Proposal: Ottawa-NJD (Tkachuk/Hughes)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Tkachuk isn't being moved. No matter what ya'll think of the kid. Sens might as well pack up and move to Quebec City if they trade away Brady.

Close the thread.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Mercer + Holtz + pick is the new

Ryder + Halak + 2nd! lol

But his shoulders work. He’s not fragile like Jack. ;)

Sens fans are correct. You don’t get Tkatchuk for sub standard pieces lile Holtz/Mercer. It will cost a Hischier / Hughes etc.
Except this is the first time I’ve ever seen that collection of players and picks floated on the side of NJ but sure it’s as pervasive as something by the MTL fan base. Again people speak for themselves. Don’t try to conflate one or two individuals with some sort of groupthink in a wider fanbase.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
Except this is the first time I’ve ever seen that collection of players and picks floated on the side of NJ but sure it’s as pervasive as something by the MTL fan base. Again people speak for themselves. Don’t try to conflate one or two individuals with some sort of groupthink in a wider fanbase.
Mercer and Holtz have been listed as options in deals, in the last month, and Jersey fans defending it, so yes it’s happened.

My3Sons

Sponsor
Mercer and Holtz have been listed as options in deals, in the last month, and Jersey fans defending it, so yes it’s happened.

NJ fans aren't giving away Mercer by and large. Other teams have floated Mercer and Holtz in deals too. Are they part of it? Beyond that NJ fans aren't in any rush to move the first round pick before the lottery. You are grabbing at straws.

How about this. Your take is nonsensical. You simply say two players have been offered in "daals". You don't say what deals and you don't name names and you don't even say they were offered together in any deal, let alone with a first that is involved in an upcoming lottery. Are all fans of the team you root for disingenuous and untrustworthy or just you? See two can play that game.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
NJ fans aren't giving away Mercer by and large. Other teams have floated Mercer and Holtz in deals too. Are they part of it? Beyond that NJ fans aren't in any rush to move the first round pick before the lottery. You are grabbing at straws.

How about this. Your take is nonsensical. You simply say two players have been offered in "daals". You don't say what deals and you don't name names and you don't even say they were offered together in any deal, let alone with a first that is involved in an upcoming lottery. Are all fans of the team you root for disingenuous and untrustworthy or just you? See two can play that game.
There’s a search function if you’re so interested. If you’ve been following along, then you would be aware of those offers, like most here are.
Tkachuk isn’t getting traded, so it’s a moot point.

My3Sons

Sponsor
There’s a search function if you’re so interested. If you’ve been following along, then you would be aware of those offers, like most here are.
Tkachuk isn’t getting traded, so it’s a moot point.
the search function doesn't support you looking at what's been posted since April 1. Beyond that I agree Tkachuk wouldn't be moved and even then it wouldn't be for a group of assets centered around Mercer. Ottawa is trying to turn the corner and start winning and adding more picks and developmental players isn't going to help that.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
the search function doesn't support you looking at what's been posted since April 1. Beyond that I agree Tkachuk wouldn't be moved and even then it wouldn't be for a group of assets centered around Mercer. Ottawa is trying to turn the corner and start winning and adding more picks and developmental players isn't going to help that.
FYI here is one

To NJ
Brady Tkachuk

To OTT
2024 1st round pick (~10th overall)
Alexander Holtz
Seamus Casey
Nolan Foote

My3Sons

Sponsor
FYI here is one

To NJ
Brady Tkachuk

To OTT
Alexander Holtz
Seamus Casey
Nolan Foote
That's the same thread? And again one ridiculous fan isn't a fanbase. It's not worth beating the dead horse. Just keep it to each person only speaks for themselves and I completely agree that it's either ignorant or just some sort of fantasy world where you can add up 25 pennies to make a quarter. It's not applicable in the real world trade context but unfortunately you see it way too much on this board. Ottawa can turn the corner if they can get on the same page for team defense. It's tricky though. NJ has had its ups and downs with team defense. Last season it was solid and they did well. This season it fell off and they fell with it. The offense wasn't the issue. Consistency of team defense will do wonders for Ottawa. If the team wins, all the nonsense trade proposals will go away.

Reactions: Nocashstyle

TBF1972

May 19, 2018

i remember a proposal a few years back:

holtz and mercer
for
drouin, chiarot and armia

FYI here is one

To NJ
Brady Tkachuk

To OTT
Alexander Holtz
Seamus Casey
Nolan Foote
very odd way to spell mercer

• Haha
Reactions: Golden_Jet

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Given some of the replies think we are done.

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad