Post-Game Talk: Ottawa @ New York

Tundraman

ModerationIsKey
Feb 13, 2010
North
Its hard to believe that its only a few weeks ago we hit our lowest point when our 2 goalies went down. Just one more game for the fairy tale ending. The guys must be really pumped!

Sens Rule

Sep 22, 2005
Its hard to believe that its only a few weeks ago we hit our lowest point when our 2 goalies went down. Just one more game for the fairy tale ending. The guys must be really pumped!

I am so calm now. The team is so used to being pumped that I don't believe they will flub this.

I think this is my favourite Sens team ever. I loved lots of them. 05/06 for dominance. 06/07 for playoffs. The pesky Sens. The first playoff year. No Sens team has just one virtually every biggest game of the year again and again like this. The times they didn't win they just came back stronger. Down 3-0 vs Pitts... They win. Hammond, Stone, Pageau, Turris, Karlsson, Methot, Ceci, Ryan, Michalek, MacArthur, Condra, Lazar.. Boro... Face broken Boro still fighting.

This is probably my favourite Sens team. And the best "team" we have ever had. "Team". Even if we don't make the playoffs by fluke or puck luck... I will think that. I know we are gonna give 100% vs Philly. No matter the results. I think we can win the Cup. For real. I don't even think we are a dark horse. We can beat anyone. When is the last time we lost 4 of 7?

Golden

Haven't we suffered enough?
May 3, 2007
I know we want to taunt the trolls but umm, I want no part of the Rangers should we make the playoffs. I mean, I don't care who we play as long as we're there but if I had a choice...

Sens Rule

Sep 22, 2005
I know we want to taunt the trolls but umm, I want no part of the Rangers should we make the playoffs. I mean, I don't care who we play as long as we're there but if I had a choice...

We can play Rangers, Habs or Tampa. Finish 9th, 8th, 7th or 3rd in our division! Pretty crazy with 1 game left!!!! So many possibilities!

Step

It's been a tough year...
Nov 9, 2007
Ottawa
I dunno what that previous Ranger fan was ranting about, but you should ignore it. You guys won the game fair and square.

You'll be facing a different team in the playoffs, should we meet, but still... this game was a decisive win by the Sens

:handclap::handclap::handclap:

Ttracer*

Thanks to the Rangers B team, the Panthers, and more importantly Ottawa hockey. We may never lose again
zack-smith-vs.-Nathan-horton.jpg

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Sens took it easy. Then benched a 35 goal scorer in michalek, 9th overall pronger lite in Cowen, a 1st overall top 4 defensemen and played their scrub 5th and 6th round pick(hoffman and stone) over studs like Puempel and Prince.

Do you even hockey?

....and our 3rd string netminder.

Can't forget about that one.

It's crazy how far down the roster we are right now with so many injuries.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
I fully expect that you all will be Ranger fans if the Sens get eliminated before them. Not only did New York bench its top forward (Nash), as well as another top-6 player (Zuccarello), they also benched their top defenseman (Staal) and could've played Klein, but didn't.

The replacements were not even the Rangers top prospects. Ryan Bourque is barely a second liner in Hartford (AHL). Lindberg, Hrivik, maybe others would've been called up before Bourque if the Rangers were trying to win.

Then the game began and the Rangers were playing as they could've care less. Hayes had an empty net and just shot the puck lightly into Hammond.

You asked, you begged the Rangers to give the Sens a couple of points, and they couldn't have done it in any more obvious way. Senator fans owe the Rangers a little loyalty a few weeks from now.

Wow, sounds like you weren't too happy about it.

Rals

Apr 5, 2011
Ottawa
Hey, remember when the senators won last night? I don't cause I was black out drunk but, man those were good times.

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
Anyone else notice we seemed to be shooting at the neck region on Lundy quite a bit last night? One point Karlsson teed one up late in the game and hit him square where his throat injury was save for the mask guard of course.

Filatov2Kovalev2Bonk

Effortless sexy.
Jul 13, 2006
Cumberland
I went to the Starbucks Murray went to in the morning in the lockout and last summer. He looked so strong and healthy for a guy his age. Saw him a dozen or twenty times. Now he has lost 40-50 pounds. His voice has changed.

The team is playing for themselves and each other and Cameron but they are playing for Murray too.

I hate that some fans and posters are so mad at phillips and Neil's contracts they don't get what Murray is. He is a player's coach and gm. He is a great man, a great person, a great coach, a great hockey guy and a great guy period. And he is loyal and he cares about the future and the vets and the rookies. It is why he is 40 years in the business. If a fan easily gets that all the player's do.

If you can't like Bryan Murray you aren't gonna like many people in this world.

I get that about Murray and it's a good quality. You just have to cut the cord at some point. That's all. You need to be good to your guys but you also need to have a hard heart at times and make decisions that are unpalatable to yourself. Having 5MM in dead capspace next year is a waste.

That said, I hope they give Murray some good playoff hockey over the next while, it'll be fun for him and Reeds.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
I dunno what that previous Ranger fan was ranting about, but you should ignore it. You guys won the game fair and square.

You'll be facing a different team in the playoffs, should we meet, but still... this game was a decisive win by the Sens

Thanks dude.

We're not morons here.

We know the Rangers had little vested in the game and sat a bunch of their best players.

ColinM

Dec 14, 2004
Halifax
I am so calm now. The team is so used to being pumped that I don't believe they will flub this.

I think this is my favourite Sens team ever. I loved lots of them. 05/06 for dominance. 06/07 for playoffs. The pesky Sens. The first playoff year. No Sens team has just one virtually every biggest game of the year again and again like this. The times they didn't win they just came back stronger. Down 3-0 vs Pitts... They win. Hammond, Stone, Pageau, Turris, Karlsson, Methot, Ceci, Ryan, Michalek, MacArthur, Condra, Lazar.. Boro... Face broken Boro still fighting.

This is probably my favourite Sens team. And the best "team" we have ever had. "Team". Even if we don't make the playoffs by fluke or puck luck... I will think that. I know we are gonna give 100% vs Philly. No matter the results. I think we can win the Cup. For real. I don't even think we are a dark horse. We can beat anyone. When is the last time we lost 4 of 7?

So true. It's been 15 years since this team had a young team with upside feel to, which is a lot of fun to be around. In many respects this one doesn't feel like it could choke the way the teams of the early 2000s did.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
The Rangers are still a very scary team.

They don't give up much and they can skate with our guys.

It reminded me of our last series against them when they didn't have a lot of the firepower they have now.

Yeah they are the real deal, if they are playing with desperation and have the three guys they are missing I dont see anyone beating them in 7 games. Yandle is another added weapon to that arsenal of depth and speed.

Hayes looks like he is going to be a superstar to me, unbelievable how Chicago lets guys like him and Pirri go and overpay for players like Vermette.

FLpanthers16

#CatsAreComing
Jan 30, 2014
Cheering for you guys to beat those Bruins for the last spot!!!!

Ill be watching your last game where you will clinch ;)

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
I fully expect that you all will be Ranger fans if the Sens get eliminated before them. Not only did New York bench its top forward (Nash), as well as another top-6 player (Zuccarello), they also benched their top defenseman (Staal) and could've played Klein, but didn't.

The replacements were not even the Rangers top prospects. Ryan Bourque is barely a second liner in Hartford (AHL). Lindberg, Hrivik, maybe others would've been called up before Bourque if the Rangers were trying to win.

Then the game began and the Rangers were playing as they could've care less. Hayes had an empty net and just shot the puck lightly into Hammond.

You asked, you begged the Rangers to give the Sens a couple of points, and they couldn't have done it in any more obvious way. Senator fans owe the Rangers a little loyalty a few weeks from now.

I dont think you could possibly be a rangers fan if you think Staal is your top D man. To be a fan you actually have to watch your team.

So what are you so mad about? All you guys talk about over there is how you dont want to play boston.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Cheering for you guys to beat those Bruins for the last spot!!!!

Ill be watching your last game where you will clinch ;)

Thanks for the tremendous assist last night.

My wife was at a bar where the entire place was going crazy for the Panthers.

It was pretty wild.

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
Yeah they are the real deal, if they are playing with desperation and have the three guys they are missing I dont see anyone beating them in 7 games. Yandle is another added weapon to that arsenal of depth and speed.

Hayes looks like he is going to be a superstar to me, unbelievable how Chicago lets guys like him and Pirri go and overpay for players like Vermette.

With Hayes I believe he was actually an NCAA holdout. They didn't let him go, he chose not to sign an ELC with them.

Pirri though was a mistake... traded for a 2014 3rd and a 2016 5th? Ouch. Especially considering he was a 2009 2nd rounder.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad