GDT: ottawa senators at florida panthers - 7pm - tsn5/rds- two lower case tkachuks edition

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
That's a still-shot on an overtime swing, you can't play that man to man

OT is always going to be those types of plays, you can't cover or challenge guys like that 3-3 in your zone, or anywhere

As soon as that swing happens, coverage is blown, and it's no fault of the forwards for being beat. That's the way 3-3 works for better or for worse

you could see it coming from a mile off that they were gonna do the switch, like many teams do.

Brady just fell for it, and took himself out of the play.

and yea its 3 on 3 it happens. but everyone solely blaming korpisalo when the reality is that every senators players got played on that.

Reactions: Larionov

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
If this pass was so easy, why isn't the Panther player making it? It's a free goal because he'll get one shot and then likely multiple rebound attempts vs. trying to hit the top shelf.

Elite play by Lundell. Best players play mind games and that's what he did.

Korpisalo knows that if he's gonna make the save on the open pass tap in he has to already be moving in that direction.

Lundell knows that Korpisalo is thinking that, so he waits him out until he commits and fires a great shot in the hole.

They all got played.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
you could see it coming from a mile off that they were gonna do the switch, like many teams do.

and yea its 3 on 3 it happens. but everyone solely blaming korpisalo when the reality is that every senators players got played on that.
Not sure what to tell you

Reactions: bert

Answer

Dec 17, 2006
Edmonton

You think some braindead fans are going to listen to anything you have to say? They are too busy blaming the goalie, Dorion, DJ or anything except some of the players on the Team. As soon as you mentioned Brady, most of them probably covered their eyes and ears.

Ignorance is bliss! Let them stay in their happy place

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
What??? Why?

The team played two excellent road games in a row with Hamonic in the pressbox and stunk in games where they took out either of JBD or Brannstrom to get Hamonic in,

We already know Hamonic stinks, there's no next, he is a 7th Dman at this stage of his career and that alright.

I mean, if it's solely because you want Kubalik bench, I can understand, but just waive the guy at this point, send him to Belleville where I'm sure he'll light it up

Agreed Mick come on @bert what the hell take it back! Hammer plays as well as MC Hammer's relevance these days.
I think you guys are missing my point it's about competition to stay in the lineup. Creates accountability.

Does Hamonic stink more than Kubalik?... Maybe they get more out of him if Kubalik sits. Brannstrom has now been benched in 2 straight third periods they clearly don't trust him.

If Hamonic has a bad game he comes back out. Maybe he plays better. Who knows. This is the bottom of the lineup. The 4th line with a better player might be way more effective. These players barely move the needle but it can create a more competitive culture.

If the cap wasn't so mismanaged they could call players up but unfortunately they can't. So this is the solution to creating this type of competitive culture.

You think some braindead fans are going to listen to anything you have to say? They are too busy blaming the goalie, Dorion, DJ or anything except some of the players on the Team. As soon as you mentioned Brady, most of them probably covered their eyes and ears.

Bahahaha

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon

Think critically instead of relying on bias.

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
Think critically instead of relying on bias.

I mean not like Answer was ringing the alarm bells the whole time about how this team and some of its top players play to derision from everyone.

like he was right. not because I or anyone says but because of the standings over the last 3-4 years and even in future outlook.

so you can't call him biased for properly calling out how things were trending.

• Haha
Reactions: bert and BondraTime

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
I mean not like Answer was ringing the alarm bells the whole time about how this team and some of its top players play to derision from everyone.

like he was right. not because I or anyone says but because of the standings over the last 3-4 years and even in future outlook.

so you can't call him biased for properly calling out how things were trending.
It's not like they came in eloquently with their "braindead" comment and implying nothing but bias to anyone that disagreed. I think it's a lot more nuanced than you or they claim, but I don't think we need to get in to the overarching issues for the organization.

They come with one hot take after another and I think it's soft to come in calling people braindead and plugging their ears because they argued a play. Agree to disagree and walk away. If the majority disagrees with you and you feel piled on, so be it, that's just how it goes sometimes. Those are the times I usually start questioning my own conclusions.

Reactions: bert and Agent Zub

Answer

Dec 17, 2006
Edmonton
It's not like they came in eloquently with their "braindead" comment and implying nothing but bias to anyone that disagreed. I think it's a lot more nuanced than you or they claim, but I don't think we need to get in to the overarching issues for the organization.

They come with one hot take after another and I think it's soft to come in calling people braindead and plugging their ears because they argued a play. Agree to disagree and walk away. If the majority disagrees with you and you feel piled on, so be it, that's just how it goes sometimes. Those are the times I usually start questioning my own conclusions.

Why do you have an issue with me call some fans braindead for not agreeing with me? Isn't it how everyone else does it here on this board? I don't see you calling anyone out for taking personal shots at me when they don't agree with my takes?

I think it's soft of you for singling me out for the only fact that you also don't agree with me but you don't care to mention other posters (who agree with you) are taking personal shots against posters who you don't agree with

Personally, for the majority of the time all my post are directed towards the team and their play, I hardly quote posters and call them out for their takes that I don't agree with.

Knave

Mar 6, 2007
Ottawa

The goalie is a player on the team, champ.

Do you think we're several standard deviations worse than every other team in the league? That's the only other explanation for our performance. We're substantially worse than the rest of the league at defending or our goalies suck.

And once our goalies stop putting up .885 in a League of .900-.910 we can start evaluating our other players and figure out what else needs fixing.

Answer

Dec 17, 2006
Edmonton
The goalie is a player on the team, champ.

Do you think we're several standard deviations worse than every other team in the league? That's the only other explanation for our performance. We're substantially worse than the rest of the league at defending or our goalies suck.

And once our goalies stop putting up .885 in a League of .900-.910 we can start evaluating our other players and figure out what else needs fixing.

Nothing you said that I don't disagree with, neither I am defensing the goalie. But the defensive coverage on that play, and so many other countless plays are just as bad, if not more. At, least you can acknowledge that as well, if someone wants to points it out.

Some posters here act like criticizing the Team is a direct attack on them.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
Why do you have an issue with me call some fans braindead for not agreeing with me? Isn't it how everyone else does it here on this board? I don't see you calling anyone out for taking personal shots at me when they don't agree with my takes?

I think it's soft of you for singling me out for the only fact that you also don't agree with me but you don't care to mention other posters (who agree with you) are taking personal shots against posters who you don't agree with

Personally, for the majority of the time all my post are directed towards the team and their play, I hardly quote posters and call them out for their takes that I don't agree with.
I've taken issue with plenty of people here. I think you get called out in particular because of how hot your takes are. It can be hard to take people seriously when they slag the same players consistently, then are clearly in the minority trying to pin the blame on them for specific plays.

Answer

Dec 17, 2006
Edmonton
I've taken issue with plenty of people here. I think you get called out in particular because of how hot your takes are. It can be hard to take people seriously when they slag the same players consistently, then are clearly in the minority trying to pin the blame on them for specific plays.

Well there you go. Why would you take issue with a poster? It's their opinion, regardless being right or wrong. Also, a lot of it is subjective, anyway

What do you call a hot take? Calling out players for not doing their job is a hot take? And, I don't understand this notion of slag the same players consistently? There are only a handful of players on the Team so obviously you will hear the same names being called out over and over again. Now do we really need to explain why Brady's name comes up way more than Kelly's? Also, Chabot and Brady were also blamed on the goals, along with the goalie. So, basically everyone on the Ice was blamed. My personally did blame the goalie the most, a close second is Chabot with his defensive courage, and Brady also being out of position

Last edited:

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
Well there you go. Why would you take issue with a poster? It's their opinion, regardless being right or wrong. Also, a lot of it is subjective, anyway

What do you call a hot take? Calling out players for not doing their job is a hot take? And, I don't understand this notion of slag the same players consistently? There are only a handful of players on the Team so obviously you will hear the same names being called out over and over again. Now do we really need to explain why Brady's name comes up way more than Kelly's? Also, Chabot and Brady were also blamed on the goals, along with the goalie. So, basically everyone on the Ice was blamed. My personally did blame the goalie the most, a close second is Chabot with his defensive courage, and Brady also being out of position
It's not my business to tell you how to post, but if you're asking, yes, I think you have hot takes. Ones that clearly fly in the face of reason and are targeted at the same guys imo. On that play in particular, my opinion is the 3 defenders played it properly and the shooter found the only hole Korpisalo gave them.
Answer,

Your message (ottawa senators at florida panthers - 7pm - tsn5/rds- two lower case tkachuks edition) is in violation of our site rule against flaming.

Please do not make posts of this nature on our site. Your account may be limited until your warning points expire.

Please follow all site rules when posting in the future.

Thank you,
HF Staff

Their own moderator Picklenot does it all the time. No class for the mods on this Board lol
I think Mick is great. They engage a ton and is willing to argue every point they try to make or dispute. They're allowed to disagree or even argue being called biased with a similar response. I'm not sure that can be said about all of them, but micklebot seems pretty fair to me :dunno:

I see what you mean with that comment, but you said this that prompted that rebuttal. To me, you're throwing elbows first with that, basically implying they're just being biased. I know what it's like to be on that end of an argument where 10 people are demonstrating their analysis of the play while 1 or 2 disagree, but I don't think statements like this are looking for genuine discussion either. It's not "mental gymnastics", it's coming to a different conclusion, one that the majority agree with.

"so much mental gymnastics to justify the incredible defensive play that left 3 florida panthers unchallenged."

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
How can I imply picklenot to be biased when I don't even care to talk hockey with him since all he does is take personal shots or flags me on general hockey takes especially criticizing Brady, when I am not even talking to him

Now he got me an infractions for asking how is he even a mod who is always taking personal shot, ironically flagging me for taking personal shots at him. I guess having double standards is a perk being a moderator here
I couldn't possibly wade in to those instances specifically. All I can say is that my experience with them has always been positive, which it hasn't been with all mods. And the interactions I read that I don't get involved with seem cordial. They back up their points and don't just complain, then cut and run like some do. I've been registered here basically as long as you, and I feel like I have a pretty good pulse on what gets stuff deleted and what doesn't. Plenty of mine used to as well during the worst of the Melnyk days. I assume if those posts were deleted, there was some reason that was applied. Criticism is often valid, but it depends how it's communicated.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Hunh? Best team in the league, who they got smoked by and had a bunch of fights last game? In a loud building. If there's a game to get up for its this one. They did and they responded, I'm glad. Even with their goalie letting in the first shot of the game.

What I'm very happy to finally see is a coaching staff that shortens its bench based on merit. Who treats all players equally. If you aren't playing well you don't play. FINALLY. That is how you build a winning culture. That is accountability. I think when you see them bench players like Norris and Chabot you'll see what these guys are made of. Chabot responded which is massive. If guys sulk then you probably don't want them. Easy way to find out who to keep and who to move on from. This isn't D.J smith's fun house anymore. Next step bench Kubalik, move Brannstrom to lw and put in Hamonic. Someone else stinks they sit next.

Norris continues to play like a p***y willow move him to the 4th line. Give Kastelic some minutes he's going right now. It will be infectious.
Yeah the coaching changes are huge. Hard to build on a foundation of undisciplined irresponsible young players.
JM has really impressed. Exceeded expectations. Alfie deserves credit too (from what I can see and hear from over here)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad