Proposal: Ottawa/Colorado

Goulet17

May 22, 2003
To Colorado
JG Pageau (Sakic can chat with agent about extension first)

To Ottawa
Tyson Jost or JT Compher
2021 2nd

Seems like a lot for a pending UFA, possibly a pure rental. Giving up a roster player with remaining contract term and/or control, does not seem feasible unless a contract extension is actually agreed to as part of any trade (rather than just merely the opportunity to discuss a contract).

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Seems like a lot for a pending UFA, possibly a pure rental. Giving up a roster player with remaining contract term and/or control, does not seem feasible unless a contract extension is actually agreed to as part of any trade (rather than just merely the opportunity to discuss a contract).
Yeah obviously this wouldn’t happen if there’s no reasonable extension.

Cost may seem heavy but the fact is that Pageau would be taking one of Compher/Josts spot in the lineup anyway. The 2nd is a good price to pay to upgrade a player like that and I don’t think there would be many other teams willing to trade a player like Jost/Compher which should make this very enticing for the Sens too.

SoulDynasty

Jan 25, 2017
Ottawa
Pageau is an awesome player. I would definitely not trade Jost or Compher for him.

Ottawa will be looking for picks and prospects anyway. No point in risking our chemistry for someone who may or may not gel with the team, and giving up an extra pick on top of that.

I would offer a second round pick and third round pick (goes to another 2nd if resigned), years to be determined.

Reactions: GirardSpinorama

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
Pageau is an awesome player. I would definitely not trade Jost or Compher for him.

Ottawa will be looking for picks and prospects anyway. No point in risking our chemistry for someone who may or may not gel with the team, and giving up an extra pick on top of that.

I would offer a second round pick and third round pick (goes to another 2nd if resigned), years to be determined.
I can understand not wanting to do this for COL but I also think that OTT would be happy to get back young NHL players as opposed to more picks or prospects farther away.

Also, I think they easily get an offer better than a 2nd and a 3rd.

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015

Ahh the classic hf " I want your valuable player but don't want to give anything valuable for him"

Perratrooper

May 26, 2016
Alberta
No problem giving up Jost and a second, first is a bit steep for me though. Honestly would rather go with Tierny if he's cheaper.

LeProspector

AINEC
Feb 14, 2017
I’d personally be fine with Jost
To Colorado
JG Pageau (Sakic can chat with agent about extension first)

To Ottawa
Tyson Jost or JT Compher
2021 2nd
Jost and a 2nd would an ideal deal for Ottawa. Brings in a young centre to replace Pageau who hopefully can improve with a change of scenery.

Goulet17

May 22, 2003
Ahh the classic hf " I want your valuable player but don't want to give anything valuable for him"

It really is more of "this is a rental UFA deadline transaction, so, accordingly, what is the typical cost in terms of assets that we have historically seen?"

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014

2nd and 3rd...yeah I think someone outbids that pretty easily

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Nah. Jost doesn't interest me.

Ottawa will be able to pry a first rounder from someone for Pageau.

Sensmileletsgo

Oct 22, 2018
Big nope here from COL. JGP is having a nice start, but im not falling for the 27 year old finally figured it out and is magically a 60 point player now.
He's not a 60 point forward now and he never was. Any GM that's trading for him is trading based on his body of work over the last 5 years. He's consistently been one of the best bottom 6 players in the league for a long time now.

If you dont want to offer the value that the OP offered that's fair. I dont think JGP will return as good as a roster player as Jost or Compher.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Big nope here from COL. JGP is having a nice start, but im not falling for the 27 year old finally figured it out and is magically a 60 point player now.

No you trade for him because you bring in a guy who immediately fills Josts role and gives us not only one of the best 3C's(and defensive forwards straight up), but also arguably the best 1-2-3 punch at C in the entire league. JPG is a beast who's good for 30-35 pts a year and elite shutdown abilities.

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
If there was a player from Ottawa we should've targetted, it was Dzingel this offseason.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
If there was a player from Ottawa we should've targetted, it was Dzingel this offseason.
This offseason he was UFA and before that he was with Columbus.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis

Yikes.

This thread is a good eye opener on how few Eastern Coference games Avs fans apparantly watch.

Acquiring JGP would have nothing to do with his production this year.

Hes one of the most versatile forwards in the game, on top of being one of the beat defensive forwards in the league.

He would be a massive add to the Avs forward depth and if the cost was Jost+ you make that deal plain and simple.

AvsCOL

Jul 16, 2013
Personally not a fan, but others will surely disagree. If we're going to lose Jost/Compher, it needs to be a legit 2nd line player, not another middle-six "tweener" that will only replace them.

If the price is right, then Pageau is a good player, but this seems like a marginal improvement at best, and then you have to re-sign him.

Reactions: JoemAvs

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
Whatever you think of the deal is fine... but placing Pageau's primary value on pts is kinda missing the point with the player.

Reactions: SnS and Boud

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad