MacArthur-Brassard-Ryan
Smith-Pageau-Lazar
Pyatt-Kelly-Neil,Paul,Dzingel,McCormick,Puempel,Downie,other PTO

Methot-Karlsson
Phaneuf-Ceci
Seidenberg,Bartkowski,Borowiecki,Claesson-Wideman

Anderson
Hamburglar

Suck it Eastern Conference, we're coming for you. Deepest team we've had in 10 years.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Hoffman-Turris-Stone
MacArthur-Brassard-Ryan
Smith-Pageau-Lazar

Methot-Karlsson
Phaneuf-Ceci

Anderson
Hamburglar

Suck it Eastern Conference, we're coming for you. Deepest team we've had in 10 years.
Best team we have seen on paper for a long time ,god i hope we stay healthy

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
yes and potentially best coaching staff we've had in a long time too.

delchief

Jun 10, 2006
Hoffman-Turris-Stone
MacArthur-Brassard-Ryan
Smith-Pageau-Lazar

Methot-Karlsson
Phaneuf-Ceci

Anderson
Hamburglar

These are the most common lines and D pairings that have been proposed and they're pretty good. Although I would be inclined to do this instead with lines #2 and #3:

Smith - Brassard - Ryan
MacArthur - Pageau - Lazar

And that's assuming Lazar earns the #3 RW spot in camp, which I think he can do. To me, this is a more balanced lineup and prevents other teams from stacking their top-4 D against our top-6 forwards.

The Penguins had (and still have) such a balanced lineup with guys like Malkin and Kunitz technically playing their 3rd line. We can't hope for that kind of skill distribution but we can at least spread the wealth a little.

Also, the way Paul looked at the rookie tournament I hope they give him a long look in camp. Big guy, fast, young. I think he should get serious consideration for that 4th line LW spot.

spader

Oct 13, 2013
Saskatchewan
Hoffman-Turris-Stone
MacArthur-Brassard-Ryan
Smith-Pageau-Lazar

Methot-Karlsson
Phaneuf-Ceci

Anderson
Hamburglar

I think a lot of the call-ups from last year will stay in Bingo.

Hoffman-Turris-Stone
Mac-Brass-Ryan
Smith-JGP-Lazar
Paul-Kelly-Neil
Pyatt

Meth-EK
Phaneuf-Ceci
Seidenberg-Wideman
Boro (I'm expecting them not to sign Bart, or to sign him to a 2-way and send him down.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Don't know where to post this, but Chris Wideman changed his jersey number to 6.

Rand0m

Oct 2, 2011
Anyone else have a feeling we'll see a Karlsson - Phaneuf pairing way more often this season and not just on the PP? I have a bad feeling that Methot will decline this year, he seems to have had a nagging injury the past few seasons.

The left side still makes me nervous, I think getting Seidenberg as a bottom 4 is exactly what this team needs.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Anyone else have a feeling we'll see a Karlsson - Phaneuf pairing way more often this season and not just on the PP? I have a bad feeling that Methot will decline this year, he seems to have had a nagging injury the past few seasons.

The left side still makes me nervous, I think getting Seidenberg as a bottom 4 is exactly what this team needs.

Yea, also, the thought of having another shot weapon on the ice aside from Karlsson is excellent. How many times has Karlsson been double covered and Methot had wide open lane but his shot isn't all that good.

I definitely think we see a bunch of Phaneuf-Karlsson.

Viletho

Jan 20, 2015
Yea, also, the thought of having another shot weapon on the ice aside from Karlsson is excellent. How many times has Karlsson been double covered and Methot had wide open lane but his shot isn't all that good.

I definitely think we see a bunch of Phaneuf-Karlsson.

You mean putting the puck behind the net? right.

Because we all know that's all Methot does with the puck in the O-zone.

Why would we put our only 2 playmakers on the same line?

And Brassard already said he is playing with Mac and Ryan.

Brassard is probably going to play with Ryan and Mac to start the season. But if Brassard and Ryan isn't working. It's not out of realm to imagine some change in the lineup and see Stone and Brassard together, at some point. Especially since we know that Turris and Ryan, normally work well together.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010

I didn't like Phaneuf with Karlsson at ES. Though we only did it when trailing and needing offense, so hard to judge how it would work out in close situations, I found that Phaneuf wasn't a quick enough skater to get back when Karlsson would go deeper into the OZ.

I'd rather keep Phaneuf with Ceci who play well off each other, and if Methot does decline, look into alternate options at that time (like Claesson, or whoever our 6th D is). I'm not big on Boro with Karlsson as an option, but to be honest, they didn't do too bad together the year Methot missed the first half. It's one of the few times that Boro actually played within his abilities and wasn't a liability (though he did really kill Karlsson's offense as the opposition really focused on getting Karlsson to dish off to his partner).

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Our right side is now #65, #6 and #5. I would feel sorry for Bob Cole, but he calls them all "the Sens defenseman" anyways, so I don't think it matters.

Over under on how long before Cole calls "Wideman" "Ryan" and "Ryan" "Michalek"?

Viletho

Jan 20, 2015
Boro will make the same $$ as pageau.

Wait after this year.

Pageau is going to have a nice contract, while Boro.. well.. isn't going to have much much more time playing in the nhl. Except if he step up. Which then will be fine for us.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad