Proposal: Ottawa Senators Fire Sale

JungleBeat

Sep 10, 2016
Canada
:sens

This upcoming offseason I expect Pierre Dorion to make lots of moves to allow out younger players to get more opportunities with the big club. Below is a list of players that may be available - picks and prospects are wanted.

Cody Ceci
Mark Boroweicki
Alexander Burrows - Likely zero value.
Mike Hoffman
Bobby Ryan - Likely negative value.
Zach Smith
Tom Pyatt
Craig Anderson
Mike Condon

93gilmour93

Feb 27, 2010

This upcoming offseason I expect Pierre Dorion to make lots of moves to allow out younger players to get more opportunities with the big club. Below is a list of players that may be available - picks and prospects are wanted.

Cody Ceci
Mark Boroweicki
Mike Hoffman
Zach Smith
Tom Pyatt
Craig Anderson
Mike Condon
That would make one nice draft pick to Colorado

TkachukNorris79

Jan 27, 2018

Cody Ceci
Mark Boroweicki
Mike Hoffman
Zach Smith
Tom Pyatt
Craig Anderson
Mike Condon

Borowiecki played very well this year and although is still a bottom 6 guy in my eyes, would be a very tough guy to replace. He brings more than people think.

As much as I'd like to deal him before he signs an overpaid deal, Ceci isn't going anywhere this year. Ideally he goes to arbitration and we deal him next year, while drafting Boqvist/Dobson this year and pray they're ready next year.

Hoff is likely gone at the draft simply due to his cap hit and that his value is likely at its highest with 2 years left at 5.1 million. Should get a 1st and a very good prospect for him.

Doubt Anderson gets dealt. Bobby is likely but I just hope they don't pay too much to get rid of the cap it. He's actually decent when healthy. The rest is a good list. I might even add Pageau to that list, unfortunately.

ismelofhockey

Oct 22, 2017
That would make one nice draft pick to Colorado

Yes it would. The truth is, Dorion has stated the 4thOA should land an NHL ready player. That gives you all the insight you need on what Dorion's mindset is coming into next season. The Sens will be gunning for the playoffs.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia

Cody Ceci
Mark Boroweicki
Mike Hoffman
Zach Smith
Tom Pyatt
Craig Anderson
Mike Condon
Would Ottawa trade Karlsson to Montreal?

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
Way too much. No hurt in asking though

Montreal shouldn't be looking to add, but rebuild properly, and possibly sell off themselves.

Ottawa's price probably drops as the season goes by, "if" it looks as though they won't be able to resign EK. They need to get something back for him, though are justified in asking the moon right now.

Genuflexion

Aug 20, 2017
Eklund seems to think so, as well as Toronto. Can't see Montreal doing it though just because of the holes on their roster (3OA would have to be part of a package).
Eklund thinks a lot of things. In fact he seems to present every thought he has as a rumor

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Montreal shouldn't be looking to add, but rebuild properly, and possibly sell off themselves.

Ottawa's price probably drops as the season goes by, "if" it looks as though they won't be able to resign EK. They need to get something back for him, though are justified in asking the moon right now.
They won't rebuild. Takes too long and no guarantee at end. Islanders, 'Yotes been rebuilding forever. Oilers and Leafs been rebuilding for 12 years. Look for Habs to copy Bruins way

Duncstar

Sep 1, 2017
Ottawa

He will be traded before the season start if hes not resigning.

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
Eklund seems to think so, as well as Toronto. Can't see Montreal doing it though just because of the holes on their roster (3OA would have to be part of a package).
Eklund says Karlsson to TO? Whew....at least i don't have to worry about the Leafs spending huge assets for him now.

On topic, what's Ceci's value?

TkachukNorris79

Jan 27, 2018
Eklund says Karlsson to TO? Whew....at least i don't have to worry about the Leafs spending huge assets for him now.

Probably late 1st. I'd rather deal him for a cap/age comparable RFA forward. But probably late 1st/early 2nd. Trading him to Toronto could be a huge mistake though in my eyes. I think Babcock would make him a pretty darn good #3.

Duncstar

Sep 1, 2017
Ottawa

A 4/5 RHD whose young but struggles as a shutdown D (shouldn't be used as this but our team is dumb). Top 9 fwd, or top 6 but OTT adds slightly.

TeamRenzo

Jul 20, 2009
If the assets coming back to Ottawa were worthwhile, probably. Something around Drouin, Galch and 2018 1st would probably work.

Those aren't the right pieces coming back. MTL doesn't have the assets to acquire EK.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
Those aren't the right pieces coming back. MTL doesn't have the assets to acquire EK.

The Hyperbole is strong within this one. Maybe you'd prefer a young D back, but from a value perspective, Ottawa won't do better than that, should they have to move EK.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad