Proposal: Ottawa-NJD (Tkachuk/Hughes)

Status
Not open for further replies.

dgibb10

Feb 29, 2024
Can someone explain to me like I am 5 how this is a "fair value" trade, exactly? Break it down please.

Jack Hughes produces more points, plays the more important position, is ~2 years younger, signed for 2 years longer AND cheaper than Brady Tkachuk. Even if you think Hughes = Tkachuk, are you then telling me that 20 year old and 47 point DMan Luke Hughes = Pinto & 1 year of Chychrun (who I actually really like and would love in NJ)?
Hughes is also better defensively than Tkachuk.

Reactions: xigon

dgibb10

Feb 29, 2024
That’s nice, has ZERO to do with what you quoted, next time don’t quote, just post, if your not discussing post.
The statement speaks for itself. Brady Tkachuk is not in the same stratosphere as Jack Hughes.

This is frankly worse than if we offered Timo Meier for Tim Stutzle 1 for 1 because of #GRIT

At least Meier has better production that Stutzle over the last 3 years.
Screen Shot 2024-04-14 at 4.17.28 PM.png

LeProspector

AINEC
Feb 14, 2017
Can someone explain to me like I am 5 how this is a "fair value" trade, exactly? Break it down please.

Jack Hughes produces more points, plays the more important position, is ~2 years younger, signed for 2 years longer AND cheaper than Brady Tkachuk. Even if you think Hughes = Tkachuk, are you then telling me that 20 year old and 47 point DMan Luke Hughes = Pinto & 1 year of Chychrun (who I actually really like and would love in NJ)?
The same reason Florida traded the 115 point pure offensive player for Matthew Tkachuk. There is way more to both Tkachuks than just points. “Zajacs Bowl Cut” doesn’t understand this, but GM’s around the NHL sure do.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
The same reason Florida traded the 115 point pure offensive player for Matthew Tkachuk. There is way more to both Tkachuks than just points. “Zajacs Bowl Cut” doesn’t understand this, but GM’s around the NHL sure do.

ahh yes, the mythological "more than points", always love these arguments. How can I forget "proven winner" and "playoff performer" Brady Tkachuk! oh, wait.....

Tom Fitzgerald is literally related to the Tkachuk family. He knows them probably better than any other opposing team's GM. I can guarantee you he'd laugh at that offer if it were presented to him.

Reactions: dgibb10

LeProspector

AINEC
Feb 14, 2017
The statement speaks for itself. Brady Tkachuk is not in the same stratosphere as Jack Hughes.

This is frankly worse than if we offered Timo Meier for Tim Stutzle 1 for 1 because of #GRIT

At least Meier has better production that Stutzle over the last 3 years.View attachment 851765
Funny thing is, Brady Tkachuk has more points than Jack Hughes this season… LOL

dgibb10

Feb 29, 2024
Lol. comparison between Matthew and Huberdeau:

AAV: advantage Matthew
Term: advantage matthew
Defense: advantage matthew
Goals: advantage matthew

Let's go to Tkachuk vs Hughes:
AAV: advantage Hughes
Term: Advantage hughes
Defense: advatage Hughes
Goals: advantage Hughes

Matthew was valuable because he was the significantly younger, 100 point, 2 way player.

Brady Tkachuk isn't Matthew Tkachuk.

And NJD wouldn't trade Jack Hughes for Matthew Tkachuk either

• Haha
Reactions: nashnaidoo

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005

At least Meier has better production that Stutzle over the last 3 years.View attachment 851765
Yep none of that has ZERO to do with saying, Hughes has a wonky shoulder like Norris.

Meier at 19,20 and 21 = 108 points, Stutzle 177 points, but let’s choose Meier at age 25,26 and 27 lol.

LeProspector

AINEC
Feb 14, 2017
ahh yes, the mythological "more than points", always love these arguments. How can I forget "proven winner" and "playoff performer" Brady Tkachuk! oh, wait.....
The smart fans know the value of a Tkachuk. Small frail offensive players don’t lead their teams to championships. There’s a reason Hughes hasn’t made the playoffs.

Here’s how I see the deal broken down:

Jack Hughes and Tkachuk have similar trade value. They’re both young, and signed to good contracts for multiple years. One is a pure offensive centre, the other is a multi-dimensional winger that can bring physicality, net front dominance and also put up points. They’re two vastly different players.

Luke Hughes is a young relatively unproven player, he has shown he can put up points but hasn’t been the best in his own end. This may come in time. He has more value than Chychrun given his age, and Chychrun’s contract situation.

Pinto helps bridge the gap between Chychrun’s value and Luke Hughes’. Pinto is a great 2C/high end 3C two way centreman that is also young. I think he bridges the gap in value perfectly.

That’s why I see the value as pretty good for both teams. Get your biased New Jersey ass out of here and think about this objectively.

dgibb10

Feb 29, 2024
The smart fans know the value of a Tkachuk. Small frail offensive players don’t lead their teams to championships. There’s a reason Hughes hasn’t made the playoffs.

Jack Hughes and Tkachuk have similar trade value. They’re both young, and signed to good contracts for multiple years. One is a pure offensive centre, the other is a multi-dimensional winger that can bring physicality, net front dominance and also put up points. They’re two vastly different players. Tkachuk’s game bri

Luke Hughes is a young relatively unproven player, he has shown he can put up points but hasn’t been the best in his own end. This may come in time. He has more value than Chychrun given his age, and Chychrun’s contract situation.

Pinto helps bridge the gap between Chychrun’s value and Luke Hughes’. Pinto is a great 2C/high end 3C two way centreman that is also young. I think he bridges the gap in value perfectly.

That’s why I see the value as pretty good for both teams. Get your biased Nee Jersey ass out of here and think about this objectively.
Jack Hughes is literally significantly better defensively than Brady Tkachuk.

This idea that Brady Tkachuk throwing hits makes him an effective defensive player is ridiculous.

Jack Hughes and Brady Tkachuk do not have similar trade value.

Jack Hughes is a 22 year old who's been pacing at 100 points 42 goals for the last 3 years, with a 6x8 contract, and better defensive results
Brady Tkachuk is 24 year old who's been pacing at 76 points 35 goals for the last 3 years, with a 4x8.2 contract, and worse defensive results.

If hits and fights are worth that much to you, go pay like 3 1sts for ryan reaves or arber xhekaj or kurtis macdermid or some other goon

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta

Jack Hughes and Tkachuk have similar trade value. They’re both young, and signed to good contracts for multiple years. One is a pure offensive centre, the other is a multi-dimensional winger that can bring physicality, net front dominance and also put up points. They’re two vastly different players.

That’s why I see the value as pretty good for both teams. Get your biased New Jersey ass out of here and think about this objectively.
:huh::huh::huh::huh::huh::huh::huh::huh:

He hasn't made the playoffs?

Huh...

dgibb10

Feb 29, 2024
Where did I say anything about defence? Both aren’t engaged in that end of the rink, so why argue over it?
Jack Hughes has had an above average defensive impact over the last 3 years.
Brady Tkachuk has not. At all.

And then you get into the impact of Jack Hughes being one of the most disciplined players in hockey, as well as being virtually impossible to stop without commiting penalties, and the value added there makes the gap even WIDER

Yep none of that has ZERO to do with saying, Hughes has a wonky shoulder like Norris.

Meier at 19,20 and 21 = 108 points, Stutzle 177 points, but let’s choose Meier at age 25,26 and 27 lol.
So age has an impact? hmmm.

Makes Jack Hughes complete domination over Tkachuk statistically despite being 2 years younger even more impactful

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA

dude, what are you talking about? If you're going to argue, please get your facts straight.

How many playoffs has Brady Tkachuk made?

Reactions: Guttersniped

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
Jack Hughes is literally significantly better defensively than Brady Tkachuk.

This idea that Brady Tkachuk throwing hits makes him an effective defensive player is ridiculous.

Jack Hughes and Brady Tkachuk do not have similar trade value.

Jack Hughes is a 22 year old who's been pacing at 100 points 42 goals for the last 3 years, with a 6x8 contract, and better defensive results
Brady Tkachuk is 24 year old who's been pacing at 76 points 35 goals for the last 3 years, with a 4x8.2 contract, and worse defensive results.

If hits and fights are worth that much to you, go pay like 3 1sts for ryan reaves or arber xhekaj or kurtis macdermid or some other goon
Pace means nothing when your not available to play, 6 points difference last 3 years, 1 point difference last 4 years.

Are you new to hockey, that might explain a lot.

dgibb10

Feb 29, 2024
Pace means nothing when your not available to play, 6 points difference last 3 years, 1 point difference last 4 years.

Are you new to hockey, that might explain a lot.
Brady Tkachuk having 6 less points than 20-22 year old Jack Hughes in 50 more games over the last 3 years is not the flex you think it is.

If only the devils could find a player to put up -6 points in Jack's absence, then they could catch up to Brady Tkachuk

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
Brady Tkachuk having 6 less points than 20-22 year old Jack Hughes in 50 more games over the last 3 years is not the flex you think it is.

If only the devils could find a player to put up -6 points in Jack's absence, then they could catch up to Brady Tkachuk
I’m still waiting for an answer why you quoted me 2-3 times, but never addressed the point in the original quote, that Hughes has a wonky shoulder like Norris, but went on about something totally different each time,

Keep watching the game though, I’m sure your still learning the nuances.

Reactions: SensFactor

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
New Jersey fans are so biased it’s hilarious.

brother, you came in here chest puffed saying that Brady had more points than Jack this year. That is false.

You then tried to crap on Hughes saying "thats why he hasn't made the playoffs". That is also false.

Maybe you shouldn't be calling out people when you can't get simple facts correct? Just an idea!

dgibb10

Feb 29, 2024
I’m still waiting for an answer why you quoted me 2-3 times, but never addressed the point in the original quote, that Hughes has a wonky shoulder like Norris, but went on about something totally different each time,

Keep watching the game though, I’m sure your still learning the nuances.
Jack Hughes:

1 injury to his shoulder, reaggravated, then shut down at the end of the year

Norris has injured that same shoulder like 8 different times, and has now had 3 shoulder surgeries on the same shoulder.

Reactions: Guttersniped

LeProspector

AINEC
Feb 14, 2017
Jack Hughes has had an above average defensive impact over the last 3 years.
Brady Tkachuk has not. At all.

And then you get into the impact of Jack Hughes being one of the most disciplined players in hockey, as well as being virtually impossible to stop without commiting penalties, and the value added there makes the gap even WIDER

So age has an impact? hmmm.

Makes Jack Hughes complete domination over Tkachuk statistically despite being 2 years younger even more impactful
No, Jack Hushes hasn’t it’s just a way for biased fans to prop up their players in discussions like this because quantifying “defensive impact” is impossible on a stat sheet.

It’s like what Ottawa fans have been doing since last year when Stutzle started playing on the penalty kill. Bias…

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
Jack Hughes:

1 injury to his shoulder, reaggravated, then shut down at the end of the year

Norris has injured that same shoulder like 8 different times, and has now had 3 shoulder surgeries on the same shoulder.
They both have had 3 shoulder issues.

Hughes has had issues with his shoulder for most of his career. He's injured his shoulder in November this season, and then he did it again in January when he fell awkwardly despite not getting hit. He also suffered an upper-body injury in February of last year, and he suffered a shoulder injury in October 2021.

dgibb10

Feb 29, 2024
They both have had 3 shoulder issues.

Norris has had 3 shoulder surgeries on the same shoulder.

No, Jack Hushes hasn’t it’s just a way for biased fans to prop up their players in discussions like this because quantifying “defensive impact” is impossible on a stat sheet.

It’s like what Ottawa fans have been doing since last year when Stutzle started playing on the penalty kill. Bias…
You actually can quantify the impact of defense.

What you can't quantify is the magical pretend bonus that apparently comes from Brady Tkachuk's physicality that apparently outweighs the massive gaps in every other area

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad