Proposal: OTT - PHI

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Why do we bother...Ryan is looking more and more every year to be LTIRED sooner than later,if he is healthy we get a decent second line player albeit ,an over paid one

Flyers Faithful

Feb 12, 2016
Why do we bother...Ryan is looking more and more every year to be LTIRED sooner than later,if he is healthy we get a decent second line player albeit ,an over paid one
Thought process is taking Ryan would lower the asking price of 4th Overall, and maximize Ottawa’s return in a Karlsson trade by not having a team need to take Ryan as well. If Ryan gets hurt LTIR him if he makes it to the start of 2020-2021 make a side deal with Seattle to select him in the expansion draft and unload that contract. Our prospect pool is loaded but we need more sure fire top line potential prospects.

Reactions: topshelf15

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Thought process is taking Ryan would lower the asking price of 4th Overall, and maximize Ottawa’s return in a Karlsson trade by not having a team need to take Ryan as well. If Ryan gets hurt LTIR him if he makes it to the start of 2020-2021 make a side deal with Seattle to select him in the expansion draft and unload that contract. Our prospect pool is loaded but we need more sure fire top line potential prospects.
Oh for sure its reasonable,but we also have a huge need for cheap elite young talent...So I cant see us biting

Reactions: Grebinator

Flyers Faithful

Feb 12, 2016
Moving 4th overall when they don't have a pick next year. Ottawa fans would riot.
I’d be willing to change the deal in some way to include our first next year if OTT threw in JG Pageau but I feel the value would still be off.

Spit balling here

PHI:
Bobby Ryan
JG Pageau
4th Overall

OTT:
Rights to Robert Hagg
German Rubtsov
14th Overall
2019 1st

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
Kinda screws Ottawa.

They dump Ryan's contract, so they don't have to pay him, but they also have no #4 and no pick next year, which is probably right around the same range. They'd be in the tank for another decade.

ponder719

Haute Couturier
Jul 2, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Douchebag McGurk would probably love to move that salary, but I fully expect Dorion would commit seppuku if he had to move one of the few valuable assets they're likely to get to keep for any length of time. I don't think there's any way that Ottawa goes for this. It'd likely involve both 14 and 19 if we were to try.

pmwlker

Apr 13, 2018
Why would Philly do this. Ryan’s salary is horrid. Hard pass. Rather keep the younger assetts

TheBradyBunch

Dec 17, 2008
I think something around Hoffman for 14th could make sense, this does not, however.

Maybe Hoffman for Gudas + 14th or 19th. Gudas would fit Ottawa's salary needs and would fill a hole on the 3rd pairing right side.

captainpaxil

Dec 2, 2008
With Simmonds facing ufa the flyers are lacking in a net front presence. While prospects like ratcliffe and alison are promising in that regard neither are sure things and both are a few years away. What the flyers need is someone to bridge the gap without committing to too much term. Hence my interest in Ryan. Ottowa is looking to shed salary and a Ryan for McDonald deal allows them to cut cost in the short-term by 2.5 per year and in the long because McDonald's contract is two years shorter. The flyers would have to move some salary in the deal. Hagg is essentially farmer andys replacement a stay at home guy who can play either side so id rather keep hagg and move McDonald. But i feel that skewed the op too much so i just threw something out there with McDonald for Ryan as the base

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
With Simmonds facing ufa the flyers are lacking in a net front presence. While prospects like ratcliffe and alison are promising in that regard neither are sure things and both are a few years away. What the flyers need is someone to bridge the gap without committing to too much term. Hence my interest in Ryan. Ottowa is looking to shed salary and a Ryan for McDonald deal allows them to cut cost in the short-term by 2.5 per year and in the long because McDonald's contract is two years shorter. The flyers would have to move some salary in the deal. Hagg is essentially farmer andys replacement a stay at home guy who can play either side so id rather keep hagg and move McDonald. But i feel that skewed the op too much so i just threw something out there with McDonald for Ryan as the base

You must have missed the last 1/4 of the season where Patrick took Simmonds spot on the power play. He is our net front presence now.

Ryan isnt bridging the gap to anything except LTIR.

ArchAngel55

Nov 16, 2008
Philadelphia, Pa
So the Flyers add cap and have Ryan for 2 more years at 7.5 and they have to add a pick? Why would they do that? They can do a hundred other things without taking that contract.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad