurse

This gives Edmonton two wingers they desperately need plus a solid top 4 defenseman.

Ottawa gets a young winger and two firsts and a second* to kick off the rebuild.

Nashville adds Stone and Swaps Ellis for Nurse who could use a change of scenery and would benefit from playing with Josi, Subban, and Ekholm.

sens13

Mar 16, 2017
What about this?

To Ottawa: Edmonton 2019 1st + Nashville 2019 1st + Lucic (Cap Dump) + Puljujarvi + Nashville 2020 2nd(*becomes a first if we win cup this year or next)

This gives Edmonton two wingers they desperately need plus a solid top 4 defenseman.

Ottawa gets a young winger and two firsts and a second* to kick off the rebuild.

Nashville adds Stone and Swaps Ellis for Nurse who could use a change of scenery and would benefit from playing with Josi, Subban, and Ekholm.

wow. garbage for the sens.what did I just read? and how the f*** is edmonton getting ellis/dzingel/fiala for lucic (massive cup dump)/nurse/ and a first?

and otttawa trades an extended stone/dinzgel and just get's 2 picks and a massive dump. give your head a shake. your proposal is so stupid my eyes are bleeding from reading it. edmonton walks away like bandits, nashville does really well and sens get hosed.

also why is edm even involved? take them out of it.
if you want a fair deal it would be:

ott: nash 1st+ellis+fiala
nash; extended stone+dizngel

Last edited:

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
What about this?

Ottawa turns Dzingel and 30 games of Stone into

edm 1st
nash 1st
puljujarvi (former 4OA)
conditional 2nd

yeah i think they do that quite easily, even with lucic contract

sens13

Mar 16, 2017
Ottawa turns Dzingel and 30 games of Stone into

edm 1st
nash 1st
puljujarvi (former 4OA)
conditional 2nd

yeah i think they do that quite easily, even with lucic contract

you must have missed the part where stone is extended. you really think nash would give up ellis/fiala/1st for a rental stone +nurse?:laugh: and ellis was going to edm. even more funnier.

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
He'll be a 30 something goal scorer by the end of the year. A late first isn't unreasonable. A late second isn't much.

I agree that a late 2nd definitely won't get it done, all I am saying is a 1st is not guaranteed

But maybe a high 2nd +, or a conditional 2nd that turns into a 1st with team success or an extension + an ok prospect, or a young player with upside

Also dont think he is a lock to hit 30 goals but who knows, definitely possible

Eaves and Grabner are two comparable rentals (traded with 21 + 25 goals scored that year, Grabs hit 27 the year before) from the last few years although I think Dzingel has a bit more value not so so much more

TkachukNorris79

Jan 27, 2018
Wouldn't say Dzingel gets us a 1st guaranteed. But if a top team wants him, that might be the price. Obviously a 25-31 pick.

Me? I'd rather get an NHL-ready prospect for him, as the only thing Dorion is good at is scouting amateur prospects. Might be able to steal a good young defenseman.

Some names I'd target:

Carolina - McKeown/Fleury
Vegas - Hague
Calgary - Andersson/Kylington
Islanders - Wilde
Jackets - Carlsson
Edmonton - Bear
Buffalo - Guhle
Philly - Myers
Montreal - Juulsen/Brook
Winnipeg - Stanley
Dallas - Honka

I understand not all of these prospects are available. But Ottawa has plenty of forward prospects and not much on the back end, especially on the right side. So target these young guys who are waiting for their shot and will get one faster in Ottawa than anywhere else.

Roof Daddy

Apr 1, 2008
How about this offer for Stone (many of these players are involved for cap purposes)....

To OTT:
Talbot (UFA)
Benning (1 more year @ 1.9)
Spooner (1 more year @ 3.1)
Yamamoto
2019 1st
Cond 2020 2nd (if we extend Stone)

To EDM:
Nilsson (UFA)
Borowiecki (1 more year @ 1.2)
Stone (UFA)

The only undesirable element for the Sens (aside from losing Stone, but that seems destined at this point) is taking on Spooner next year. With that said, this is the only year he hasn't produced offensively and will be in a contract year next year. Could be a decent bet for a bounce back and be traded as a rental next year (possibly return a mid round pick).

Boro to Benning is more or less lateral, gives you a RHD with more offensive ability and younger for a steadier LHD at the cost of 700k extra.

Yamamoto has familiarity with Tkachuk from WJC (played on same line). Small, but has a good shot and plays every shift with a high motor.

1st is unprotected, so there's a chance it falls into a lottery pick, but even if Stone gets the Oil into the playoffs, it's probably 16-20th.

Conditional 2nd is just a bonus if it kicks in. Not like the Oil would be getting any discount (guessing Stone gets 8 mil per on 7 year deal).

Thoughts?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad