Pre-Game Talk: Ottawa Senators @ Chicago Blackhawks Oct. 29 (8 p.m. Eastern, 5 p.m. Pacific)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flamingo

Nov 13, 2008
Ottawa
Spezza said the players agreed they just need to execute with confidence when clearing their zone. I don't think this is the time to make their credo, "Don't screw up." They don't need to grip their sticks too tightly at this point.

MiscBrah

Mar 16, 2012
The Sens can beat Chicago

IF THEY SHOW UP!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Drama

Feb 8, 2010
Ukraine
I feel like this game can be telling. I don't care as much if we win or lose but more about the effort tomorrow. After the meeting Spezza called things should turn around and light a bit of a fire.

Lehner single-handedly lost us the Edmonton game.

Wasn't this the second closed doors meeting this season... If the first one had an impact on 1 game does this mean we have to have a talk before every game.

MiscBrah

Mar 16, 2012
Wasn't this the second closed doors meeting this season... If the first one had an impact on 1 game does this mean we have to have a talk before every game.

I think they lose their effect once they become a regular thing. Unless this team is so fragile that they need to "talk it out" after every game.

Quo

Mar 22, 2012
Hamsterdam
Spezza said the players agreed they just need to execute with confidence when clearing their zone. I don't think this is the time to make their credo, "Don't screw up." They don't need to grip their sticks too tightly at this point.

That would mean clearing with confidence instead of like a bunch of nervous 16 year old's...wouldn't it?

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
not so scared of chicago. i predict a W....

.....for the senators
:sens

Drama

Feb 8, 2010
Ukraine
I think they lose their effect once they become a regular thing. Unless this team is so fragile that they need to "talk it out" after every game.

That's what I am scared of. On the other hand i have a really good feeling about Chicago. I think EK comes out big like he did last game but this time he brings us the win on his shoulders.

dennilfloss

Yes I love disco!
Jun 7, 2011
Ottawa
dennilfloss.blogspot.com
It's gonna be rough but we can win this!

bark.sized.jpg

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Looooooooooooool.

Funniest thing about you saying this is that Spezza was directly responsible for Eberle goal.

The irony is sweet in this one.

If that's what helps you think Lehner is the next generational goalie.

Don't worry, knowing that Anderson would have won us that game is a decent consolation prize.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010

I didn't hear about the first one, but hopefully this one brings the team around long-term and get some momentum going for us.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
If that's what helps you think Lehner is the next generational goalie.

Don't worry, knowing that Anderson would have won us that game is a decent consolation prize.

You have no clue whether anderson would have won us that game. He has let in his fair share of bad goals as well.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Neither goalie has been Vezina calibre yet this year, and with the team playing fast and loose with the puck all over the ice, it is ending up in our net.

Honestly, it's a good thing that we are getting punished for playing stupid with losses.

You can't win in the playoffs playing loosey-goosey.

Mac needs to right the ship, all the way through the line-up.

With Ottawa still finding their game, we're going against a lot of the top teams and it's quite a struggle because they make you pay for mistakes.

Ultimately though, I think it's a crucible and Ottawa will only play their best hockey when they figure they stuff out.

Rals

Apr 5, 2011
Ottawa
But at least with Lehner if you are losing you can Cheer for a goalie on player fight.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Neither goalie has been Vezina calibre yet this year, and with the team playing fast and loose with the puck all over the ice, it is ending up in our net.

Honestly, it's a good thing that we are getting punished for playing stupid with losses.

You can't win in the playoffs playing loosey-goosey.

Mac needs to right the ship, all the way through the line-up.

With Ottawa still finding their game, we're going against a lot of the top teams and it's quite a struggle because they make you pay for mistakes.

Ultimately though, I think it's a crucible and Ottawa will only play their best hockey when they figure they stuff out.

I agree, it's early in the season & it could turn out to be a good thing, a coaching moment when the coaches can emphasize things more with a club that's losing & listening than one that gets a big head. Novemebr is going to be a much easier month & they should improve dramatically, if they don't then we know this team simply isn't good enough & changes are coming. Still think all they need is another top six forward to add more scoring potential for this team to get to elite status & the defence to mature quickly.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Don't teams usually lose after player only meetings?

I think this is the second player only meeting. The first one came before the red wings game.

Anyways, shouldn't this thread be locked being that the game starts in 40 minutes?

pown

We are team
Oct 12, 2013
Ottawa
Andy will let 2 goals on 7 shots and get pulled, Lehner will have an amazing save% but still get a lost due to our pathetic effort, once again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad