Confirmed Signing with Link: [OTT] Ron Hainsey signs with the Senators (1 year, $3.5M)

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Zaitsev waiving to play for DJ Smith, now Hainsey signing because of DJ Smith really speaks to Ottawa making a sharp decision in hiring him as Head Coach. Much of what the Sens will be, depend on Chabot and Brannstrom. Who's next Jake Gardiner?

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
He will be flipped at the deadline

Hainsey is the type of player that these playoff gm’s get a boner over

SensFactor

Oct 25, 2008
Ottawa
Leafs just got the Sens two worst defensemen. Hainsey was actually decent for the Leafs and Connor brown is exactly what the Sens needed in the bottom six.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
Leaf fans talking shit but we all know Babcock is gonna be pushing to get hainsey st the deadline for a playoff run :laugh:

Reactions: Godstin Matthews

Riellyfan04

Feb 25, 2010
Toronto On
Zaitsev waiving to play for DJ Smith, now Hainsey signing because of DJ Smith really speaks to Ottawa making a sharp decision in hiring him as Head Coach. Much of what the Sens will be, depend on Chabot and Brannstrom. Who's next Jake Gardiner?
lmao no it just speaks how cheap sens owner is and how dumb their gm is. dj smith was terrible here last year. now for u hes a goat coach? lmao

Reactions: Marner to Matthews

viper0220

Oct 10, 2008
Weird moves for a team looking to rebuild. And this means Hainsey will likely be signed cheap. I would have thought the Leafs would bring him back for the kind of money Cheapnyk would be willing to spend.

Good one LOL. I think most of these signings are cheap.

BM14

Dec 7, 2012
GTA
Leaf fans talking **** but we all know Babcock is gonna be pushing to get hainsey st the deadline for a playoff run :laugh:
Sure. We all know Ott can't afford to pay the full 3.5M salary they just gave him.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
Sure. We all know Ott can't afford to pay the full 3.5M salary they just gave him.
It’s a smart move from Ottawa

Sign vets to one year deals then flip them . Actually it’s not even smart it’s standard practice

Even the leafs did it

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
lmao no it just speaks how cheap sens owner is and how dumb their gm is. dj smith was terrible here last year. now for u hes a goat coach? lmao

Yep, Always thought DJ Smith was a potentially good NHL coach. When his name came up for the Isles last year, I endorsed it. That was until Trotz was available. Do you disagree with NHL players that voted him the best next NHL coach when a NHLPA poll was released asking this. Just look at the proof in Hainsey and Zaitsev then.

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018
Looks like Melnyk found an investor to help him out. I mean MLSE have billions they could invest into a second AHL team

Mar 12, 2009
I have him blocked but I'm guessing by the looks of this thread, TWS loves this move for the Sens.

If anyone wants, I have screenshotted a bunch of TWS replies when the Leafs signed Lamoriello if anyone wants a laugh.
He's just that predictable at this point lmao. I thought I remembered him not liking us signing Lou, then he moves on the the Isles and tws is the chairman of the Lou Lam Fan Club. For my money, he's the best running joke on this website.

I wouldn't have minded having Hainsey back, seems like a good guy and a "good pro". Can't pay him that much though for what I see as a 6th D at this point.

Reactions: Kelly

TSA0402

Apr 4, 2011
Ottawa
Sens needed a bit of stability on the backend. Of all the terrible moves Sens have done in the past 2 years, this is easily one of the better ones.

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
This an Ennis are slam dunks. If they perform, they get traded at the deadline. If they dont, it's one year.

NoName

Bringer of Playoffs!
Nov 3, 2017
Cap Friendly has it listed at 1 year @ $3.5 million.

Substantial overpayment for a guy who at this point should be a third pairing D. He was pretty cooked on the Leafs blue-line trying to log top-4 minutes. At least it looks like it is only 1 year.

BayStBullies

Burn the Boats!
Apr 1, 2012
@BayStBullies
Hainsey has received an endless amount of hate during his time with the Leafs; but, he has really been fairly solid. I hate to see him go.

93gilmour93

Feb 27, 2010
It makes me laugh how melnyk trashed the leafs D and everyone has been saying for a long time that the right side is weak so what does Ottawa do? Of course they get the two guys that were the main targets of the leafs bad D. Melnyk gonna Melnyk :laugh:

Reactions: BradyTkachucky

toronto money leafs
Sep 29, 2017
Paris
At this stage of his career he is a serviceable bottom pair D. Not sure if you pay those guys 3.5M (a raise) but it’s only one year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad