Post-Game Talk: Ottawa at Winnipeg - Petaning all the way

allan5oh

Has prospect fever
Oct 15, 2011
So was Burmistrov upset that he was on the 3rd line, or that Jokinen was playing ahead of him? Those are two completely different things.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Agree. Oct 12th against the Kings last year, this was our line-up:

Ladd - Little - Frolik
Buff - Scheif - Wheels
Lowry - Perreault - Galiardi
Halischuk - Slater - Thorburn

Stuart - Trouba
Bogo - Enstrom
Postma - Pardy

Pav
Hutch

I'll take this year's starting line-up, thankyouverymuch.

Ya , it's alot better than last year , is Maurice resting Trouba tonight or is he hurt ? And i want Hellagoaile as the backup , i just don't have much confidence in Hutch .

Puckatron 3000

Glitchy Prototype
Feb 4, 2014
Offensive Zone
The reason I bring it up is would he be upset if he was put on the 3rd line right now? What if it was to play with Lowry and Stafford?

Pretty sure the answer is no, he wouldn't be upset. But that may be as much to do with a more mature Burmi as having a better team he's slotting in to.

Burmi has been really positive and very much "whatever the coach wants me to do" in his interviews.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
I think Burmi was upset that there was less skilled guys getting bigger roles with the other skilled guys. He can't really be upset if he's playing anywhere in this lineup. It's solid from top to bottom. But him playing with arguably the most skilled guys we have coming into the season, he's probably over the top for tonights game.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
So was Burmistrov upset that he was on the 3rd line, or that Jokinen was playing ahead of him? Those are two completely different things.

I think he was upset because Noel got after him every time he tried to carry the puck instead of banging it off the glass for a zone exit or entry. Maurice is much more interested in puck control.

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
I think he was upset because Noel got after him every time he tried to carry the puck instead of banging it off the glass for a zone exit or entry. Maurice is much more interested in puck control.

Another reason why Noel is/was a terrible coach.

CaptainChef

Jan 5, 2014
Bedroom Jetsville
Honestly I'd much rather have Stafford on the 3rd line. I think Perreault should be on the left side of Scheifele. My lines:

Ladd - Little - Wheeler
Perreault - Scheifele - Ehlers
Burmistrov - Lowry - Stafford
Petan - Copp - Thorburn

Yes please. Switch Ehlers -Wheels if you like but these lines would be ideal.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Honestly I'd much rather have Stafford on the 3rd line. I think Perreault should be on the left side of Scheifele. My lines:

Ladd - Little - Wheeler
Perreault - Scheifele - Ehlers
Burmistrov - Lowry - Stafford
Petan - Copp - Thorburn

:thumbu:

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
The reason I bring it up is would he be upset if he was put on the 3rd line right now? What if it was to play with Lowry and Stafford?

I'm guessing no problem. He's changed and so have the linemates. I think it was playing behind Olli more than anything else.

Tasteless Beaver

Here for the hot takes
Jul 8, 2015
Ottawa, Ontario
I think this is the way it should be. Not sure why Trouba has the night off, but Postma as 7D and Raffl hopefully as 13F, we're doing okay in case someone goes down.

garret9

AKA#VitoCorrelationi
Mar 31, 2012
Vancouver
www.hockey-graphs.com

His wording from the only time he mentioned it made it seem like it was either one of three things:
a) Jokinen was playing ahead of him when he didn't think he deserved it
b) Noel's communication on why it was happening or how Burmi could earn back a top 6 spot
c) combination thereof

It was not clear what (Noel) expected from me? It was just hard. I knew I could fit into the top two lines. But coach wanted Jokinen, expect he would do much to help the team. And he was given more and more playing time. Perhaps that broke me. But do not worry. It's an experience.

garret9

AKA#VitoCorrelationi
Mar 31, 2012
Vancouver
www.hockey-graphs.com
I truly thought Noel had a communication problem, and lots here thought I was just defending Burmistrov when I said it and I got a bit of flak from some about me not being a NHL coach like Noel.

Later we had this quote above from Burmi.

Then that debacle with Kane saying he didn't know why he was a healthy scratch that one game in November 2013 (long ago, not tracksuitghazzi).

Then Kane saying this:
Yeah, it's weird. Sometimes you have a couple of games with a line and suddenly things switch and you don't know why. Not even an injury.

Then when Maurice comes in, all of Ladd, Little, Wheeler, and Frolik all mention how the big difference is communication or how things are taught.

I don't know... Just me saying 2 years later, maybe I was right... maybe.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
I think this is the way it should be. Not sure why Trouba has the night off, but Postma as 7D and Raffl hopefully as 13F, we're doing okay in case someone goes down.

Trouba played in the last 2 games and 3 of the 4 so far. Postma needs to play a bit also

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
I truly thought Noel had a communication problem, and lots here thought I was just defending Burmistrov when I said it and I got a bit of flak from some about me not being a NHL coach like Noel.

Later we had this quote above from Burmi.

Then that debacle with Kane saying he didn't know why he was a healthy scratch that one game in November 2013 (long ago, not tracksuitghazzi).

Then Kane saying this:

Then when Maurice comes in, all of Ladd, Little, Wheeler, and Frolik all mention how the big difference is communication or how things are taught.

I don't know... Just me saying 2 years later, maybe I was right... maybe.

You're right. Noel is a terrible NHL coach. I said this well before I joined the forum. The guy had no business coaching an NHL team. You can just look at the way he used his lines and matchups. The strategies...it made me angry to watch Jets games in those days. He just had no concept of how to use a player and a line. And obviously had trouble communicating things because he didn't understand them himself.

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
You're right. Noel is a terrible NHL coach. I said this well before I joined the forum. The guy had no business coaching an NHL team. You can just look at the way he used his lines and matchups. The strategies...it made me angry to watch Jets games in those days. He just had no concept of how to use a player and a line. And obviously had trouble communicating things because he didn't understand them himself.

Yeah, I think it's become pretty apparent that Noel wasn't a great NHL coach - given that he hasn't had a sniff in coaching other than a few months with a junior team since getting dumped here...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad