GDT: Ottawa Senators at Detroit Red Wings - 7PM - SN/RDS - Free Breakfast at Hotel Yorba

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Debrincat looks better with a better center in Larkin. They mesh really well. He is on pace for 70+ points for their team. This contract is well worth it for them, Larkin is also a shooter so DBC has been able to be also a playmaker.

Would you rather have a player who can score and play make or just a scorer? I would easily swap out that DBC contract for Norris
Debrincat is scoring barely below what he did last year and he is trending down. Larkin is a great player but pretending Pinto and Batherson are no good linemates is absurd. I wouldnt trade either for Debrincat. So if he is the worst player on the line whos the one not getting the proper line mates?

Norris right now for Debrincat we could talk about frankly I wouldnt want either. However Norris pre injury I take him over Debrincat any day of the week he is way harder to play against. I dont know if Norris gets back to that but I am willing to wait before writing him off.

Reactions: LiseL

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
Debrincat is scoring barely below what he did last year and he is trending down. Larkin is a great player but pretending Pinto and Batherson are no good linemates is absurd. I wouldnt trade either for Debrincat. So if he is the worst player on the line whos the one not getting the proper line mates?

Norris right now for Debrincat we could talk about frankly I wouldnt want either. However Norris pre injury I take him over Debrincat any day of the week he is way harder to play against. I dont know if Norris gets back to that but I am willing to wait before writing him off.
DBC this year is absolutely more effective with Larkin than he was with Pinto.

That is not a slight against Pinto its just that Larkin is much better than Pinto. The Pinto line last year got caved in defensively with some terrible +/- players. That's not nearly the case this year for DBC

The Pinto line straight up didn't work last year.

Without taking into account contract I would say DBC is better than Batherson. Batherson may reach 70 points this year but lets see him actually do it consistently. Norris pre injury scored a ton on the PP but I would say DBC is more dynamic and provides better offensive skillsets especially when making plays. If Norris becomes a solid 2 way shutdown center who can provide some offense than may help us more but again we have yet to see that

There really is no need to crap on DBC. He is a good player who Ottawa got a late first rounder for while giving up a top 10 pick. It was a poor move all around for us

UglyPuckling

May 14, 2021
Random observations of this game and the last 10 games.

1. Martin has this team playing much better team D.

2. Goaltending has been better because of 1. above - no coincidence there.

3. Our PP has been ineffective. Some of these games could have been won in regulation if the PP was better.

4. Alfie/JM need to work with Stutzle to improve puck management. He's very talented but does turn the puck over trying to make fancy and/or needless passes versus making a safe play.

5. The 3rd pair of JBD & Brannstrom are an adventure. Got to hope Kleven whenever he gets inserted will improve the 3rd pairing.

6. Chabot's shots from the point tend to hit the shin pads and get blocked a lot.

7. Norris still not back to his level of play from before.

8. Another good top 4 RD would really help balance our D. Chabot and Chychrun would benefit from a different style of partner (assuming one isn't moved in the future).

9. 3rd and 4th lines have been more noticeable and have been making nice contributions.

10. Pinto is the real deal. Great to have him in the lineup.

11. Really hope Sanderson's injury is not serious.

BankStreetParade

Jan 22, 2013
Ottawa
Imagine thinking Stutzle fell on his own and Walman here was tripped

What were Wings fans saying about Stutzle? He falls down and looks at the refs to get a call???? f***ing outrageous that this was called tripping. If he had tripped him, he would have slid into the corner not into the half-wall. And Galley just absent-mindedly saying that Brady got the stick in the feet? What the f*** are you talking about bro? Get this guy off the air already, Jesus Christ. Pay out his contract to stay as far away from broadcasting games as possible.

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011
6-2-2 in last 10
14 out of possible 20 points.

We play at that pace the rest of the way and we end up with 89 points on the season. It's a big ask but there's a possibility that this group might get to play some "meaningful games" in March. LMAO.

Can't believe we're we're still in that head space but I'm pretty confident this is the last year for those kind of developmental goals. The team looks good out there for the last 10 games (minus one really weird stinker).

5f05b614-583a-4569-822c-75bdae458d17_text.gif

Last edited:
Mar 20, 2006
Ottawa
The thing about comparing Cat with Larkin vs Pinto is that Larkin is in his 9th full NHL season and Pinto was in his first last year and is learning. He should do better with a skilled and experienced player.

You can see the future with Pinto, but the Cat wanted to go back home.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
We play at that pace the rest of the way and we end up with 89 points on the season. It's a big ask but there's a possibility that this group might get to play some "meaningful games" in March. LMAO.

Can't believe we're we're still in that head space but I'm pretty confident this is the last year for those kind of developmental goals. The team looks good out there for the last 10 games (minus one really weird stinker).

5f05b614-583a-4569-822c-75bdae458d17_text.gif
We have 25 games left and 56, playing at a 6-2-2 pts rate of 14 pts per 10 games would be 15-5-5 for 35 pts and put us at 91 pts.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
It's safe to say that as we approach the All-Star break the Sens are not where they thought they would be in the standings at this point. While they have taken their fair share of lumps in the first 46 games they seem to have found their footing lately.

Tonights task won't be an easy one for the Sens as the Red Wings are one of the hottest teams of late with 15 points in their last ten games. Led by captain Dylan Larkin with 22 goals and 46 points and Alex DeBrincat with 18 and 43 of his own, the Red Wings have weapons in plenty. On the back end the Red Wings will be anchored by Alex Lyon tonight who is having a career season boasting career highs in goals against (2.49) and save percentage (0.924%).

Emotions are sure to be on everyones sleeve tonight after a fiery game the last time these two saw each other. Expect a hard hitting 60-minute battle tonight in Detroit.

View attachment 813318

View attachment 813319

I thought Larkin was dead! Did he rise from the grave?

• Haha
Reactions: AchtzehnBaby

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
???????????????????????????????????????????????

We have 35 games left and 42 points.
Sorry, the 91 pts part is still right, I accidentally double counted our last ten games and added it it to games played instead of subtracting to get the remaining record required.

35 games at a 6-2-2 pace is 49 pts, (21-7-7) for 49 pts, plus the 42 we have is 91.

Reactions: Alf Silfversson

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
As much of a cupcake DeBrincat was he was not shy about shooting on the PP.

Even if he missed it's hard for the defense to swivel around and deal with the puck down low.
Our players are treating him like a friend; they should be treating him as a mouse to be squashed at every opportunity!

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
If the Ottawa Senators could ever solve the Ottawa Senators, they could actually be good. They overthink way too much everything. Just play by instincts

I'm sure Alfie can do something for this abomination of a PP... so much talent, it's ridiculous

Not sure what Norris is doing on that side too. Combinations seem rough

JBD's pass was not great too and Korpi not able to save the day as usual
I am almost happy we have a ten day layoff over the All-Star Game break. I hope Jacques and the coaching staff can use it wisely to make more progress on retraining this team on how to play right in all 3 zones both with and without the puck.

Great hand eye.

This is how Kasty has to play.
Kasty has to play nasty!

Sorry, the 91 pts part is still right, I accidentally double counted our last ten games and added it it to games played instead of subtracting to get the remaining record required.

35 games at a 6-2-2 pace is 49 pts, (21-7-7) for 49 pts, plus the 42 we have is 91.
Minor brain malfunction; I get those more often nowadays!

Reactions: Micklebot

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
I am almost happy we have a ten day layoff over the All-Star Game break. I hope Jacques and the coaching staff can use it wisely to make more progress on retraining this team on how to play right in all 3 zones both with and without the puck.

yeah but Martin said have a good week of rest, they don't practice until next week on Thursday, unfortunately.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Does he even realize how shitty his play can be?
The coaches must be able to see this; however, I don't know if they are doing anything about it because it still happens far too often.

yeah but Martin said have a good week of rest, they don't practice until next week on Thursday, unfortunately.
I guess "rest is a weapon" is still a coaching strategy. :)

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014

Kasty has to play nasty!

Minor brain malfunction; I get those more often nowadays!
Practicing PP and PK would be probably help but hey....

Reactions: Cosmix

Nova Stutzlia

Oct 23, 2021

Is this layoff a combination the All-star break and the team's annual 5/6 day break?
If it is, I believe the team is not allowed to practice until 2(?) days before the 1st game back.

Reactions: Xspyrit

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011

I was thinking this last night and in my brain had us at 40 points still. My bad.

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
This team in a good, structured, well coached system can go on some heavy winning streaks imo. There's a lot of talent and our record when our top 3 C are all playing is amazing.

Hopefully they come back rested and focused to end the year.

Put on a few 5-6 game heaters and all of a sudden you're in it. Odds are sitll very, very low though.

Reactions: SpezDispenser

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad