Value of: Ottawa’s first round pick (4th overall)

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
I don't think Chevy would be interested in trading Trouba top pairing D for a pick but who knows.....depends on other offers and if Trouba will sign long term. Maybe something around Trouba

Bongsong

May 5, 2018
  1. Ryan, B ($2,000,000 retained)
  2. Stone, M
  3. Smith, Z
  4. Pageau, J
  5. 2018 1st round pick (OTT)
OTT

1. Hamilton, D.
  2. Ferland, M.
  3. Backlund M.
  4. Rittitch D

GuyBoucherEvilGenius

Nov 23, 2017
Essentially untradeable. I was thinking combining younger players the Wild have. Players that Ottawa might actually want.

Ottawa would have interest in Granlund, Zucker, Nino, Coyle, Brodin, Dumba, Spurgeon, and maybe Eriksson Ek to a lesser extent.

I've long admired Minnesota's roster from afar. Thought they should be in the mix for the WCF over the last few years.

SPF6ty9

Feb 22, 2016
Caca Poopoo Peepee Shire
I get that he has term and is a few years younger. But if the Sens were to trade 4th overall for Dougie Hamilton and probably not even recoup the same value for Karlsson if he were traded, I would go insane.

Plus if the "plan" is to be believed (I say that lightly since the plan went from lets go for the cup to lets rebuild this thing over the course of less than a season...yes our management apparently has that bad of a pulse on this team) then Hamilton will be in the position we're in with Karlsson right now when we're getting ready to contend again and we'll have traded away a pick who would be starting to get established in the NHL at that time.

I don't see any way this pick is in play for a trade unless it's moving up or down in the draft. It just doesn't make sense, but I mean discuss away I guess.

rockinghockey

Oct 22, 2008
I could never understand that Duchene deal worse trade ever.
They should of just traded Turris andkept the assets.
They could of did a quick rebuild with those assets, this year’s first, Karlsson trade and next year’s first

Bongsong

May 5, 2018
CAL
  1. Ryan, B ($2,000,000 retained)
  2. Stone, M
  3. Smith, Z
  4. Pageau, J
  5. 2018 1st round pick (OTT)
OTT

1. Hamilton, D.
  2. Ferland, M.
  3. Backlund M.
  4. Rittitch D.
Need some feed back new to this.
Also then OTT trades Erik K for a massive hull.
I think it makes both teams better and Calgary also takes on extra cap after signing stone

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Ottawa would have interest in Granlund, Zucker, Nino, Coyle, Brodin, Dumba, Spurgeon, and maybe Eriksson Ek to a lesser extent.

I've long admired Minnesota's roster from afar. Thought they should be in the mix for the WCF over the last few years.
Would love Brodin, but not sure I’d give up number 4 for him.
I’d do Brodin+ for #4 depending on the +. Would signal a rebuild in Minnesota and just might be the solution to the 1st round exit problem 5 years later.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad