Ottawa 67's 2023-24 Season Thread (Part One)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BarberPole9

Nov 3, 2013
Ottawa
The OA market seems to be very cheap right now. Simpson traded for Bowen and a 3rd and Savard moving for an 8th. Maybe now would be a good time to buy that top 4 D that we’ve been talking about.

I’ve got lots of optimism for the year. Our 17, 18 and 19 year olds carried the water in the first half last year and I would expect another year of growth from Cameron’s great coaching. I’ve heard lots of buzz about Uronen and Kelly having great training camps. When you add them to the current core, the team may be set at Forward.

I’m fairly confident that the 67’s will win the East division by a wide margin.

mianjo

Jan 16, 2009
Luca Pinelli, Columbus Blue Jackets, 4th round ’23 (returned to OTT Sept. 23)
Brady Stonehouse, Edmonton Oilers, Free agent invite (returned to OTT Sept. 26)

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
The OA market seems to be very cheap right now. Simpson traded for Bowen and a 3rd and Savard moving for an 8th. Maybe now would be a good time to buy that top 4 D that we’ve been talking about.

I’ve got lots of optimism for the year. Our 17, 18 and 19 year olds carried the water in the first half last year and I would expect another year of growth from Cameron’s great coaching. I’ve heard lots of buzz about Uronen and Kelly having great training camps. When you add them to the current core, the team may be set at Forward.

I’m fairly confident that the 67’s will win the East division by a wide margin.

I’m very bullish on Kelly. I honestly think his bar needs to be set at what Foster managed last year. I think he will not only exceed that, but he will do it with a little more jam.

I only saw Uronen a little bit but from what I saw, he is great. I am not sure what his proclivity is around the danger zones, whether he will get a little dirty and enter then with confidence but if he does, he will be a good addition.

I would still say that if we can snag an OA Centre at a reasonable cost, we should do it. It could move Pinelli back to wing. It could stretch out the lines while keeping Pinelli at centre. Either way, it gives them flexibility and room for injury.

I think it is a no brainer to add a D-Man IF ONE is available at a reasonable cost. We can always shit that player out at the deadline and get back what we paid If it looks like there ends up not being a need.

Savard for an 8th screams it is possible he won’t return and will sign pro. Either that or another shoe will drop soon. Tyler Savard returning 100% to the OHL and playing for Kingston for an 8th is a massive steal if that is the case. He’s an agitating point per game player.

Cowans is a solid prospect goalie and should be a good player for Peterborough for a few years. That return is good for Simpson. It may not be quite the same as what I was talking about when discussing Leenders being traded in a Donoso deal but if Conan’s were a player I thought would be available, I’d have thought that would be close to the same, especially considering what he did last year in the back half and the playoffs for the Knights.

Last edited:

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
I’m very bullish on Kelly. I honestly think his bar needs to be set at what Foster managed last year. I think he will not only exceed that, but he will do it with a little more jam.

I only saw Uronen a little bit but from what I saw, he is great. I am not sure what his proclivity is around the danger zones, whether he will get a little dirty and enter then with confidence but if he does, he will be a good addition.

I would still say that if we can snag an OA Centre at a reasonable cost, we should do it. It could move Pinelli back to wing. It could stretch out the lines while keeping Pinelli at centre. Either way, it gives them flexibility and room for injury.

I think it is a no brainer to add a D-Man IF ONE is available at a reasonable cost. We can always shit that player out at the deadline and get back what we paid If it looks like there ends up not being a need.

Savard for an 8th screams it is possible he won’t return and will sign pro. Either that or another shoe will drop soon. Tyler Savard returning 100% to the OHL and playing for Kingston for an 8th is a massive steal if that is the case. He’s an agitating point per game player.
Too many available OA LW that are similar in that they are big, physical, and can provide offence.
Gilmartin waived, Savard 8th, Martin, Ertel, Lawrence…
Cowans is a solid prospect goalie and should be a good player for Peterborough for a few years. That return is good for Simpson. It may not be quite the same as what I was talking about when discussing Leenders being traded in a Donoso deal but if Conan’s were a player I thought would be available, I’d have thought that would be close to the same, especially considering what he did last year in the back half and the playoffs for the Knights.

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
Too many available OA LW that are similar in that they are big, physical, and can provide offence.
Gilmartin waived, Savard 8th, Martin, Ertel, Lawrence…

I don’t see a gap between Beck and Savard that suggests that is a fair deal. I don’t think that is a valid argument because I can waive the Beck trade and cry bullshit… the same way you waive Gilmartin.

We will have to wait and see what they others end up being dealt for Before we can point to Gilmartin and use that to rationalize the Savard trade.

Reactions: Fastpace

Petes1987

Oct 13, 2013
I don’t see a gap between Beck and Savard that suggests that is a fair deal. I don’t think that is a valid argument because I can waive the Beck trade and cry bullshit… the same way you waive Gilmartin.

We will have to wait and see what they others end up being dealt for Before we can point to Gilmartin and use that to rationalize the Savard trade.
I think the return for Tyler Savard is a bit low. Last year Panwar Sahil cost the Petes a 4th, 5th and a 6th, Savard is a better player than Panwar was at this time last year. I think this trade is an outliner and players like Connor Lockhart (I doubt he is traded), Pasquale Zito and Deni Goure would have a higher return if they were traded.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015

Beck is really the only LW you can truly differentiate though, and I think he has higher offensive upside in addition to a better fit for the hounds style.
Would Barrie if not loaded with forwards prefer Beck over the bigger better board player for their cycling game, probably not. But if both SSM (not a fast team to start) & London prefer Beck for a much different puck possession style over the power forward, the cost is normal.

Last edited:

beastintheeast

Mar 27, 2013
Who are the OA centers that are avail?? I would prefer getting an OA center than a defenceman unless the D s a top 3 D

beastintheeast

Mar 27, 2013
Is it my imagination or is the roster on the website short a few players? I thought we could carry more than 22 players

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022

Looks like he will be playing with Kingston

Attachments

• IMG_6863.png
    IMG_6863.png
    551.7 KB · Views: 5
Reactions: HF92

beastintheeast

Mar 27, 2013
Happy Birthday to Riley Raccon 30 years old on the 27th.
1695868431257.png

Trivia question: what was Rileys first jersey number

Reactions: HF92

HF92

Oct 14, 2017
SSM
www.facebook.com
Tyler Savard will play in the OHL this year. I'm not sure what the argument is. Kingston just got a solid kid for an 8th, point per game and even if just shy he's going to rip the shirt off his back for his team. You keep him out of the penalty box and you're good.

Im a massive Savard fan.

I don't know where the Savard-to-Beck comparisons come in though...I felt Savard was a bit too slow for the Soo team.

Reactions: frontsfan67

HF92

Oct 14, 2017
SSM
www.facebook.com
I think the return for Tyler Savard is a bit low. Last year Panwar Sahil cost the Petes a 4th, 5th and a 6th, Savard is a better player than Panwar was at this time last year. I think this trade is an outliner and players like Connor Lockhart (I doubt he is traded), Pasquale Zito and Deni Goure would have a higher return if they were traded.

In comparison to what Kyle Raftis got for Tyler Savard, yeah very low. Which is insane for an 11th round pick lol

a second-round pick (2024 Flint), two third-rounders (2025 Kingston and 2026 Saginaw), and a fourth-round pick (2024 London).

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Huh? You might want to look again. They look pretty quick this year.
Didn’t watch much pre-season honestly, bits of hounds-wolves game.
But based on players I have seen compared to hounds teams of a few years ago and the competition this season, I think the hounds were not a fast team at forward at least.

mianjo

Jan 16, 2009
The Ottawa 67's are proud to announce that Luca Pinelli has been named as our captain. Congrats, Lu!

Reactions: rangersblues

BarberPole9

Nov 3, 2013
Ottawa

Great season preview from JF Plante.

My main takeaway was that Coach Cameron said that they are looking for an Overage forward.

yacky

Jun 28, 2018

Great season preview from JF Plante.

My main takeaway was that Coach Cameron said that they are looking for an Overage forward.
Zito might be available?

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Zito might be available?
Maybe.
It makes sense; would be close to home for Zito playing on a good team and for a good coach I think, positionally a good fit for the ‘67s, and the Battalion are not likely getting an acceptable offer for Ertel.

Last edited:

BarberPole9

Nov 3, 2013
Ottawa
Opening Day is finally here! A couple quick questions:

1) Who starts in nets? My guess is Mackenzie.
2) Who will be the Centers? My guess is Gardiner, Pinelli, Foster and Whitehead with Barlas on the wing.
3) Who are they targeting as an OA F? Zito or Kaleb Lawrence from OS are both very productive and local options.

Stellar29

Sep 12, 2016
Owen Sound
Opening Day is finally here! A couple quick questions:

1) Who starts in nets? My guess is Mackenzie.
2) Who will be the Centers? My guess is Gardiner, Pinelli, Foster and Whitehead with Barlas on the wing.
3) Who are they targeting as an OA F? Zito or Kaleb Lawrence from OS are both very productive and local options.
I think Ottawa and Owen Sound make a lot of sense. I think the preference would be for Owen Sound to deal with an eastern conference team to clear their OA situation. The general consensus in Owen Sound is Sam Sedley and Ethan Burroughs are locks. Kaleb Lawrence and Deni Goure are the two names it comes down to.

Reactions: BarberPole9

Section5Petes

Nov 14, 2022
I think Ottawa and Owen Sound make a lot of sense. I think the preference would be for Owen Sound to deal with an eastern conference team to clear their OA situation. The general consensus in Owen Sound is Sam Sedley and Ethan Burroughs are locks. Kaleb Lawrence and Deni Goure are the two names it comes down to.
At this point in time, definitely seems like Kaleb Lawrence will be dealt. Owen Sound wants to make a push this year and a Goure-Barlow combo is a good starting point. Now of course if Owen Sound is out of it by the deadline, then Goure would be a premier forward on the market no doubt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce