News Article: Ottawa Senators “Untouchable” Prospects

AchtzehnBaby

Global Matador
Mar 28, 2013
Hazeldean Road
Ottawa Senators “Untouchable” Prospects

The Ottawa Senators have one of the deepest and most talented prospect pools in the NHL, thanks to a recent influx of extra draft picks, prime drafting position and a strong development program. Ottawa’s top-five farm system is stocked full of players that project to be full-time contributors for the team in the near future.

Ottawa has spent the last few seasons fostering the growth of some elite talent — they had the second-most players (7) appear in THW’s Top 100 Prospects list at the end of August — and they just added 10 players in the 2020 NHL Draft, including two of the first five picks and another near the end of the first round.

Pierre Dorion has assembled one of the league’s best young cores through the draft, making 33 picks in the first five drafts since he was hired as Ottawa’s general manager in 2016.

https://thehockeywriters.com/senators-untouchable-prospects-tkachuk-stuetzle-sanderson-norris/

Reactions: Sweatred

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
After the gong show of the past couple of years, it's nice to see some positive press on a regular basis

Reactions: Crosside

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Tkachuk, Batherson, Sanderson and Formenton are Sens own picks

Stuetzle and Norris are from the Karlsson trade

Chabot, Logan Brown, Pinto, Jarventie, Daccord are also Sens own picks

Brannstrom, JBD, Greig, Balcers, Abramov came from the firesale

Thomson is from a bit of both lol, he was acquired in the Duchene to Columbus trade, but that pick kinda replaced the one given up to Colorado.

EDIT : lol forgot Chabot, only 23 y/o, should be untouchable as well

Last edited:

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
The only prospects that are close to untouchable in my mind are Stützle and Batherson. Everyone else is very "touchable" while we don't have a legit #1C or RHD or top line goal scorer. Some guys in the system have a small chance of being those missing pieces, but I'd trade anyone in the system to secure the future in those roles. I'd probably honestly trade my 2 guys for a real under 24 1C as well.

The only non prospect roster players that belong here are Tkachuk and Chabot. No one else matters.

jhutter

Dec 23, 2016
The only prospects that are close to untouchable in my mind are Stützle and Batherson. Everyone else is very "touchable" while we don't have a legit #1C or RHD or top line goal scorer. Some guys in the system have a small chance of being those missing pieces, but I'd trade anyone in the system to secure the future in those roles. I'd probably honestly trade my 2 guys for a real under 24 1C as well.

The only non prospect roster players that belong here are Tkachuk and Chabot. No one else matters.

I think it would be unwise for Batherson to be "untouchable". Stars and other irreplaceable players should be "untouchable", and I personally don't think he fits into either of those.

Reactions: bert

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
I think it would be unwise for Batherson to be "untouchable". Stars and other irreplaceable players should be "untouchable", and I personally don't think he fits into either of those.
Makes sense. Mark Stone wasn't untouchable here so one would naturally assume Batherson wouldn't be as well.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Sanderson, Stuetzle and Formenton are the only untouchables for me but even then every player has a price. Stuetzle and Sanderson's potential impact is too high to move as the Sens have very little in the way of elite talent outside of Chabot and Tkachuk. Formenton is an untouchable to me because he defines the identity the Sens are going to be built on. His value to the sens is higher than it would be to any other team so there is no point in moving him.

Batherson would be 4th on my list but if the right deal came along id consider trading him. I do think he breaks out more than any current player/prospect in the sens system this upcoming season.

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
I'd move Norris or Batherson in a second if the right deal came along. Only untouchables in our organization, from my perspective, are Chabot, Brady, Sanderson & Stutzle.

Reactions: Johnny Hanson

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
I have no untouchable prospects. I’m not in a hurry to move Norris, Formenton, Sanderson or Stutzle but for an elite established young controlled #1 centre it’s a no brainer. No worries though since they are never on the market.

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019

That Sanderson guy sucks...

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Lots, but 3 names came to me immediately. Connor McDavid, Leon Draisaitl & Quinn Hughes.
i would be currious to see hwat draisaitl would do if he were THE guy on a team. like alright hes the center and his wngers are not as good as him. i dont know if hes the same player.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
i would be currious to see hwat draisaitl would do if he were THE guy on a team. like alright hes the center and his wngers are not as good as him. i dont know if hes the same player.
It would be an interesting expiriment, but I think he's got the juice. He reminds me of Jagr with his ability to sheild and hang on to the puck.
I wouldn’t trade 8 years of Brady for 4 years of Leon.
That's a fair point. I still make the trade, because I see him well above Brady's level, but knowing he likely wouldn't be re-signed because he'd price himself out of Ottawa, certainly makes it a harder choice.

Reactions: Sweatred

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Untouchable is rather a strong word, even Gretzky got traded, more like who should be a future player on this team. I know Chabot & Murray aren't prospects, but they are still fairly young & IMO should be a part of a future team.

IMO Chabot, Tkachuk, Stuetzle, Sanderson, Batherson, Formenton, JBD, Norris, L. Brown & maybe Pinto, Jarventi, Sokolov & Murray, if they work out. That's 3 defencemen, 1 goalie & 9 forwards.

Tkachuk - L. Brown - Batherson
Formenton - Norris - Stuetzle
Jarventie - Pinto - Sokolov

Chabot - JBD
Sanderson - Brannstrom/Thomson???

Murray - Daccord???

jhutter

Dec 23, 2016
Untouchable is rather a strong word, even Gretzky got traded, more like who should be a future player on this team. I know Chabot & Murray aren't prospects, but they are still fairly young & IMO should be a part of a future team.

IMO Chabot, Tkachuk, Stuetzle, Sanderson, Batherson, Formenton, JBD, Norris, L. Brown & maybe Pinto, Jarventi, Sokolov & Murray, if they work out. That's 3 defencemen, 1 goalie & 9 forwards.

Tkachuk - L. Brown - Batherson
Formenton - Norris - Stuetzle
Jarventie - Pinto - Sokolov

Chabot - JBD
Sanderson - Brannstrom/Thomson???

Murray - Daccord???

I'd be interested to see if there's a team in the NHL that has drafted and developed 8/9 of their top 9 forwards.

Reactions: NB613

Ad

Upcoming events

• Real Madrid vs Cádiz
    Real Madrid vs Cádiz
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $4,740.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Monaco vs Clermont Foot
    Monaco vs Clermont Foot
    Wagers: 3