GDT: Ottawa @ Montréal II

Status
Not open for further replies.

AnotherHabsFan

Behind Enemy Lines
Jan 16, 2015
New Hampshire
Fire MT and send DD to Hamilton. Demote Plek to third line. Promote Chucky and Eller to 1st and 2nd centers. Watch MT pull is hair out as we start to score and win games.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
last goal was pure "DA system" in action…

beaulieu twice had the puck on his stick, with no immediate pressure/room to skate away with the puck…

instead, he flicks the puck away, out of the zone.

first time, it gets stopped before the red line and dumped back in.

second time, it gets stopped again in the neutral zone, and the sens go on the attack, leading to method's goal.

Beaulieu seemed uncomfortable on both attempts, i suspect that he didn't do much of that earlier in his career (throw away the puck when he had time/space to skate it out of his zone).

instead of playing to his strengths, he was showing his commitment to Da System… the play it safe, give-the-other-team-the-puck system that is messing up the development of our skilled players to the benefit of no one.

MB had better be playing close attention, and unless this coach finds his way past the first round, get Guy Boucher's number ready...

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Hewo Powice? I'd wike to wepowt a Hambuwgwaw. He sto'ed mah buwgaws. And mah dignity.

little-girl-phone.gif

Nah I'm jus fussin wit chu. I want to repowt Michewl Tawwien.

68*

Lol look at the seats. Everyone is leaving. Laurent Ciman is probably one of them.

Nashy

Living on Fish Island
Feb 2, 2006
Toronto
It's called a "Slump". It happens. Even against a team of plugs like Ottawa. Let this game pass like a gallstone....

This is true....but all these loses to the Sens, Sabres, Oilers, Coyotes......they wear on ya, especially getting blown out like this one.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
The chemistry, the great trade day pick ups! Playing two RH D together, playing two LH D together. The Power Play struggling with no fix in sight. The coach unwilling to make adjustments when it comes to DD. Pleks and Galchenyuk have no chemistry.
The only player showing signs of like Lars Eller is not used properly.
At least they improved their 4th line...or did they? Habs were better with Thomas and Bournival.
This has become a mess in a hurry.

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
Chucky is not a good winger and never will be. He will be a 20 goals - 50 points winger which is nothing special.

As long as MT will be there chucky will be our 2nd line LW. At this point the best move bergy can do this summer is to admit he did a mistake and fire MT.

Worse. He's never going to learn to be a better center if we keep him on the wing.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
This is true....but all these loses to the Sens, Sabres, Oilers, Coyotes......they wear on ya, especially getting blown out like this one.

I know what you mean. I turned off the game. Don't need salt in this stupid wound. Every top team goes through stretches like this, the trick is to wait them out without losing your mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad