GDT: Ottawa @ Buffalo | 7:00 p.m. | Sportsnet, TVA | CONY 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark Effin Stone

I miss Kuba
May 10, 2010
Stockholm
Sweet GDT! Hoping for a lot of minutes for Conacher tonight, looks a bit like that Gallagher kid from MTL from my limited viewings on ytube, alot of hustle.

Go Sens Go and crush the Sabres!

The Wyzerhood

A league of his own
Oct 3, 2008
We could only compare Lehner & Bishop to Anderson, and frankly every goalie would be wildly inconsistent compared to Anderson. I don't remember bad games (except his first game), just few normal bad goals. Too early to know whether he'll be a solid #1 but Ottawa would have kept him if not for our goalie situation. It seems goalie's prime is in their 30s so Bishop is young in that regard.

I think its more that we've been SPOILED with our goaltending this year. Comparing to Lehner and Andy it seems like he's inconsistent - but that's only because neither Lehner nor Andy have had a bad game this year. One so-so game from Lehner, otherwise he and Andy have been fantastic. Bish had a bad outing early (Tampa) but other than that he's been very good. As good as Lehner or Andy? No. But still very good.

Thanks for the responses guys.

BeerandHockey

╚(Þ_Þ)╝
Jun 10, 2009
BAR_B_Q_HAVEN
Nice GDT. Go Sens and Go Honey Badger!
images

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
We have owned Buffalo in recent years and really need a win

These are the kinds of game I label as must win: an opponent we are good against, they are below us in the standings and we are tied for fifth with a game in hand

muffin with tentacle

Jan 28, 2006
Ottawa
After we signed Marc, I said to myself “Methinks Marc will be a great addition.†It looks like Methot right!

I invited Dave to Mt. Tremblant, but unfortunately he Dziurzynski.

Those are the best puns I had, but let’s see if you can Condra up some better ones!

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Lehner starting could be interesting

He deserves a win so they might give him the start against Buffalo to get him a win because this game is a game we should be able to win

And it gives Anderson a bit more time to be on the safe side

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
I thought tonight would be a good time to get Andy a game. Low pressure situation against a team that is struggling.

Either way excited for the game. Hope Conacher brings it!

Slow Hands

The feels
Feb 3, 2009
Ottawa
Hope they **** up Buffalo on the score sheet. Or at the very least don't lose this one. Really need the two points.

danishh

Dec 9, 2006
YOW
per brennan, looks like lehner gets the start.

edit:
Ian Mendes ‏@ian_mendes 5m
Robin Lehner just confirmed he's starting tonight here in Buffalo.

Last edited:

gmyx

Aug 14, 2008
Sensville
Hope the Sens are up by more than one goal so I don't have to hear *again* how many games against Buffalo are one goal games. Gah!

YouGotAStuGoing

Mar 26, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
After we signed Marc, I said to myself “Methinks Marc will be a great addition.†It looks like Methot right!

I invited Dave to Mt. Tremblant, but unfortunately he Dziurzynski.

Those are the best puns I had, but let’s see if you can Condra up some better ones!

That Dziurzynski pun was nothing short of brilliance. :handclap:

To those asking about lineups, anything I could have possibly posted would've been from last game and therefore outdated. We know Vanek won't go for BUF, Lehner's getting the start, and Hoffman will sit this one out. Other than that, your guess is good as mine.

Smart money's on a Conacher - Zib - Silf line, though.

Jan 19, 2006
Calgary
Getting sick of these ridiculous GDT's. I come here to see the line-ups and you don't even know/post it. Instead I get a bunch of crap that has nothing to do with the game. All the people supporting these threads are ruining this site.

Anyone that has every actually made a GDT knows it's ridiculously hard to actually know the lineups at the time we need to actually post the GDT on the board (let alone when we are putting together the GDT beforehand), when the lineups are changed as often as they are, and how many last minute lineup changes actually happen.

Oftentimes we don't even know who's in the lineup or who's starting in net until the game starts.

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
Conacher may be tiny...but he's still bigger than Gerbe. :laugh:

Also gonna be a homecoming for Conacher, coming back to where he played his college puck. Tampa was scheduled to visit Buffalo this year in about a week, so this will be his first game back in Buffalo.

YouGotAStuGoing

Mar 26, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
Per Sylvain St. Laurent, practice lines were:

Latendresse-Turris-Alfredsson,
Conacher-Zibanejad-Silfverberg,
Greening-Smith-Neil,
Kassian-Regin-Condra

Phillips-Méthot,
Lundin-Gonchar,
Wiercioch-Gryba,
Cowen-Benoît (expected to sit, I assume)

Lehner gets the start.

EDIT: Yup. Benoit and O'Brien healthy scratches.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad