Proposal: Ottawa and Nashville

BurgoShark

Jul 1, 2004
Gold Coast
Hoffman to Nshville has been proposed before. Sens fans always want Ekholm. Nashville aren't trading him, and that would probably create a n expansion draft issue for Ottawa anyway. I think that "if" the negotiations go bad and Ottawa is forced to trade Hoffman the best starting point would be Colin Wilson. Nashville would need to add.

Gotta remember that Hoffman trade availability is purely speculation based on his perceived salary demands and his perceived relationship with the (now former) coach.

My counter offer to the OP would be Hoffman for Wilson + 1st . This covers both the short term (Wilson is UFA after 3 seasons) and potential long term needs of the organisation.

Last edited:

PredsHabs

Jul 9, 2013
Lyles,TN
I would give you Wilson + 2017 1st for Hoffman, probably would add another small piece to make it work if need be.

KevinRedkey

12/18/23 and beyond!
Jan 22, 2010
Is Fiala exempt from the Expansion draft?
If so, Ottawa might settle for him and a pick, seeing as that would maybe allow then to keep their top 4D, as well as their now 4 (was 5 with Hoff) important forwards.

Last edited:

ThirdManIn

Aug 9, 2009
Is Dials exempt from the Expansion draft?
If so, Ottawa might settle for him and a pick, seeing as that would maybe allow then to keep their top 4D, as well as their now 4 (was 5 with Hoff) important forwards.

I'm going to assume you mean Fiala and it auto corrected on you, so, yes, he is exempt.

Any idea how much Hoffman is wanting on his next deal?

UAGoalieGuy

Dec 29, 2005
Richmond, VA
Is Nashville looking for a top 6 center or winger? Looks like you have around $8 million in cap space left and still have to resign Jarnkrok.

Would Nash with $2.8 million retained ($5 million cap hit for 2 years, would not be required to be protected) or Brassard ($5 million cap hit for 3 more years) be of interest?

edguy

Feb 5, 2014
Charlottetown, PEI
OP offer was pretty bad, but Hoffman isn't worth Ekholm to Nashville. If that's what it takes, no deal to be made here.

Well then no deal. Your going to have to give up real value for him. No mediocre prospect and a pick.
The deal has to make Ottawa at least just as competitive, not worse

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Well then no deal. Your going to have to give up real value for him. No mediocre prospect and a pick.
The deal has to make Ottawa at least just as competitive, not worse
The point isn't "we won't pay that much", it's "we can't send a defenseman".

KevinRedkey

12/18/23 and beyond!
Jan 22, 2010
I'm going to assume you mean Fiala and it auto corrected on you, so, yes, he is exempt.

Any idea how much Hoffman is wanting on his next deal?

Yes haha.
My guess is a 3yr deal in the 5.000/season ballpark.

We don't want to trade him. We simply have an internal budget and he may be pricing himself outside of that. If that's the case, then we will lose whichever trade we are forced to make.

What does Fiala project as? I'd only be interested if he has reasonable top 6 upside, and because he's expansion exempt.

jusu11

Jun 27, 2012
As a Preds fan I feel Turris or Zibanejad would be a great fit for the team. Don´t know if you want to let either of those players leave but would like to know if one could be acquired without giving up any of our top4 defenseman?

Would a trade like this work for Sens perspective?

to Nashville
Turris

to Ottawa
Smith/Wilson
prospect (Aberg/Trenin)
3rd/4th round pick

I might be far off but what do you say?

IranCondraAffair

Mar 10, 2006
As a Preds fan I feel Turris or Zibanejad would be a great fit for the team. Don´t know if you want to let either of those players leave but would like to know if one could be acquired without giving up any of our top4 defenseman?

to Nashville
Turris

to Ottawa
Smith/Wilson
prospect (Aberg/Trenin)
3rd/4th round pick

Please stop.

GWNR

Dec 10, 2013
Ottawa, Ontario

to Nashville
Turris

to Ottawa
Smith/Wilson
prospect (Aberg/Trenin)
3rd/4th round pick

First, I laugh. Then I say no.

How in the world does that make Ottawa a better organization? That 3rd round pick may put us over the hump!!

This isn't NHL16 where you need to add enough crappy pieces for the value bar to equal out.

since92

May 9, 2011

to Nashville
Turris

to Ottawa
Smith/Wilson
prospect (Aberg/Trenin)
3rd/4th round pick

Counter:

To Ottawa
Johansen

To Nashville
Zibanejad
Prospect (Puempel / Paul)
3rd/4th round pick

I might be far off what do you say?

jusu11

Jun 27, 2012
First, I laugh. Then I say no.

How in the world does that make Ottawa a better organization? That 3rd round pick may put us over the hump!!

This isn't NHL16 where you need to add enough crappy pieces for the value bar to equal out.

Yeah it's answers like this why I don't always like these boards. If it is not fair value you can just say it and ask for something more. No need to be rude.

What would be the asking price for Turris/Zibanejad?

IranCondraAffair

Mar 10, 2006
Yeah it's answers like this why I don't always like these boards. If it is not fair value you can just say it and ask for something more. No need to be rude.

What would be the asking price for Turris/Zibanejad?

A 1st or 2nd line centre signed to a reasonable contract.

Roman Yoshi

Aug 16, 2009
Franklin, TN
I apologize for these bad initial offers. Truly, they are bad.

Here is one I would propose:

Colin Wilson
Alex Carrier
2017 First

For
Rights to Dustin Hoffman

This gives you a decent player to cover Hoffman's offensive output while also giving you a promising prospect and a first.

since92

May 9, 2011
I apologize for these bad initial offers. Truly, they are bad.

Here is one I would propose:

Colin Wilson
Alex Carrier
2017 First

For
Rights to Dustin Hoffman

This gives you a decent player to cover Hoffman's offensive output while also giving you a promising prospect and a first.

Value is there if Hoffman can't come to terms on a deal.

I'm not a huge Wilson fan, Sens would need to replace Hoffmans scoring. Carrier and the 1st are decent adds however.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad