Post-Game Talk: Ottawa @ Detroit

Status
Not open for further replies.

MiscBrah

Mar 16, 2012
I don't agree, I doubt DC has anything against Hoffman but doesn't like what he is seeing from those three lately. Afterall all three have been struggling for a while now & Ryan has said as much. Moving one of them around the coach is hoping for a spark that will get them going again, not much else a coach can do really. All three seem to be perimeter players & I think he wants someone on that line that goes to the net & has some net presence to obscure the goalies vision.

IMO I don't think it makes any difference where Hoffman plays with his speed & excellent release he can score from anywhere as he has already proven this yr. He doesn't need someone to set him up he can do that himself & he doesn't need anyone to carry the puck for him because he can do that to. He is an excellent puck handler who can actually make other lines better with his skill.

While I'm not much of a fan of Chiasson, I do like Smith & thought he had a pretty good game with Zibanejad & Ryan. He played well defensively, made some nice plays on offence & made a solid hit along the boards. I don't think he hurt that line at all but IMO it's Ryan & Zibanejad who seem out of sorts for whatever reason. they don't seem to be getting the bounces. They need to work a lot harder all over the ice in order for them to get some puck luck.

The point is that our leading goal scorer only got 10 minutes of ES ice-time. I find that fact strange in a game in which we were almost shut-out.

Smith played even less than Hoffman, so I'm really not sure what game you were watching. He was a complete non-factor, playing only 1 shift in the 3rd period and 0 in OT.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Do you find it weird that guys in fluorescent yellow shirts sell beer/food in the aisles DURING play at Joe Louis?

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
The point is that our leading goal scorer only got 10 minutes of ES ice-time. I find that fact strange in a game in which we were almost shut-out.

Smith played even less than Hoffman, so I'm really not sure what game you were watching. He was a complete non-factor, playing only 1 shift in the 3rd period and 0 in OT.

this is a nice flashback to trying to figure out Ryan's ice time under Maclean

if history means anything then yes hoffman should be getting some more ice time

MiscBrah

Mar 16, 2012
Only allowed one more regulation loss this season. Need to go either:

4-1-1
3-0-3

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010

Well, it's not surprising that Smith's ice-time dropped by the third, as he's not really an offensive guy and we needed a goal, but I thought he was ok through the first two periods.

As for Hoffman, I imagine part of the problem for him was he doesn't kill penalties. With 24 penalty mins in the game, 10 ES mins doesn't seem that bad.

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014

Yeah but but

He had a great game defensively he said lol

Complete complete nonfactor

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
Yo, Weir is terrible. He drove me nuts tonight. He goes back to retrieve the puck and RUNS INTO HAMMOND behind the net, Lost on the PP, soft clears... urgh.

Please...We need to acquire another top 4 defender!

At least he's better than Cowen, Gryba and Borowiecki.

Really gotta get rid of all those dudes except Boro to clear some space for the sake of flexibility.

Sens Rule

Sep 22, 2005
I agree, I don't like Cameron's obviously low opinion of Hoffman. The guy is one of our fastest, most skilled players with a tremendous wrist shot, and he gets no recognition by Cammorron. But I guess when his job becomes vacant someone else can apply.

Hoffman still gets tons of icetime the last 5/6 games. I really think s lot of all the switching of lines is about getting Ryan and Zibby to stop passing and shoot. Last game Hoffman got 18 mins and Zibby and Ryan 14.

I don't think it is all about Hoffman at all. It is trying to get Ryan going and get Ryan and Zibby to be more simple. Hoffman moving is about getting 4 lines going. Not dumping 2 grinders with Legwand.

I do like the idea of Pageau on the PP though. He is so smart and so committed he should be able to make deft passes and also keep the puck in and win puck battles. Grit and ridiculous desire still works on the PP. If Pageau playing some on the PP allows us one or two times we don't get the puck sent out of the zone it could help.

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
Hoff was going east-west too much and did a couple silly turnovers.

It's part of his game obviously, but DC was stressing on him to shoot the puck more and make the safe play when there's nothing else basically.

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014
Hoffman still gets tons of icetime the last 5/6 games. I really think s lot of all the switching of lines is about getting Ryan and Zibby to stop passing and shoot. Last game Hoffman got 18 mins and Zibby and Ryan 14.

I don't think it is all about Hoffman at all. It is trying to get Ryan going and get Ryan and Zibby to be more simple. Hoffman moving is about getting 4 lines going. Not dumping 2 grinders with Legwand.

I do like the idea of Pageau on the PP though. He is so smart and so committed he should be able to make deft passes and also keep the puck in and win puck battles. Grit and ridiculous desire still works on the PP. If Pageau playing some on the PP allows us one or two times we don't get the puck sent out of the zone it could help.

Not a bad idea

But... Can smith plau pageau pk minutes?

I doubt it

MiscBrah

Mar 16, 2012
Hoff was going east-west too much and did a couple silly turnovers.

It's part of his game obviously, but DC was stressing on him to shoot the puck more and make the safe play when there's nothing else basically.

ya let's teach our young offensive stud a lesson with our season on the line.

Paul Maclean is that you?

we scored 1 goal last game, off of a perfect screen, and Mrazek STILL got a piece of it!

Karlsson2Turris*

I wanna go 6-0-0, this team won 7 in a row before, they can do it again.

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
ya let's teach our young offensive stud a lesson with our season on the line.

Paul Maclean is that you?

we scored 1 goal last game, off of a perfect screen, and Mrazek STILL got a piece of it!

Relax it's not like he played under 10 mins (which would deb McLean style)

You're complaining after a win?

The dude's still a rookie. There's lessons to be learned. You want him to become Spezza?

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
I guess you missed the game then, since you didn't see the beautiful pass to Mac to tie the game.

Flamingo

Nov 13, 2008
Ottawa
Nope. I watched the Wings broadcast too, it was the guy in the middle of the panel who said that. Osgood was on the far right (from the viewer's perspective).

Although I did laugh when Osgood was part of a local Detroit visa/debit commercial flaunting his 3 cup rings.

By the way, the Fox Detroit colour guy was awful! Mumbling and trailing off with literally no analysis. Makes Uncle Denis sound 10 years sober.

I know! He had absolutely no energy. And he made snide comments on penalty calls and non-calls on both teams. So strange.

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014
It is not Anderson vs. Hammond for me, it is how the team plays in front of Anderson vs. Hammond.

Why can't they play this way in front of Anderson?

the players are human
they say hammond he's a guy its easy to cheer for
we don't know half of what is going in the room and outside and friendship etc
maybe...

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
Tempted to skim the GDT to see if you live-posted anything...but I don't have time.

How is watching a game in the Joe?

There's not a bad site line in the entire building so it's actually a great arena. It's very old and has zero amenities, trough style bathrooms and tube tvs in the concourse. My kinda building since I don't need any of the fluff. I think Nassau is probably my favorite NHL building though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad