NorthCoast

May 1, 2017
Senators Executive:
Owner/President/Arena Project Manager/GM
PR Guy/COO
Marketing Manager
PD
Accountant

Google any other NHL team...ANY TEAM: Arizona, Florida, etc...and compare it against this and it's pretty clear why this organization is failing. This has nothing to do with spending money and everything to do with how you spend money.

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
What are the implications regarding the rumors of a 51% sale of the team with a hiring like this ....

Qward

Because! That's why!
Jul 23, 2010
Behind you, look out
"How did this fire start?" - Media

"Look! We have commitments to put out 50% of the fires!"

"Okay, then how will you put out the fire?"

"We have obligations with FBA (fire burning agreement) and we will stick to it."

AchtzehnBaby

Global Matador
Mar 28, 2013
Hazeldean Road
Remember that guy Anselmi?

I wonder if we will ever know what happened there.

I am pretty sure when he put his plan together it was met with "how can we do that with 10% of the cost, Tom?"

And that's how it ended.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
I was hoping this guy got fired too, what does he do anyway besides kiss EM's ass?

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon

I am pretty sure when he put his plan together it was met with "how can we do that with 10% of the cost, Tom?"

And that's how it ended.
Probably for doing anything other than just smiling and nodding every time Melnyk spoke, like the rest of the exec team.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Probably for doing anything other than just smiling and nodding every time Melnyk spoke, like the rest of the exec team.
That the problem...He was making all the wrong moves and his spineless execs were telling him they were the right moves....Lol

KeithfromCanada

Mar 3, 2019
Ottawa Senators Appoint Nicolas Ruszkowski as COO

How does everyone feel about this?

The team definitely needed help in the PR department, but I wonder if there aren't other departments that needed it more. Nevertheless, it appears like a good hire.

Ha!!! Talk about a job destined for failure! Let's see how his meeting with Dorion went:

PD - OK, congratulations on the new job.
NR - Thanks, I'm really excited about it.
PD - Great. Now, your job is to get fans excited to come to the rink and here is what I've done to help you - I've traded away the best Defenseman to ever play the game and I got a 3rd liner and mediocre D-man to take his place; I shipped out our biggest scoring threat because his girlfriend was toxic and no-one seemed to notice during the 4 months of the season. I got the best return I could for him and then the guy I traded him too - the guy who screwed me in the Karlsson deal - turned around and got a WAY better deal a few hours later. And just a few weeks ago, more than 40% of the team offence told me they don't trust me and asked to be traded. Oh - one of the guys we traded was the guy that everyone in the city loved and thought would be their Captain for the next decade. And last but not least, our owner is insanely greedy and has no interest in spending any money on the team.
NR - uuuuhhh...and you want me to sell this to people???
PD - Not to worry, the fans are on board. Only one person has yelled at me in public!

Reactions: InAbsensia

Inkling

Same Old Hockey
Nov 27, 2006
Ottawa

And that's how it ended.

Yes, one look at the books and he knew that this organization was going to be a boat-anchor on his resume. He got out while he had his dignity and credibility intact. Also helps that he had '****-you money' from a long line of executive positions that gave him the luxury of not needing the job.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad