Proposal: Ottawa and Nashville

maplepred

Go Preds Go!!
Aug 14, 2011
Since the preds really need at least one more top six forward big time, and we did not get any of the big free agents, I have heard that Hoffman may possibly be available from Ottawa, I think he is a guy that would excel in Nashville.

What would it take to get him?

Pontus Aberg and a second round pick for Hoffman??

maplepred

Go Preds Go!!
Aug 14, 2011
I dont know what the sens need, would you prefer just a first round pick for him??

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
You want a near-30 goal scorer for an alright prospect and a 2nd?

Would you give up Neal for Puempel and a 2nd?

IranCondraAffair

Mar 10, 2006
If Ottawa, a team looking to make the playoffs, makes Hoffman available, I seriously doubt that will be the type or quality of offer they get.

maplepred

Go Preds Go!!
Aug 14, 2011
Ok My bad
I just thought he was on the trading block. I mean Brian Elliot is a stud goalie and he went for a 2nd and a 3rd.

So Hoffman is not on the trade block???

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
Ok My bad
I just thought he was on the trading block. I mean Brian Elliot is a stud goalie and he went for a 2nd and a 3rd.

Hoffman is only on the block if contract negotiations are going badly. So, no clue if he is or isn't.

Elliot is a low-end starter. A backup without Hitchcock.

Gh24

Feb 12, 2014
Any word on his conract negotiations? Why is he possibly available?

If we are trading Hoffman we need a mid 20's scoring left winger coming back.

Closest we could offer is Wilson (26). More of a set-up guy, so not quite what you're looking for as a replacement, but if Hoffman's negotiations come to a dead end, who knows. Not holding my breath tho :laugh:

HoffmanIsGod68

Mar 1, 2015
Cornwall, Ontario
Ok My bad

*DISCLAIMER* MY USERNAME DOES NOT PROVIDE ANY BIAS TO THIS POST, I AM SPEAKING FROM A NEUTRAL PERSPECTIVE

If he was on the block, make an offer for a 30/30 winger who has one of the best releases in the sport. A 40 point AHL winger and a 2nd is simply laughable.

I personally see no deal to be made between Ottawa and Nashville involving Hoffman even if he were to be on the block.

Awful proposal.

Not Jared Cowen

Oct 1, 2004
Ok My bad

Goalie market is over saturated because of the upcoming expansion draft.

Our left side after Hoffman is one giant question mark after another (health risk MacArthur, overachieving high% shooting Zack Smith and a rookie spot)

Basically if you want Hoffman we need Hoffman coming back, as stupid as that sounds.

50 in 07

Feb 10, 2016
Since the preds really need at least one more top six forward big time, and we did not get any of the big free agents, I have heard that Hoffman may possibly be available from Ottawa, I think he is a guy that would excel in Nashville.

What would it take to get him?

Pontus Aberg and a second round pick for Hoffman??

Ah you know what, wasn't sure about it but the second really puts it over the top. Deal. :sarcasm:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad