Ott to Montreal for 2018 6th

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012
Everyone freaked out about signing Ott... but we got four ok months and a 6th round pick out of him.

Inspiration

Jul 10, 2013
Cool now bring up the young kids. Bertuzzi.
First in line should be Nosek. Unlike Bertuzzi, he is waiver-eligible next year. He likely doesn't have much upside, but the Wings need to find out if he is NHL caliber.

Oct 18, 2006
More than happy to take anything for someone who wasn't required and wouldn't have returned.

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
First in line should be Nosek. Unlike Bertuzzi, he is waiver-eligible next year. He likely doesn't have much upside, but the Wings need to find out if he is NHL caliber.

He was fine in his call up last season. He's no worse than Andersson at the very least.

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
Everyone freaked out about signing Ott... but we got four ok months and a 6th round pick out of him.

I don't know that I was freaking out but for me it was that I didn't want a rat like Ott on the Wings. And also it was yet another tinkering move from Holland that didn't address the teams major issues.

In the end though, at least it did turn into something. And I'm happy to have Ott no longer wearing the winged wheel.

HIFE

May 10, 2011
Detroit, MI
Yup Wings managers are masterminds. :loony:

"This is, if anything, a massive dissection of our lowered expectations regarding a franchise spinning it's wheels in the mud."- Bench

Last edited:

HIFE

May 10, 2011
Detroit, MI
I don't understand this response. The most positive adjective or phrase anybody used to describe this trade was "nice." But sure, spin the tale that people are calling this a genius move so that you can call them crazy.

My reply wasn't clear even trying to edit it, sorry. I'm not calling anyone here crazy. I think Holland was nuts for ever signing Ott. Selling him for a 6th round pick I find comedic along with the other "wheeling and dealing" of the garbage he's amassed.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
This is why it makes no sense to not always try and stay close to the cap ceiling. Maximize sellable assets. Spend some money in the summer, get some picks out of it in the spring.

Nice to see us get a couple of extra picks in '18.

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
This is why it makes no sense to not always try and stay close to the cap ceiling. Maximize sellable assets. Spend some money in the summer, get some picks out of it in the spring.

Steve Ott fetching a 6th is not an argument for spending to the cap ceiling every year.

He was a 4th line player getting paid 4th line money.

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014

That makes some sense, provided that nearly all your players are either contributing enough that it's fine if they're locked in long-term, or have moveable contracts.

But the dead horse of several boat anchor deals rears its ugly head again.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad