Pre-Game Talk: Ottawa Senators @ Chicago Blackhawks Oct. 29 (8 p.m. Eastern, 5 p.m. Pacific)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fandlauer

Apr 23, 2013
Ottawa unless it becomes a disaster
I'll give this one 4.5 out of 5 Peter Schaefer white flags.

WhiteFlag.gif

CanadianHockey

Smith - Alfie
Jul 3, 2009
Petawawa
twitter.com
Closed.

Pre-Game threads are okay, but there's no need to create a pre-game thread when:
a) There was a game today;
b) There is a Post-Game Thread for today's game;
c) The next game is a couple days away.

Will re-open tomorrow night.

Milan the God*

Playing a team on their second game of a back-to-back, possibly starting their backup goalie?

Yeah, we're gonna lose this one :laugh:

StefanW

Mar 13, 2013
Ottawa
www.storiesnumberstell.com
Tough call on which goalie to put in. Andy is our starter, which means he should play, plus he is from Chicago. On the other hand Lehner needs another start soon, and we are looking for ways to turn the team around.

My guess is Anderson against Chicago, and Lehner later on this week. But it is just a guess.

source

Jul 13, 2008
When was the last time the Leafs made the playoffs and the Sens didn't? 20 years ago?

mat_sens

@mat_sens #lalala
Jan 22, 2007
Ottawa
Tough call on which goalie to put in. Andy is our starter, which means he should play, plus he is from Chicago. On the other hand Lehner needs another start soon, and we are looking for ways to turn the team around.

My guess is Anderson against Chicago, and Lehner later on this week. But it is just a guess.

At this point, Lehner has a better save% and GAA than Andy. Anderson has been mediocre besides the Buffalo game. Give Lehner a shot in this one. Light a fire under Andersons butt to show him his job isn't safe.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
I feel like this game can be telling. I don't care as much if we win or lose but more about the effort tomorrow. After the meeting Spezza called things should turn around and light a bit of a fire.

At this point, Lehner has a better save% and GAA than Andy. Anderson has been mediocre besides the Buffalo game. Give Lehner a shot in this one. Light a fire under Andersons butt to show him his job isn't safe.

Lehner single-handedly lost us the Edmonton game.

blahblah3

Jan 8, 2010
I feel like this game can be telling. I don't care as much if we win or lose but more about the effort tomorrow. After the meeting Spezza called things should turn around and light a bit of a fire.

Oh yea? You were there? How do you know he didn't say "you know we only lost because the schedule was tough and we all know it was all Anderson fault."?

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Oh yea? You were there? How do you know he didn't say "you know we only lost because the schedule was tough and we all know it was all Anderson fault."?

I'm not really sure what this is. Can anyone help me out?

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012

Edmonton averages 3.9 goals against per game.

If we can only score one it's not Lehner's fault.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Edmonton averages 3.9 goals against per game.

If we can only score one it's not Lehner's fault.

Letting in two soft early goals really takes a lot of wind out of their proverbial sails. I agree they should have scored more goals though.

Here I Pageau Again

Jul 4, 2012
I have put my Sens car "dice" gloves back in my car. I had realized that when I bought my new car in September, they were missing. They are now back, and I hope I can return some luck to the Sens (as I got them the year the Sens got back to the playoffs). So go sens go! (yay for superstitions)

CanadianHockey

Smith - Alfie
Jul 3, 2009
Petawawa
twitter.com

Jesus Christ this is horrible analysis.

The team loses a game 3-1, with one of those goals on an empty net, and somehow it's entirely on the goalie?

Lehner bit against Eberle, who happens to be an incredible one-on-one player, and who burned Spezza badly to generate that very 2-on-1 scoring chance. I'm willing to give Lehner the benefit of the doubt on that one.

The second goal, Lehner's certainly more at fault. He loses track of the rebound and consequently can't get over in time to make the save. But again, Lehner isn't the only guy at fault. Methot completely blew his check by failing to tie up RNH as he rushed in to bury the rebound.

Moreover, where were the goals? The PP went 0-for-5, we didn't penetrate the slot, and we let a mediocre Oilers D clear damn near every rebound away from Dubnyk.

Lehner deserves some criticism, certainly. But it's disingenuous to blame that loss on him alone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad