GDT: Ottawa @ Carolina: Spooky Halloween was only a week ago edition

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
Blazing Saddles, way ahead of it's time, yet so far ahead of it's time that nobody would ever dare to make a move like that today.

Slap shot is so amazingly homophobic that it couldn't get made the same way today. I worry that it's going to get buried in the future because of it, even though it illustrates the time period perfectly.

Dec 30, 2013
:dunno: Because you responded immediately to an innocuous post that was tongue in cheek and keep responding?

I don't think more than 50% of kids 16-25 in this nation have seen Ghostbusters. Classic or not. Heck, I'd be surprised if there was any movie that >50% of kids 16-25 (or any age) have seen. Thus my statement stands.

Not sure how speed of response is relevant. I was reading the thread when you posted it, thus I responded quickly. That doesn't imply striking a nerve. And I'm an argumentative person, I do this for fun. That is why I keep responding. Of course, you keep responding. So by your own logic I probably struck a nerve.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Slap shot is so amazingly homophobic that it couldn't get made the same way today. I worry that it's going to get buried in the future because of it, even though it illustrates the time period perfectly.

I know. I remember when I showed (the unedited) version to my kids, a number of years back, I forgot how rough it was.

Oh, and "excuse my while I whip this out."

Boom Boom Apathy

Sep 6, 2006
Not sure how speed of response is relevant. I was reading the thread when you posted it, thus I responded quickly. That doesn't imply striking a nerve. And I'm an argumentative person, I do this for fun. That is why I keep responding. Of course, you keep responding. So by your own logic I probably struck a nerve.

No problem. Anyone with a username like yours has to be a bit cranky these days, so I understand it. :D

And I'm joking here, so just "lighten up Francis" (in the spirit of Bill Murray).

Boom Boom Apathy

Sep 6, 2006
Isn't anybody going to help that poor man? Hush, Harriet! That's a sure way to get him killed!

Sens1Canes2

May 13, 2007
Canes deserved the two points, they really dominated play for the vast majority of the game. Only reason Ottawa led was Hammond. Obviously I'm p*sssd the WAY the Canes won, but really they played well.

My record when watching the Sens in Raleigh is so bad, I don't know why i go.

And Ghostbusters isn't known by any young people I know, lol.

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
Ha, I was going to post that but thought better of it, but not sure why.

Haha, that's tame for this one.

The best one is when Slim Pickens says they can't afford to lose horses so send a couple of (bad words). So awful, but that's the whole point of the movie.

Dec 30, 2013
No problem. Anyone with a username like yours has to be a bit cranky these days, so I understand it. :D

And I'm joking here, so just "lighten up Francis" (in the spirit of Bill Murray).

:laugh: I've never actually been a big fan of Jordan Staal, I just have always disliked Eric for some reason. And because we acquired Jordan, I chose this as my name.

Boom Boom Apathy

Sep 6, 2006
I have to admit, that in addition to Blazing Saddles, the other movies I probably quote the most are My Cousin Vinny, Diehard, and Joe Dirt. By no means great movies (although My Cousin Vinny was quite good), but some quotable lines none the less.

"How exactly does the posi-trac rear end on a Plymouth work!? It just does. It just does."

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
I have to admit, that in addition to Blazing Saddles, the other movies I probably quote the most are My Cousin Vinny, Diehard, and Joe Dirt. By no means great movies (although My Cousin Vinny was quite good), but some quotable lines none the less.

"How exactly does the posi-trac rear end on a Plymouth work!? It just does. It just does."

You're talkin about my guy here all wrong, it's the wrong tone, do it again and I'll stab you in the face with a sodering iron.

Anton Dubinchuk

aho
Sponsor
Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
well, date night tonight, didnt catch any of the game until ot (checked my phone after dinner and asked gf "i know this is really obnoxious but the canes are in ot can we watch on my phone in the car?" lol)

in addition to whatever can be said by people that actually watched the game, this team is bizarrely good with an empty net

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad