Value of: Ottawa’s first round pick (4th overall)

Eltuna

Nov 12, 2017
Something around the 4th + for Hamilton could make sense if Calgary wants to make a big change and if EK wants to leave. Calgary could have both Tkachuk’s and Ottawa could get a solid RHD to somewhat fill the massive hole that EK would leave.

Dan Kelly

Sep 27, 2017
If I'm Ottawa I'm going to try a rebuild on the fly and also see what I can potentally get for Karlsson. That could be sweet! But also if the Sens aren't happy picking at #4, maybe try trading down or trading it outright for an established player, though I don't believe it would make much difference. If I'm picking #4 for the Sens and he's still on the board, I'm taking RD Adam Boqvist and running! o_O

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
Something around the 4th + for Hamilton could make sense if Calgary wants to make a big change and if EK wants to leave. Calgary could have both Tkachuk’s and Ottawa could get a solid RHD to somewhat fill the massive hole that EK would leave.

I’ve thought of that too. Hamilton would be a good guy to have on the top pair if Karlsson leaves.

Not sure if Calgary does that deal, but like you said, they’d get both Tkachuk’s which might be enticing to them. Or they could pick a dman with that pick.

TheBlackFish

Jun 22, 2016
How about Wayne Simmonds (RW 1yr at $4m), German Rubstov (C prospect, pick #22 2016) and Felix Sandstrom (top 20 G prospect) from the Flyers?

If Simmonds resigns its a great deal. If he doesn't, not so much

Eltuna

Nov 12, 2017
I’ve thought of that too. Hamilton would be a good guy to have on the top pair if Karlsson leaves.

Not sure if Calgary does that deal, but like you said, they’d get both Tkachuk’s which might be enticing to them. Or they could pick a dman with that pick.
Calgary seems to want a heavy team (drafting Tkachuk, trading for Hamonic) and Brady Tkachuk would really help with that. Hamilton’s a big guy too but he plays kind of soft. Not sure what the plus would be but it would have to be decent I would think, something less than Ceci but more than a guy like Harpur.

For the sens they obviously know what they’re going to do with Karlsson by now, I’m sure he’s made it clear what it will take to sign him. If he’s traded and no replacement is found it’s basically guaranteeing Colorado a top 5 pick since Ceci would be the teams 1D with a 38 year old goaltender coming off of a terrible year. The fans would eat managment alive if that were to happen so I imagine they’ll be very diligent in trying to trade for a RHD to avoid that at any cost.

FameFlame069

Oct 2, 2017
Calgary seems to want a heavy team (drafting Tkachuk, trading for Hamonic) and Brady Tkachuk would really help with that. Hamilton’s a big guy too but he plays kind of soft. Not sure what the plus would be but it would have to be decent I would think, something less than Ceci but more than a guy like Harpur.

For the sens they obviously know what they’re going to do with Karlsson by now, I’m sure he’s made it clear what it will take to sign him. If he’s traded and no replacement is found it’s basically guaranteeing Colorado a top 5 pick since Ceci would be the teams 1D with a 38 year old goaltender coming off of a terrible year. The fans would eat managment alive if that were to happen so I imagine they’ll be very diligent in trying to trade for a RHD to avoid that at any cost.

I was thinking Ceci + 4th OA for Hamilton + Hathaway/forward prospect not named Dube + a later pick next year (3rd? 19)

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
You need to keep the pick, you don't have your 2019 1st, you CAN'T deal this pick,Jack Huges is already going to Colorado

Reactions: Hmmm

Bjornar Moxnes

Stem Rødt og Felix Unger Sörum
Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark

I have had it with Calgary could have both Tkachuk's. If Calgary trades Hamilton for Brady Tkachuk I'm done as a fan. That would be one of the biggest mistakes ever. Even though I love Wahlstrom, I wouldn't even trade Hamilton for Wahlstrom alone. If Hamilton is gone it's either for an already top line RHS winger who has near elite potential, or a great top line RHS winger and a #4 LHD, as we're most likely going to move Brodie to the right side. But I wouldn't trade Hamilton for Brady Tkachuk package at all. Tkachuk is probably the most overrated forward in this year's draft.

Bjornar Moxnes

Stem Rødt og Felix Unger Sörum
Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
I was thinking Ceci + 4th OA for Hamilton + Hathaway/forward prospect not named Dube + a later pick next year (3rd? 19)
If Hamilton is going for a Dman we better get a LHD. Brodie is much better on RS, and our LHD depth and prospects are thin. Yes it's awesome we have Valimaki, but Giordano is aging.

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
You need to keep the pick, you don't have your 2019 1st, you CAN'T deal this pick,Jack Huges is already going to Colorado

Just wanted to see what the pick is worth. I don’t see us dealing it. Just interested to see what it’s worth, that’s all.

treple13

Sep 1, 2013
Not a chance Flames give Hamilton for 4. If Sens want him, Mark Stone needs to be coming our way

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad