Confirmed Signing with Link: [OTT] Ron Hainsey signs with the Senators (1 year, $3.5M)

General Disarray

Jul 21, 2016
Toronto
Sens D suddenly looks decent with chabot and bransstorm. Hainsey helping to mentor on the bottom pair and zaitsev a serviceable #4/5. They should be tanking this year though.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
lmao no it just speaks how cheap sens owner is and how dumb their gm is. dj smith was terrible here last year. now for u hes a goat coach? lmao
Sounds like u need someone to blame other than Babcock

Srsly

Feb 8, 2011
Upland
Am I in the minority in that I’d rather have Ron for one year at 3.5 than Ceci at 4.5? Oh well... maybe Ceci can rebound, he’s only 25 and has decent draft pedigree.

Then again, Ottawa is pretty close to Toronto and offers a lower cost of living and some other benefits, maybe he just chose the Senators over the Leafs. He has his cup so he likely doesn’t care about playing for a contender.

Ciao

Jul 15, 2010
Toronto
Yeah, I love Hainsey but there’s no way we could’ve afforded him on more than a 1x1

Solid pickup for the send, he still has some gas in the tank. 3.5 is a bit steep but Ottawa can afford that
This is it.

Theres no way the Leafs could afford to sign him on that deal.

I would like him rotating in and out of the lineup -- maybe into 35 games -- and at least this prevents Babs from pairing him with Reilly again.

Sensmileletsgo

Oct 22, 2018
Sens D suddenly looks decent with chabot and bransstorm. Hainsey helping to mentor on the bottom pair and zaitsev a serviceable #4/5. They should be tanking this year though.
Don't worry, our goaltending and forward group is still really bad. The tank will be on. I dont think its a bad idea to ice a decent defence to help with the team morale. Last year was awful.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad