Confirmed Trade: [OTT/SJS] Dylan Gambrell for 2022 7th round pick

Pavelski2112

Bold as Boognish
Dec 15, 2011
San Jose, California
Gambrell is a warm body, that's about it. He took a small step forward last year but ultimately provides nothing special. Could have worse players as your #13/14F

Saying that now, he'll probably become a top-6 C in Ottawa

Reactions: HabsQC and Avsboy

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
Am I missing something or what made San Jose feel the need to give him up for so little? I know he's not great and has cleared waivers but I would think at the very least he'd hold more value to them as a call-up.

Reactions: OmniSens

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
He is beyond awful
I expect next to nothing from Gambrell, but we have had 3 injuries at C to start the year and we simply have no internal options right now. He will fill a role and probably be waived before too long or, at best, be a one-and-done. But he can play and thats all we need right now.

Kcoyote3

Half-wall Hockey - link below!
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2012
www.half-wallhockey.com
Am I missing something or what made San Jose feel the need to give him up for so little? I know he's not great and has cleared waivers but I would think at the very least he'd hold more value to them as a call-up.
The AHL team is cluttered right now. Many call up options before Gambrell ultimately and he needed a change of scenery after being sent down this year

themelkman

Always Delivers
Apr 26, 2015
Calgary, Alberta
Hes not worth calling up, atleast not at this point. Only provides minor defensive impact which we already get tons of. Id rather call up 2020 7th rounder Adam Raska who looked like he could contribute at the NHL level in training camp.

Pavelski2112

Bold as Boognish
Dec 15, 2011
San Jose, California
The Sharks have plenty of depth/rookie forwards they can call up that have the potential to provide more than what Gambrell does. No space for him and he's never taken the leap to be a legit full-time NHLer that the org saw him as becoming.

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
Always thought he was the passenger at Denver with Troy Terry and Henrik Borgstrom

ottawa has had exposure to the NCHC for awhile so I could see them liking him.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
Can Ottawa send him down without waivers now ? Maybe some ahl help

Maurice of Orange

Wahatquenak
Feb 5, 2016
Didn’t he recently clear waivers? Glad we got a pick out of it
Gambrell cleared waivers October 10th and was sent to the AHL Barracuda after he lost his job to Jasper Weatherby and Lane Peterson.

The injuries to White, Pinto, Watson and Bishop in Ottawa was too much to overcome on the injury front, the Sens don’t really have any other forwards that are NHL ready, Parker Kelly got an opportunity but did not impress and was sent back down.

Last edited:
Reactions: hn777

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
Gambrell cleared waivers October 10th and was sent to the AHL Barracuda after he lost his job to Jasper Weatherby and Lane Peterson.

The injuries to White, Pinto and Watson in Ottawa was too much to overcome on the injury front, the Sens don’t really have any other forwards that are NHL ready, Parker Kelly got an opportunity but did not impress and was sent back down.

Bishop, too, who was decent for us in a 4th line role for about 20 games last year.

Kelly was decent, btw, had a few very good games and a few not so good ones. He is good enough to be an extra on our team but they probably dont want him up here unless he's playing every game. Also isnt a C.

Reactions: Maurice of Orange

ottawah

Jan 7, 2011
Considering I was surprised that he wasn't claimed by Ottawa when he was put on waivers, getting a 7th for him is a win.

Doesn't a waiver cost money? Melnyk probably was willing to part with the 7th to save a few bucks ......

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
A warm body to fill the gaping hole at center after the Pinto and White injuries.

Not much to complain about.

Reactions: OmniSens

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad