Ottawa Fury FC 2014 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

FuriousSenator

Mar 18, 2011
Ottawa
Any TV or Streaming deals announced yet?

I think Rogers 22 will broadcast games. Can't find the article to confirm that though...maybe still working out the details.

A while back the NASL announced they'd be introducing an HD online streaming service a la GameCenter Live for around $5/month. Haven't heard anything since. :dunno:

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
jersey unveiled tomorrow, according to facebook.
sneak peak posted, not sure if i FB links work:

11860_687230711341140_381780745_n.jpg

FuriousSenator

Mar 18, 2011
Ottawa
Fury FC twitter also says two other big announcements during the kit reveal today!

Maybe a tv/streaming deal???? More player signings?

FuriousSenator

Mar 18, 2011
Ottawa
Here are the new kits!! I think they look pretty good. The home jersey looks a little plain but I love the aways. Hopefully with a front sponsor they'll start to look a little more 'classic footy'.

Bj6jiXCCIAA6KO6.jpg

Bj6gD06CcAAtdfO.jpg

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
so the kits were news #1:
1606873_687446794652865_642501720_n.jpg

not a fan of the jerseys either. well the black one has too much going on.

news #2: Fury FC complete 23-man roster with signing of local midfielder and Fury Acadmey alum Kenny Caceros - #FuryFamily

news #3: Name this thing.... lol
1977476_687453694652175_1219533679_n.jpg

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
I think the kit and mascot are awesome. Can't wait for the season to start! Getting one of the black shirts for sure.

mianjo

Jan 16, 2009
I was at the Fury - Syracuse game tonight, final score 2-2, Fury goals Tommy Heinemann and Pierre-Rudolph Mayard
Heinemann's goal a bullet header, but he was totally unmarked, Mayard's seemed to bit of a scrambled goal, each Fury goal brought them back into a tie after Syracuse took 1-0 and 2-1 leads. Both Syracuse goals scored by Ekblom who looks like a really good player.
Crowd of about 500 i would guess.
Fury had their moments hit the post a couple of times, but let Syracuse score 2 fairly simple goals. The second half saw both teams make lots of substitutions, i think almost every player dressed today saw some action.

One interesting point there was a bad tackle on a Fury player, who immediately jumped up and ran over and knocked the Syracuse player to the ground, in a normal game they would have both been red carded, but the ref used common sense and asked both players to leave the field and be substituted, as if he had red carded them they would have been suspended, but as this was just an exhibition it was a sensible move.
Fury are off to Florida on monday for the rest of their training camp and play 2 exhibition games down there before opening their inaugfal season April 12th against Fort Lauderdale Strikers.

FuriousSenator

Mar 18, 2011
Ottawa
I was at the Fury - Syracuse game tonight, final score 2-2, Fury goals Tommy Heinemann and Pierre-Rudolph Mayard
Heinemann's goal a bullet header, but he was totally unmarked, Mayard's seemed to bit of a scrambled goal, each Fury goal brought them back into a tie after Syracuse took 1-0 and 2-1 leads. Both Syracuse goals scored by Ekblom who looks like a really good player.
Crowd of about 500 i would guess.
Fury had their moments hit the post a couple of times, but let Syracuse score 2 fairly simple goals. The second half saw both teams make lots of substitutions, i think almost every player dressed today saw some action.

One interesting point there was a bad tackle on a Fury player, who immediately jumped up and ran over and knocked the Syracuse player to the ground, in a normal game they would have both been red carded, but the ref used common sense and asked both players to leave the field and be substituted, as if he had red carded them they would have been suspended, but as this was just an exhibition it was a sensible move.
Fury are off to Florida on monday for the rest of their training camp and play 2 exhibition games down there before opening their inaugfal season April 12th against Fort Lauderdale Strikers.

:amazed: wow 500?! The stated capacity of the viewing deck at Branchaud is only like 350 or something. That's incredible if they squeezed in that many!

mianjo

Jan 16, 2009
I had no idea what the capacity is over there, so it was just a guess, lots of kids, I was sitting on the 1st row of seats near the 2nd entrance, lady behind me ask me to squeeze up as she had a bunch of kids coming with her, people were walking by looking for seats and coming back saying there were none, also lots of people were standing at the entrance. Also good to see quite a few wearing Fury jackets and scarves

FuriousSenator

Mar 18, 2011
Ottawa
Fury team left early this morning for Florida to finish up preseason and then start their campaign against the Strikers on April 12th. It's coming up so soon... Under two weeks until the Fury take the field! :yo:

Feels strange having a home town team not named Senators to cheer for. :laugh: It's been too long I guess.

gunnerdom

Go HABS Go!!!!
Jul 14, 2003
Ottawa, Ontario
www.facebook.com
I bought the black (home) jersey. I was hoping they would chose that design. I also got to talk with some of the players. Really nice guys.

It's really weird for me to cheer for an Ottawa team since I'm a Habs fan. I guess I will also be cheering the RedBlacks. Haven't cheered for an Ottawa team since the Rough Riders and The Intrepid.

Smash88

Mar 15, 2012
Ottawa
Streaming site just came out today for the NASL. http://www.nasl.com/nasl-live

You can stream every NASL game and access the archives for the ones you missed. 30$ for the whole season or 5$ a month. 10 day free trial.

Ah sweet!

Very reasonable price, will definitely be getting this.

Now lets hope the CFL has something like this. Not getting my hopes up as TSN holds the TV deal though.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
That's a great deal to stream the games. I'll definitely be getting that and a shirt...just can't choose which one I want yet.

FuriousSenator

Mar 18, 2011
Ottawa
Streaming site just came out today for the NASL. http://www.nasl.com/nasl-live

You can stream every NASL game and access the archives for the ones you missed. 30$ for the whole season or 5$ a month. 10 day free trial.

Holy smokes what a deal. Definitely getting it as well! :yo:

They really need to put up some kind of FAQ though because there are a few unanswered questions. Like I assume games will be kept in an archive on demand, but it hasn't been explicitly stated...also will this include playoffs?

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
I'm in love with the away jersey with the classic collar. It would have been neat if the home was a black/red split, but you can't win'em all. Not sure about the white shoulder rings on the home and I've never been a huge fan of the racing stripe look down the middle, but overall, pretty good!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad